Killed another L...

Black P-38 said:
Why does it say: You got a Hemi? under my board name??? I didn't put that there, how do I change it??? Thanks...

Mike
YOU can't change it :p You have to post to change it. Glad you like your Ford :D

I wonder what that guy in the L was making powerwise, because the viper truck in the video couldn't have been making more than 460-470 ish right? I know a 15psi lightning should be making 420-430 ish without race gas, that would be enough power to beat the above mentioned truck. Hmm.. not sure what's up with the L I guess I just expected it to perform better than it did ( probably because I own an L lol) good race either way, this post was not intended to take anything away from the Srt ram at all.

Black P-38 said:
Hey guys... I come in peace, from the NLOC site. I drive one of the slow first generation Lightnings, a 1994. Just wanted to say I watched the SRT vs L vid that stick posted the link to... Fun and competition is what sport trucks are all about for me, There's always someone faster and I'll race just for the fun of it, even if I KNOW I'll get a serious azz kickin'... Be thankful there's competition, it keeps life interesting. I have nothing against Chevy, Dodge or SRT 10's either, I think a Viper motor in a truck is a great idea, I guess Ford decided putting the "new" Gen III Lightning truck motor in a car, (the GT-40) was a good idea. It's too bad Ford shut down the Lightning program and swiped the motor to make a release deadline for a handful of sportscars the average person will never drive. What a shame, that would have made for some interesting competition for the SRT 10 in a comparable price range. Yes the new L was to be supercharged but in fairness still only a 5.4 liter. If you ever do catch a glimpse of the Ford GT, look through the back window and you'll see the motor that was to be under the hood of the new Lightning, then you can wonder what it might have been like to race a sport truck that would have been far beyond the Gen II's you guys LOVE to rank on. Everyone loses out on that deal, just think what Dodge would have produced next to top the Gen III L... a TURBO SRT 10 maybe... guess we'll never know.
I'm sure you guys love your trucks just as much as we loyal Lightning owners love ours, it's an addiction that knows no nameplate boundaries. I'm just happy to be lucky enough to own an old Lightning and have fun with it when I can, the rest of the time it's just a way to get to work and back. Have fun, stay safe and maybe we'll see each other out there on the roads of America.

BTW, Whitesnake, for 50 grand you should be able to F*ck my Ford... :)

Why does it say: You got a Hemi? under my board name??? I didn't put that there, how do I change it??? Thanks...

Mike

BTW, Whitesnake, for 50 grand you should be able to F*ck my Ford... :)
DUDE JUST DON'T TAKE IT TO THE HEART!! STICKER IS COMING OFF SOON!

spyder1337 said:
I wonder what that guy in the L was making powerwise, because the viper truck in the video couldn't have been making more than 460-470 ish right? I know a 15psi lightning should be making 420-430 ish without race gas, that would be enough power to beat the above mentioned truck. Hmm.. not sure what's up with the L I guess I just expected it to perform better than it did ( probably because I own an L lol) good race either way, this post was not intended to take anything away from the Srt ram at all.

I'm with you man.....I own both, totally different machines.

BTW- A 4lb pulley will be at about 13 psi..not 15

--wes

Last edited:
94rt10ohio said:
Yet another piece of proof, red is fastest.
Sorry buddy!! Fastest? No. Faster than a "L", well you saw the proof....:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back