Intake Manifold Out!

RedRamRules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished removing the intake manifold. First and foremost, I would like to give thanks and a shoutout to Dan and DC Performance, for which this removal could not be done without. He removed the bolt which I spent 3 hours on Sunday in 5 minutes :adore::rock:

From start to finish the second time today, it took 20 minutes to remove. Not a hard job (with the exception of the one bolt). Need to clean the area underneath though. The inside of the runners and intake plenum is rough, I wish there is a way to smooth them out. Also I wonder if I can grind some of the casting lines out.

While the intake is out, should I do anything while the truck is down? All my gaskets are OK.

The last pic is the location of the difficult bolt, I wonder if I can grind the outside a little bit to give my socket more clearance.
:boxing:

See this is where I would get into trouble. Hmmm

I would be saying honey while I have this off we should let jim port match the intake and heads. LOL How do the v-10's flow anyhow? There is always a little cleanup with a air grinder on all machined parts. You could clean it up. just be careful.

Nowwhat said:
what are you doing to it....powdercoat...?
Gonna give it to Mr. Holden, who has a project which is in need of the manifold. I will let him elaborate on that. :rock::rock:

RedRamRules said:
Gonna give it to Mr. Holden, who has a project which is in need of the manifold. I will let him elaborate on that. :rock::rock:

ooh yeah.....that is going to look great......smmmmoooooooooooooooth

The intake is is fun ain,t it. If the bolt your referring to is the left rear,
I use a torx socket,1/4 in. drive with a universal.
A small telescoping magnet helps.How does your back feel??
All in all not to bad a job.I always replace all gaskets,Regardless!
Watch out for sharp edges!

The second to last on the drivers side is one of the most difficult bolts I have encountered. I used a medly of 7/16", 11mm, 30-T torx sockets to no avail. The damn bolt was driving me crazy sunday, I had removed EVERTHING except that one bolt:musicus::damnmate::banghead:

Back and fingers are fine, its my knees that are knida hurtin, nothing a few beers wont cure :cheers::D

Juan, I'm sorry I missed your call and this thread until now. I had a business meeting tonight and just got home a little while ago. You are a Saint and we all owe you a debt of gratitude for going through what you've gone through on this!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

I am determined to find a way to offer manifold polishing (and other parts such as A arms) at a reasonable price and with show quality results, but without taking a month to get it done. I think I've narrowed the possibilities down to a couple of equipment vendors and if it works (which I think it will) we'll all benefit from it. I'm sending one manifold to both vendors in a bake off, which ever one turns out best, I'm going to make the purchase and then I'll be able to offer mondo polishing services to you guys.

Juan, as far as what else you need to do while you have this down, two things at least come to mind...first, we need to port and polish your throttle body, and second you need to order a set of MSD plug wires. No time like the present to make that upgrade...if you want me to port and polish your throttle body, stick it in the box with your intake and I'll do it, free of charge since you've been such a trooper. Also, on your intake, if you want to grind off some of the casting marks that's fine, or send it like it is and we'll do it, for to you. With respect to trying to make more room for that troublesome bolt, don't worry about that, when you get the manifold back, there will be a surprise in the box for you that eliminates that issue...forever.:D

Last edited:
Texas Yellow Fever said:
Juan, I'm sorry I missed your call and this thread until now. I had a business meeting tonight and just got home a little while ago. You are a Saint and we all owe you a debt of gratitude for going through what you've gone through on this!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

I am determined to find a way to offer manifold polishing (and other parts such as A arms) at a reasonable price and with show quality results, but without taking a month to get it done. I think I've narrowed the possibilities down to a couple of equipment vendors and if it works (which I think it will) we'll all benefit from it. I'm sending one manifold to both vendors in a bake off, which ever one turns out best, I'm going to make the purchase and then I'll be able to offer mondo polishing services to you guys.

Juan, as far as what else you need to do while you have this down, two things at least come to mind...first, we need to port and polish your throttle body, and second you need to order a set of MSD plug wires. No time like the present to make that upgrade...if you want me to port and polish your throttle body, stick it in the box with your intake and I'll do it, free of charge since you've been such a trooper. Also, on your intake, if you want to grind off some of the casting marks that's fine, or send it like it is and we'll do it, for to you. With respect to trying to make more room for that troublesome bolt, don't worry about that, when you get the manifold back, there will be a surprise in the box for you that eliminates that issue...forever.:D

Steve you :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: I am looking forward to giving you my hard earned $$$

Hey Steve ,
Could you make some pin-striping to go around the lip of our wheels ? about a 1/8 inch wide in red :dontknow: :dontknow:

Thanks for that Steve, let me know where to ship it, it will be there ASAP! :D Thanks for your time, services and effort on this project!

RedRamRules said:
Thanks for that Steve, let me know where to ship it, it will be there ASAP! :D Thanks for your time, services and effort on this project!
Do you still have bubble wrap or do you need some more :dontknow: :dontknow:

06__QUAD__SRT10 said:
Do you still have bubble wrap or do you need some more :dontknow: :dontknow:
Used the bubble wrap to ship the CAI I previously had, I would be more than happy to take more from ya :D

RedRamRules said:

Ship it to:

SLH Motorsports, Inc.
1102 South Happy Hollow Road
Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701
479-444-9200

We'll send you back a masterpiece...I hope...LOL!!!

Thanks for all that you've done, if this works out as well as I hope/think it will, we'll all benefit from it in the long run. I know that's easy for me to say, you're the one with the sore knees, but hopefully it'll all be worth it in the long run...

RedRamRules said:
While the intake is out, should I do anything while the truck is down? All my gaskets are OK.
:boxing:
Clean and Port the throttle body! :rock:
Add some MSD wires.

Silverback said:
Sorry Kevan, but that video of the process just looks terrible.;) :D
It is kinda....graphic. :D
Only your perv mind would turn extrude honing into a potential bukakke party toy.
...and we love ya for it. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back