Killed another L...

Nice Kill, but I will say both trucks look cool, and BOTH sound really cool!!:rock: :rock:

FlyingLow said:
Most there will. But if you start off about how the L sucks and how great the SRT-10 is then you are just starting trouble. I speak more to the point. Sometimes I get guys that are just trying to start a fight. Instead of taking the bait I ask them why they hate the SRT-10 so much. The average speed of the SRT-10 over there is around 14 seconds. So when I chime in about 12 second QC's I got a lot of BS flags. Then I show the video. But getting off the point here. Those guys will give respect, but if you are on their board then you have to give it first.

well if i ever????? do go there???????? then i will give mine, thanks for the info...:D

Whitesnake said:
well if i ever????? do go there???????? then i will give mine, thanks for the info...:D

Don't take my post wrong. I didn't mean to sound like I was telling you how to act. What I typed would sound different if I was talking to you. Buy if I was talking to you then I would no longer have spell check, and I can't spell worth a shit.

FlyingLow said:
Don't take my post wrong. I didn't mean to sound like I was telling you how to act. What I typed would sound different if I was talking to you. Buy if I was talking to you then I would no longer have spell check, and I can't spell worth a shit.

ME TOO!

any way this was a great kill!!!!:D

Fcuk me.... i just spent about an hour and half reading some of the material over there...I guess every group has there dumbnuts..These guys actually think that we just run 14secs, quite funny actually. Most of em' cant even get over how much some us paid for trucks. I really hope once spring comes back in we set up another gtg with L's vs srt's.. Plz dont waste your time going over there and reading. Thats an hour n a half i'll never get back..

Hell, I waste enough time here...I couldnt imagine going to another forum!!!LOL!!!:D

Thanks everyone... Looks like another member of the same forum is about to get his shot.:rock: he has a Red L that "should" be slower than this, but you never know. I'll get back to ya'll on the next victim's mods :D

Wildman

Very nice kill. I have beaten a few L's myself. They all thought I could only run mid to high 14's also. I run consistant low 13's on street tires before the 4:56 gears and catless mids. I haven't gotten to run it since they were installed. Soon, Very soon. I hope to run high 12's now.

Wade

Bernard(Red L) wants to race now. His mods are fewer than the Silver L

Bernard = Borla exhaust, cold air, programmer, and methanol injection
Jared = 4# lower, Borla, Cold air, programmer(race gas tune), alcohol injection, and race gas.

Bernard can drive pretty good though:dontknow: I'll keep you all posted although it may be a while since my shifting arm is out of commisssion due to a fucked up shoulder:(

Justanotherdodge said:
Bernard(Red L) wants to race now. His mods are fewer than the Silver L

Bernard = Borla exhaust, cold air, programmer, and methanol injection
Jared = 4# lower, Borla, Cold air, programmer(race gas tune), alcohol injection, and race gas.

Bernard can drive pretty good though:dontknow: I'll keep you all posted although it may be a while since my shifting arm is out of commisssion due to a fucked up shoulder:(

well get well soon and go get them tiger! make fool's out of them!

Hey guys... I come in peace, from the NLOC site. I drive one of the slow first generation Lightnings, a 1994. Just wanted to say I watched the SRT vs L vid that stick posted the link to... Fun and competition is what sport trucks are all about for me, There's always someone faster and I'll race just for the fun of it, even if I KNOW I'll get a serious azz kickin'... Be thankful there's competition, it keeps life interesting. I have nothing against Chevy, Dodge or SRT 10's either, I think a Viper motor in a truck is a great idea, I guess Ford decided putting the "new" Gen III Lightning truck motor in a car, (the GT-40) was a good idea. It's too bad Ford shut down the Lightning program and swiped the motor to make a release deadline for a handful of sportscars the average person will never drive. What a shame, that would have made for some interesting competition for the SRT 10 in a comparable price range. Yes the new L was to be supercharged but in fairness still only a 5.4 liter. If you ever do catch a glimpse of the Ford GT, look through the back window and you'll see the motor that was to be under the hood of the new Lightning, then you can wonder what it might have been like to race a sport truck that would have been far beyond the Gen II's you guys LOVE to rank on. Everyone loses out on that deal, just think what Dodge would have produced next to top the Gen III L... a TURBO SRT 10 maybe... guess we'll never know.
I'm sure you guys love your trucks just as much as we loyal Lightning owners love ours, it's an addiction that knows no nameplate boundaries. I'm just happy to be lucky enough to own an old Lightning and have fun with it when I can, the rest of the time it's just a way to get to work and back. Have fun, stay safe and maybe we'll see each other out there on the roads of America.

BTW, Whitesnake, for 50 grand you should be able to F*ck my Ford... :)

Why does it say: You got a Hemi? under my board name??? I didn't put that there, how do I change it??? Thanks...

Mike

Last edited:
When these trucks first came out that was what most of the 1/4 mile runs were comming in at!! 99% driver error!!:eek:

Now that most of the owneres have have ample time to learn how to drive these puppies things have changed dramatically!! The "L" bretheren just don't want to believe it!!:dontknow:

SRT10

The last Lightning was also a much smaller, and lighter truck which gives it many performance advantages, still the SRT-10 Ram stock VS stock comparison with its power robbing 22s walks away from every relevant apples to apples comparison. Thats before we start talking about how the break system on the Ford wouldn’t last 1/10th as long as the Rams.

The 2 trucks are very different in almost every aspect. The SRT-10 is just all out monster for the short races and the long ones. :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back