Intake Manifold Out!

Progress update...

Juan,
I thought I'd post a few pictures up so you know we're busy on your stuff...

We ported one side of the thottle body, then started on the other one when we remembered we had not taken a before picture, so here's a few pictures with two identical large washers in the bores, so you can see the difference in diameter before and after porting them. I'm also including some quick pictures of the outside of the throttle body so you can get a woody on the newly polished finish...:D

Your manifold has been shipped to the equipment vendor so they can put a polish on it, the 12 pt stainless ARP bolts are on order, the plan is coming together nicely...so far...LOL!!!

Attachments

• DSCF1409.JPG
    DSCF1409.JPG
    473.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF1410.JPG
    DSCF1410.JPG
    476.2 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF1411.JPG
    DSCF1411.JPG
    475 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF1412.JPG
    DSCF1412.JPG
    477.7 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF1413.JPG
    DSCF1413.JPG
    486.5 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF1414.JPG
    DSCF1414.JPG
    479 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF1415.JPG
    DSCF1415.JPG
    474.9 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF1416.JPG
    DSCF1416.JPG
    485.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Texas Yellow Fever said:
Juan,
I thought I's post a few pictures up so you know we're busy on your stuff...

We ported one side of the thottle body, then started on the other one when we remembered we have not taken a before picture, so here's a few pictures with two identical large washers in the venturi, so you can see the difference in diameter before and after porting them. I'm also including some of the outside of the throttle body so you can get a woody on the newly polished finish...:D

Your manifold has been shipped to the equipment vendor so they can put a polish on it, the 12 pt stainless ARP bolts are on order, the plan is coming together nicely...so far...LOL!!!
Man that looks nice! Great work Steve!

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Juan,

We ported one side of the thottle body, then started on the other one when we remembered we had not taken a before picture, so here's a few pictures with two identical large washers in the bores, so you can see the difference in diameter before and after porting them. I'm also including some quick pictures of the outside of the throttle body so you can get a woody on the newly polished finish...:D

do you gain any horse power with this?:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Whitesnake said:

i think stock porting is none.. but i ordered a X-Metal TB and it supposedly
gains 10HP.. will find out :D

Sharpi

Sharpimage said:
i think stock porting is none.. but i ordered a X-Metal TB and it supposedly
gains 10HP.. will find out :D

Sharpi

do you have one?
please keep me posted?
if you feel any diff. with it on?:dontknow:

Whitesnake said:

I do not know if you gain any numbers on the dyno, but I think everyone (including me) would tell you you can feel some difference on your seat of the pants dyno. My guess is that if you've done other bolt on mods (IE headers, CAI etc) porting the throttle body would allow things to breath better, but as I said, I don't know if anything would show up on the dyno or not. One thing is for sure, it won't hurt anything!

Texas Yellow Fever said:
I do not know if you gain any numbers on the dyno, but I think everyone (including me) would tell you you can feel some difference on your seat of the pants dyno. My guess is that if you've done other bolt on mods (IE headers, CAI etc) porting the throttle body would allow things to breath better, but as I said, I don't know if anything would show up on the dyno or not. One thing is for sure, it won't hurt anything!

and it's better for the motor? right?:dontknow: :dontknow:
would like to know a little more on this matter...

Whitesnake said:
and it's better for the motor? right?:dontknow: :dontknow:
would like to know a little more on this matter...

I'm not sure what you mean by better for the motor...:dontknow: :confused: This mod (as mwith most/all mods) are not nessecarily better for the motor. Some mods may allow it to make more power by adding more gas/air or both to the mix, but other than maybe being more efficient (and more fun) I'm not sure I would consider more HP better for the motor...

Whitesnake said:
do you have one?
please keep me posted?
if you feel any diff. with it on?:dontknow:

Hell, i'll keep everyone posted.. i think it's just me and Stink that have it thus
far.. :dontknow::dontknow: well i don't have it... yet.. i orderd it last monday..
But i ordered mainly for the Roe SC i intend on buying in the very near future..
so well see man.. :D :rock:

Sharpi

Texas Yellow Fever said:
I'm not sure what you mean by better for the motor...:dontknow: :confused: This mod (as mwith most/all mods) are not nessecarily better for the motor. Some mods may allow it to make more power by adding more gas/air or both to the mix, but other than maybe being more efficient (and more fun) I'm not sure I would consider more HP better for the motor...

What are you talking about???!?!?! Engines love HP!! LOL!!! just kidding..
the whole idea behind a ported TB is the idea that you get more air into
the combustion chamber.. thus creating more HP.. wait.. let me correct myself..
Not more air per say.. but less restricted air.. what ever that means.. LOL!
Anyways, it just lets more air into your engine.. that's all.. :D

Sharpi

Sharpimage said:
What are you talking about???!?!?! Engines love HP!! LOL!!! just kidding..
the whole idea behind a ported TB is the idea that you get more air into
the combustion chamber.. thus creating more HP.. wait.. let me correct myself..
Not more air per say.. but less restricted air.. what ever that means.. LOL!
Anyways, it just lets more air into your engine.. that's all.. :D

Sharpi

okay phuck it, what does it cost? :D
is it worth it?:D

Whitesnake said:
okay phuck it, what does it cost? :D
is it worth it?:D

If you want it done inside and out, it $200...but, I'm only going to do three sides on the outside, the bottom is too friggin hard to do and will never be seen anyway.

Man,I sure do wish there would have been someone close by when I did my intake !!!!:(

I guess I'll just have to settle for a little Bling instead of the Extrude Honing !!!:(

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Juan,

Don't believe him Juan, it's the old two different size washer trick.;) :p :D

Just kidding Steve. That looks great. :rock:

Silverback said:
Don't believe him Juan, it's the old two different size washer trick.;) :p :D
Exactly what I was thinking Silver LOL!!:D

Steve, the tb looks amazing, no doubt I would go through the same ordeal to get those great looking results. Take your time, perfection comes in small steps :) :dancing::star:

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME :burnout: :burnout:
Can,t wait to see it in person:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Maybe I should send my extra intake out and have it extrude honed,then powder coat it and have it painted too !!!:dontknow:

NO :( :( :(
Not untill we discuss a swap:rock: :rock:

Back