Long distance driving?

I drove mine from Kokomo, IN to my residence, about 775 miles. It took about 11-1/2 hours. Bring money for gas ;)

FerrariTruck said:
drove from dallas tx to los angeles ca in mine in a single trip.

Just bring an extra quart or 2 of mobil one oil

some cd.s for music

an navi if it dont have one

blanket and few small pillows

and sunglasses

Extra oil???? Not in my truck and I run the piss out of it.

Flew out of Chicago at 7:30AM on a Saturday, landed in Las Vegas about 9:40AM (their time). Took a 20 minute taxi ride over to previous owner’s house in Henderson, NV. Checked out the truck and took it for a ride. Agreed to buy it and made the deal. Gassed it up in Henderson, NV and headed to Hoover Dam. My route was over Hoover Dam into AZ, then NM, TX, OK, MO, IL and finally back into NW IN. I had to go that longer route to avoid bad weather. The trip was just about 2000 miles give or take. I made it back home in 26 hours (driving straight through). I did bring someone with because I had to be back at work that Monday and just to be safe too. I gassed up once per state and like some people said bring a V1 with you. You will be hitting triple digits without realizing it all of the time. The engine ran for 26 hours straight, only getting turned off for about 5 minutes here and there while filling it back up. No problems at all……

FastRam said:
I drove mine from Kokomo, IN to my residence, about 775 miles. It took about 11-1/2 hours. Bring money for gas ;)
Hey, that's where my truck came from! You bought yours there too?

One of the craziest weekends of my life...

Short version: Drove 22 hrs straight after clubbing ALL night. You can do it, all you need is music and red bull.

I drove from my home to North Jersey(1,200 miles) in 15 hrs.With the bed
Loaded to the the top!!Averaged aprox. 17 mpg with no comfort concerns.
My wife,on the other hand,wasn't too happy:D She said(NEVER AGAIN).:dontknow:

MYTRAM said:
Hey, that's where my truck came from! You bought yours there too?

Yep, Button Dodge, across the street from the Chrysler Tranny factory. Bought it last January, brand new with 162 miles on it.

Can't remember any more whether it was Miami to Atlanta or Dallas to Atlanta but I averaged like 87mph in my 92 F-150.

I made it from NYC to Nashville Tn few years back en route to Boomers GTG.
It was 900 miles took around 15 hrs. But that was with a QC which is a little more luxurious than a RC:D
BTW when I got there the paramedics had to extricate me from the vehicle since my hands were fused to the steering wheel and butt was stuck to the seat.
However several pints of Intravenus Jack Daniels solved the problem

Last edited:
FastRam said:
Yep, Button Dodge, across the street from the Chrysler Tranny factory. Bought it last January, brand new with 162 miles on it.
Wow! No idea what it's across the street from, but I'm about the same distance away the opposite direction as you and that's exactly where I got mine brand new May '06 w/24mi. on it, now at 10k and comin' out of hibernation anytime now. WooHoo! :burnout:

Well made two offers today see if they get accepted. Crossing fingers, seems that sellers are starting to understand the current pricing and a few are willing to let their trucks go.

Really want a black one but only one of the two is black and its the longest shot.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back