Leaking oil lines

Yes sir. All three line and they look real nice. I'm at work right now. But i'll get a pic up as soon as i can for you.

I also upgraded my oil lines using Tony's kit. Easy to install, looks great and safe. I put black split tubing over them to maintain my completely black theme (worlds blackest Dodge Ram haha). Also, very important note for those waiting or holding off getting them, DON'T. I remember someone posting a photo of a burnt to the ground SRT/10 Ram and the cause of the fire was hot and split oil lines (if I remember correctly) so if you're saving, hurry it up because saving for new lines won't be ANYWHERE as bad as saving for a whole new truck!! ;)

I also installed Tony's oil lines, they are great.
The install is so easy. I did it while doing an oil change. I removed the right wheel well liner, that gives you good access and it needs cleaning anyway. Watch out for the electric wires (i think it's the wiring from the ABS sensor). They are attached to the liner with a plastic clip which is a fiddle to remove (engine bay side close to the bottom). I let the liner rest on the wheel that gives some needed extra space to remove the clip.
I didn't even remove the wheel. (if lowered you might need to jack the truck up a little) After draining the oil i just cut the old tubes with a cutter as close to the fittings as possible. That way you can use a ratchet and socket to remove the old fittings = a lot easier esp at the engine side (you'll need an elongation).
Once that is done it becomes even easier. The new fittings have two parts. the first you can tighten with ratchet and socket. The second part is far enough elongated from the engine to use a flat wrench. On the cooler side there is more room to work. Just don't mix the lines up.
The dirty part was to clean the old oil from the wheel well liner.
Success with the mod.

I also installed Tony's oil lines, they are great.
The install is so easy. I did it while doing an oil change. I removed the right wheel well liner, that gives you good access and it needs cleaning anyway. Watch out for the electric wires (i think it's the wiring from the ABS sensor). They are attached to the liner with a plastic clip which is a fiddle to remove (engine bay side close to the bottom). I let the liner rest on the wheel that gives some needed extra space to remove the clip.
I didn't even remove the wheel. (if lowered you might need to jack the truck up a little) After draining the oil i just cut the old tubes with a cutter as close to the fittings as possible. That way you can use a ratchet and socket to remove the old fittings = a lot easier esp at the engine side (you'll need an elongation).
Once that is done it becomes even easier. The new fittings have two parts. the first you can tighten with ratchet and socket. The second part is far enough elongated from the engine to use a flat wrench. On the cooler side there is more room to work. Just don't mix the lines up.
The dirty part was to clean the old oil from the wheel well liner.
Success with the mod.

Thanks for the info. I ordered his oil and power steering line last night. Always worried about a little leak turning into a big problem.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back