Is this a rare truck?: Silver '06 RC

Makes sense, it's fairly close to the Canadian border...

Might give them a call tomorrow... :D

just got off the phone with the owner of the car lot,and he is also the previous owner of the truck, he has no idea what hes sitting on...............23k for truck:rock:

It could still be gotten for less. especially looking at the times.

interesting 23k seems like not a bad deal, The ones that are imported to the US or Canada, warranties are void once registered in the other country.

Well......I just told the wife I needed to spend 23K for a one of a kind truck.
I don't think "Ha, ha, ha, ha" means I'll be getting it.:(:(

Wow, this thread evolved in a hurry!! Thanks for the info Robert and Dave!!

Someone jump on this! They're getting a super rare truck!! I wish I were in the position to buy it!!!!

To verify if the truck is legit, check the body code plate, line 3, digits 5 through 8. Paint codes for the 2006 lineup with a Bright Silver Metallic Clearcoat finish are WSB/WS2, per the 2006 service manual. Also from the 06 service manual, a description on the plate and its location:

BODY CODE PLATE
DESCRIPTION
The Body Code Plate is located on the right front
hydroform fender rail just behind the headlight assembly.
There are seven lines of information on the body
code plate. Lines 5, 6, and 7 are not used to define
service information. Information reads from left to
right, starting with line 4 in the center of the plate to
line 1 at the bottom of the plate.
The last code imprinted on a vehicle code plate will be
followed by the imprinted word END. When two vehicle
code plates are required, the last available spaces
on the first plate will be imprinted with the letters CTD
(for continued).
When a second vehicle code plate is necessary, the
first four spaces on each row will not be used
because of the plate overlap

If the paint code checks out and the plate is legit, OEM not "altered", I would say the truck is one of the rarest out there. If its not a OEM offering and a repaint, OK, it still looks good IMHO. :D :rock:

This is a find. This truck was exported to Canada and it really is Silver. At least that is my guess. I want it. This is one that will fetch top dollar at Barrett Jackson someday if it is still stock and not wrecked and it gets stored by the new owner.

pull the tail light off see if it is silver on inside ,,,:eek:

MYTRAM said:
Now if anyone comes across an '05 Inferno Red? That would be one I'd really like to have.
I don't think there are any.

Bill.

If it was a Canadian model wouldn't it have a speedometer cluster in kilometers? In the for sale add it shows miles but you can't see the cluster to verify it.

That's a good point, it's too bad that there aren't more detailed photos in the ad. So is anyone thinkin' of picking this truck up--it looks like a chance to own a super rare version.

There is a marroon one at TexasDirectAuto.com , if that is Brilliant Red I want my money back for the laser surgery I had done so I can put a turbo on my truck

attachment.php

TurboFreak said:
If it was a Canadian model wouldn't it have a speedometer cluster in kilometers? In the for sale add it shows miles but you can't see the cluster to verify it.
It may have been changed, some trucks that were imported TO Canada were in miles and have been converted to the Metric speedo. Pretty easy to do so this one may have been converted to miles.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back