Is the Viper a "Supercar"?

lots of different opinions, you either are a viper guy or you are not so I would be in the who gives a *****. But would buy one in a heartbeat if i had the cash :)

trubuilt said:
lots of different opinions, you either are a viper guy or you are not so I would be in the who gives a *****. But would buy one in a heartbeat if i had the cash :)

I bet none of those guy's on that thread would turn one down either.

I look at the vipers as a high end muscle car. All that raw power is pure displacement. Nothing fancy about them. American bad-assness at it's finest!:rock: Just my opinion.

johnnybravo said:
I look at the vipers as a high end muscle car. All that raw power is pure displacement. Nothing fancy about them. American bad-assness at it's finest!:rock: Just my opinion.

I agree 100%:rock:

personally i dont think the viper is a "supercar".
if you can drive to a dealer and walk away with a car that day it is not a supercar.

a supercr is one of those, we are going to make 50 and they are all accoutned for kind of cars.
ie...ENZO, VEYRON, REVENTON...maybe a LP640 or 599...but no a viper or ZR1 or even gallardo are not super cars.

BurntRubber said:
personally i dont think the viper is a "supercar".
if you can drive to a dealer and walk away with a car that day it is not a supercar.

a supercr is one of those, we are going to make 50 and they are all accoutned for kind of cars.
ie...ENZO, VEYRON, REVENTON...maybe a LP640 or 599...but no a viper or ZR1 or even gallardo are not super cars.

I would tend to agree with BR on this.

And just because it's not a supercar, does not make it any less of a car.

Silverback said:
I would tend to agree with BR on this.

And just because it's not a supercar, does not make it any less of a car.

Isnt kinda like this though? Imagine a super car like a high maintenance super model, She is a pain in the ass, high maintenance, breaks down a lot , expensive to service, on the other hand impresses others and rides like a charm:D

Personally Ill take the one who doesnt know shes smokin hot, loyal and reliable and represents the species well. Ill take the "Viper":rock: :rock: :rock:

thewelshm

it is a Sports car, Muscle cars have back seats. I would also consider it a super car since it's numbers are limited to around 1500 a year.

Bruce

I'd (first) have to determine what the definition of SuperCar is....

My opinion is that the term itself is as subjective as the object in question.

D

Django said:
I'd (first) have to determine what the definition of SuperCar is....

My opinion is that the term itself is as subjective as the object in question.

D

i would quantify it by saying this...a supercar is not a car that an average 30 yr old buys, drives 8k miles a year, and worries about his kids bumping into when his wife parks next to it in there garage...
therefore viper doesnot equal supercar

I think it does still hold the fastest lap time at the Nurberg ring in Germany. Sounds super to me. At my SRT track experience chrysler said 4 out of every 10 vipers are totalled in a crash by their owners.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back