into the twelves?

Kevan said:
I forgot Annu...what was your best 1320 time?

13.1. that was with 91 Octane. My tune is set for 100. I am gonna do the gibson headers and get 100 octane than i should be able to hit 12.7 12.9:rock:

Blackbeast07 said:
is there any performance parts to make it easier? like i heard not to get an air intake becuase you lose power

Magnaflow or similar, delete cats, DC stage two flash, CAI or not.........those mods have gotten 04 trucks into the 12's. Shift like a sumbitch at 5500, hope the track is prepped well and temps are in the 50's

. Even better, on a bigger budget, centerforce clutch, viper master/slave, 4:56 or 4:88 gears, headers, drag radials, X metal shifter.

Then there is NOS, SC or a JMB turbo..........if your budget allows.

How much do you want to spend?

patrick

Blackbeast07 said:
got a complety stock 04 lookin to get in the 12's. what do i need?
I guess alot depends on where you live. Maening elevation, weather, etc.

Just two weeks ago I watched a stock '06 run 12.95 at 106+, but we're basically at sea level and it was chilly (40's!!).

The only real difference, performance wise, between your '04 and newer '05's and '06's is the rear gears. You've got 4.10's and 05's and up have 4.56's.

I had an '04, and IMO, the best mod I did was Gears! Those 4.10's suck - waaay to high.

Hey Blackbeast07....I have a 2004RC , on motor my best is [email protected]. My mods are as follow:4.56 gears, full length headers, race cats, Magnaflow catback exhaust, Volant Ram Air, 170 therm.,Fidanza flywheel, centerforce clutch, Viper slave and master cyl. kit, Xmetal IV shifter, Caltracs, Hurst Line-loc and M&H 390-40-17 Drag radials @17 PSI. Realistically I think you need the 4.56, Magnaflow, short shift handle and M&H tires to break a 12.99 second ET or better.

BigRed460 said:
LOL Learn to drive... Wait for some good track conditions, and hold on...

If you want conistant 12's you can do it with:
1. CAt-less Mids
2. Flash/programer
3. (For the shifting impaired) a shifter
about 1300$

You can shift you way into the 12's with a stocker if you know how...

do not attempt. this is aprofessional driver clossrd course!

Prof said:
Cheapest and easiest...a 125 shot...call...Justin at JMB.

But here is my usual caution statement...determine what your ultimate goal first.
Begin with the end in mind, and plan your mods with that goal constantly in mind, this will help you avoid a lot of poor decisions that you will regret.

Prof,

Will a stock block be able to handle a 125 shot?

BigDave1970 said:
Prof,

Will a stock block be able to handle a 125 shot?
Stock you can go 150ish safe, there are a few that are running 175...

I tend to believe Big Red...but the real expert is Justin at JMB...he is the Supreme Sprayer in my opinion...send him a pm...he will not only give you the right answer but can set you up with exactly what you might need.

Roy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back