Its in the driveway finally. 05 Black RC

WearyMicrobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my truck today it is sitting in the driveway resting comfortably, plotting ways to kill me in new and exciting ways. My wife is already finding ways to drive it to work.

On to the fun stuff.

2005 Black Regular cab
10K miles
One Owner
All options
6/60K full warranty till Jan 2012
BONE STOCK.

There are a few small scratches on the truck and small amount of scruff on the bumper which should come out with the porter-cable. Its black after all. Even the original tires are in good shape and not worn down to far.

I am so glad I did not get the blue air-bagged truck, this one is way to much fun being able to toss it around without worrying about breaking something. :burnout:

A few strange observations.

I seem to get decent gas mileage I drove about 80 miles today after topping off the tank ~3.7 gallons gone after I refilled. I have been hot footing it around but mainly on the freeway. I was expecting like 10 not 20. It sits at ~1.4K rpm at 65 mph which is the only thing that would account for that.

Just how big is the gas tank, it seems huge. I am guessing ~27 gallons.

Will the lowing kit help with the rear end bouncing around. Truck gets planted in a hurry with he power on but just driving around normally it feels a little light and bouncy.

It needs to be much louder, I think I like the mid pipe/K&N mix that I heard on you-tube. I just want it to sound stock just louder.

I am very happy with the truck. I had been fighting my instincts on buying another car due to the economy but it gives me a lot a joy and I need a truck to haul around light but bulky items all the time for work. It will not relace the BMW for daily use but i t will keep me sane.

Pictures after I upload them

Congrats, you are official now.:rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Daytime picture's

!BQptH(w!mk~$(KGrHgoOKjcEjlLm(,PeBJ5+6L3vJg~~_1.JPG

!BQptK2gBWk~$(KGrHgoOKkYEjlLmbku,BJ5+6qh+GQ~~_1.JPG

4c64_1.JPG

Last edited:
great pics and nice truck! congrats. glad you didn't get the blue slammed one. delete the cats and the rear resonator and the stock sound will be great!

Congratulations, enjoy your new toy. Just remember, these trucks can bite you, so stay in control at all times.

Bill.

Begood said:
Congratulations, enjoy your new toy. Just remember, these trucks can bite you, so stay in control at all times.

Bill.

I have had some major HP cars this one is actually pretty tame in the grand scheme of things. I will post up some of the older drag ones and stet cars I have built/owned over the years later on so I don; clutter up the board.

Yeah Buddy! :D Whole new life for you......Truck will make a believer out of you. :rock: And Welcome to the board!

Happy Trails!
Quick

yup welcome!!!!! your in trouble now lol..... remove your cats and slap a magna flow on it and it'll make ya happy!

congrats...... :congrats:

now, as far as more sound on the stock muffler:

start with removing the rear two cats..... this will not require anything else & will not cause the dreaded CEL...... however, finding a muffler shop to remove any cats can be a problem.....
if still not loud enough, go with removing the resonator behind the muffler.....
if still not loud enough, you can remove the front two cats, put there are a few pitfalls you'll encounter when you do:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=435119&postcount=2

:)

moparracing said:
congrats...... :congrats:

now, as far as more sound on the stock muffler:

start with removing the rear two cats..... this will not require anything else & will not cause the dreaded CEL...... however, finding a muffler shop to remove any cats can be a problem.....
if still not loud enough, go with removing the resonator behind the muffler.....
if still not loud enough, you can remove the front two cats, put there are a few pitfalls you'll encounter when you do:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=435119&postcount=2

:)

What will happen if I cutoff just the resonator, louder or just drone. I have searched and searched but everyone seems to lose there factory resonator when they do the whole exhaust.

I just want it a little louder and a little more pop on deceleration.

Congrats on your new truck,
You have the two best colors(black truck,red button):rock:

Beautiful truck!! All stock must be nice, the blue bagged one may have annoyed you after awhile. Congrats and welcome, i dont have to say anything about exhaust cause these guys pretty much have ya sumed up! :)

Welcome!!! Nice ride, black is king!

Your credit card company is about to fall in love with you all over again! :p

hey quicksilver that avatar is driving me crazy i keep forgetting what im reading.what was this post about again?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back