Long distance driving?

WearyMicrobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question, how far do you think you could actually drive in 8 hours in a RC on the freeway. Found a truck in the Midwest, figured that I have three weeks of vacation saved up and that I would fly out if it is accepted. Its 1700 miles or so.

Anything that I need to address on the truck in particular for long distance driving.

drove from dallas tx to los angeles ca in mine in a single trip.

Just bring an extra quart or 2 of mobil one oil

some cd.s for music

an navi if it dont have one

blanket and few small pillows

and sunglasses

WearyMicrobe said:
Quick question, how far do you think you could actually drive in 8 hours in a RC on the freeway. Found a truck in the Midwest, figured that I have three weeks of vacation saved up and that I would fly out if it is accepted. Its 1700 miles or so.

Anything that I need to address on the truck in particular for long distance driving.

If you average 80 mph you can go 640 miles...... Simple math.

D

8 hours will fly by. You'll go past your destination because you'll be enjoying it that much!

1700 miles should take you about 24 hours straight driving.

I would do it in about 21, and you probably will too because you will be having a difficult time keeping the speedo in the double digits!!:eek: :burnout:

BUY IT!! You won't regret it! Very few do...

I drove from Seattle to Bakersfield in a straight shot. Spent a day and then did the same thing returning.

I have done 950 miles in one day. That took about 16 hours. Road trips are fun in these things:burnout:

wyoramsrt-10 said:
I have done 950 miles in one day. That took about 16 hours. Road trips are fun in these things:burnout:

Good to know, I once drove a Prowler from Michigan to San Diego and I vowed never again. But since I did that a while back my mind has only partial memory of the pain, and the truck seems much more comfortable.

Hopefully I will hear back from the owner on Sunday with his decision.

im driving my viper car to fla this wednesday ill let you know how that is, doin it in srt10 from ct-fla was fun really i got about 19-21mpg doin about 85-90 65 in some spots.its like drivin any other car plus my truck rides like a caddy

FerrariTruck said:
drove from dallas tx to los angeles ca in mine in a single trip.

Just bring an extra quart or 2 of mobil one oil

some cd.s for music

an navi if it dont have one

blanket and few small pillows

and sunglasses
x2 thats also a good one

WearyMicrobe said:
Good to know, I once drove a Prowler from Michigan to San Diego and I vowed never again. But since I did that a while back my mind has only partial memory of the pain, and the truck seems much more comfortable.

Hopefully I will hear back from the owner on Sunday with his decision.

The SRT-10 seats will wrap you in comfort and luxury... the time will FLY by..
:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Dallas,Texas to just east of St Paul, Minn., 1150 miles in 13.5 hours. loved every inch of it & back.

great cruisers.

:rock: :burnout: :congrats: :rock: :burnout: :congrats: :burnout:

FYI>>>
monday flew into chicago landed at noon, drove my viper home to PHX was at my house by 8pm. less than 48hrs to fly, get car, drive it home
1900 miles of driving

I bought my truck in Springfield Missouri. Drove to Tucson in 14hrs (1300 miles). I was sopping just about everywhere and taking pictures. The ride was very comfortable and very fun. Enjoy the truck but most importantly be safe!

WearyMicrobe said:

I once drove from Wales UK to Athens greece, it wasnt in a 10 and I was done when I got there, I think it was 50 hrs I was delerious at the time so it could have took a week :D

Drink lots of Red Bull and take a friend.

thewelshm

These things are great hwy. cruisin' vehicles. Have made severa 5-600 mi. trips w/only a couple quick stops for gas/bathroom. No comfort problems.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back