knock in motor.....

No Brad he said he was told that the truck was tuned two years ago but he "thought" it was b.s........I have been here less than a year and I believe I know the tunner your referring to....He just finished my buddy's TT build if i got the right guy....He had alot of problems with the turbo and them leaking oil but everything seems to be fine and no blown motor yet....I just chose to takes yall advice and go through Torrie.....

Troy's QC SRT said:
No Brad he said he was told that the truck was tuned two years ago but he "thought" it was b.s........I have been here less than a year and I believe I know the tunner your referring to....He just finished my buddy's TT build if i got the right guy....He had alot of problems with the turbo and them leaking oil but everything seems to be fine and no blown motor yet....I just chose to takes yall advice and go through Torrie.....

True. Hey srt10this... look on the PCM and let us know what stickers are on the computer. That'll tell us for sure. Wait, when did the SCT come out for the 10s? I think it was less than 2 years ago:confused:

yea man i have 19000 on mine and its blown. you can thank dodge for all the cast parts they put in this motor. but everything is fixable man. where are u at in jersey.

that sux buddy - let me know if there is anything i can do to help.....

im in Canada ATM,... ill hit you up when i get home bud

Ill try and look at the pcm trucks at my shop where I work right I am going to see if I can get my friend to open it so I can take a look and see ill let yous no soon with that

ok bud

VIPER said:
that sux buddy - let me know if there is anything i can do to help.....

im in Canada ATM,... ill hit you up when i get home bud

Ok viper have a good time up there man

You ran some good times bro, i think you did have a tune, just no way to find out which one i guess...

That pic you sent me of all the shavings you found in the filter was a sad sight.:(

TNVIPER said:
There is a tuner in FL that could pull all kinds of power out of a Viper engine...he also pulled a lot of rods thru the oil pan..;) ..........lean A/F and/or add enough timing and a stock engine will blow.......most of the members who have been here 3yrs know who I am referring to.....

Yeah Thanks , Now you have me worried again:p

had some good runs

FastSRT19 said:
You ran some good times bro, i think you did have a tune, just no way to find out which one i guess...

That pic you sent me of all the shavings you found in the filter was a sad sight.:(

Yeah your right I did have some good runs in with it 13.0 at 108.9 not to bad

fastestbrickonearth said:
yea man i have 19000 on mine and its blown. you can thank dodge for all the cast parts they put in this motor. but everything is fixable man. where are u at in jersey.

WTF?!?! Yours too? What are your mods?

Stock engines are going to blow if you race them...it may last a while or it may go quickly. If you race it, you must be ready at anytime to pull it and rebuild. Even with a forged bottom end, wonderful tune by an expert tuner, an engine that is pushed will go south. Every full power burst brings you closer to the point at which the engine must be rebuilt.

If anyone is surprised by this critical path is living in a dream world.

While I am on my soap box:

Never buy a vehicle that is going to be raced on credit.

Never race a daily driver.

Always be prepared to build better than it was when it blew.

Always count on it costing twice what you think it will cost.

Always count on it taking twice as long as you think it will take.

Everyone either quits racing or goes broke...one or the other...

Always have a sponsor...whether you race or not...

Anyone else what to add to the list?

Always listen to Prof...only if you want to avoid surprises...but I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express...and I sincerely hope I never have to!

By the way my points to live by were developed in the world of experiential learning...not the world of academia.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back