Lookin into a Jeep SRT for the wife

dead end cruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the girly and I found a Jeep GC SRT... and I would love any input I can get, opinions on them from any owners on here and so on.... The Jeep is a black 07 SRT8 Loaded with 35k on it and the dealer is asking 32k...... good price or should I try to swing it a bit lower? Looks like it is in good shape but I haven't had the chance to drive it yet. Any other ideas on a possible better deal? Thanks brothers

Just picked up an 09 for the wife (and me), should be here tomorrow. You can definitely find a better deal than that, I looked really hard at a perfect loaded 07 with 26K miles for under 30K. If you get really serious about one let me know, and Ill try to get you taken care of.
Justin

JMB Justin said:
Just picked up an 09 for the wife (and me), should be here tomorrow. You can definitely find a better deal than that, I looked really hard at a perfect loaded 07 with 26K miles for under 30K. If you get really serious about one let me know, and Ill try to get you taken care of.
Justin

Man I knew I could always count on you, and by the way once I get my house in order, I will be trading alot of my monies for some of your fine parts:rock:

silverback has one...i'm sure he will chime in, (lets just say he wasn't happy with it, although i can't imagine it riding any rougher than a cobra):D

SANCHOBA said:
silverback has one...i'm sure he will chime in, (lets just say he wasn't happy with it, although i can't imagine it riding any rougher than a cobra):D

And here I am.

Just lots of electrical gremlins that the dealer cannot find.

Replaced the run flat tires with some Toyos, and that greatly improved the ride and the tire noise.

After owning two Infiniti's, the quality comparision and level of detail is a joke.

The only good thing I can say about it, is it's fast. Not a Cobra, but still fast.

I would never buy another one.

Silverback said:
And here I am.

Replaced the run flat tires with some Toyos, and that greatly improved the ride and the tire noise.

After owning two Infiniti's, the quality comparision and level of detail is a joke.

The only good thing I can say about it, is it's fast. Not a Cobra, but still fast.

Good input, what infiniti's are you talking about? FX45?

Silverback said:
And here I am.

Really you have had that many issues with the jeep, Yeah runflats are kinda a pain on the ride, But inless you have a spare your kinda screwed.

Hatedonmostly said:
Really you have had that many issues with the jeep, Yeah runflats are kinda a pain on the ride, But inless you have a spare your kinda screwed.

Hell, the last new car I bought came with a can of fix-a-flat in the trunk.

dead end cruiser said:
So the girly and I found a Jeep GC SRT... and I would love any input I can get, opinions on them from any owners on here and so on.... The Jeep is a black 07 SRT8 Loaded with 35k on it and the dealer is asking 32k...... good price or should I try to swing it a bit lower? Looks like it is in good shape but I haven't had the chance to drive it yet. Any other ideas on a possible better deal? Thanks brothers

$32k Is way too high for an 07. Now remember the 08 models have a completely new interior with the touch screen nav and all. I just sold an 07 model with 31k miles for $28995. It was a clean Jeep with no stories or issues. It had the nav, but no rear seat DVD. I can get you one if you want me to. As I have posted before I have access to Chrysler Financials entire US inventory. Let me know if I can help. Robert (817)992-8068.

alexspop said:
Hell, the last new car I bought came with a can of fix-a-flat in the trunk.

The SRT8 Charger I had came with a can of fi-a-flat and no spare......I would love to have the Jeep...almost bought one before the truck....may just buy a Jeep instead of a Challenger next year.............and $32 is too much for an 07 with 35K miles.....look around..

I just bought a new one for my wife a few months ago. Its nice but theres not enough room inside and the mileage sucks ass. We knew this before we bought it though so we were prepared. I have a 2 year old and its super hard to keep it clean. We have to take his shoes off when he is sitting in the car seat to keep him from destroying the back of the seat. We bought the red rock color which is nice because I have only seen one other one around this area. There are hundreds of black and silver ones here. Check out http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/index.php for all you ever need to know about them.

robwclark said:
$32k Is way too high for an 07. Now remember the 08 models have a completely new interior with the touch screen nav and all. I just sold an 07 model with 31k miles for $28995. It was a clean Jeep with no stories or issues. It had the nav, but no rear seat DVD. I can get you one if you want me to. As I have posted before I have access to Chrysler Financials entire US inventory. Let me know if I can help. Robert (817)992-8068.

Thanks Rob, that's some good input.... I was hoping you would chime in as well.... I knew you had some insight to Chrysler financials Nation wide. I will keep you posted.... mean while I am going to go take this one for a drive to make sure it is what we want to get into.

My wife has a '07 with 50K-no problems-you need snow tires all around and it is still not very good in snow-nothing like a GC limited in snow-the TB needs to be cleaned or the truck will blow a little blue smoke on start up-bad on gas-we have replaced rotors and brakes all around and new rubber-my wife loves her jeep-as long as she is happy I am OK.

Price? I have ne idea. Are you on Martha's Vineyard?

dead end cruiser said:
Thanks Rob, that's some good input.... I was hoping you would chime in as well.... I knew you had some insight to Chrysler financials Nation wide. I will keep you posted.... mean while I am going to go take this one for a drive to make sure it is what we want to get into.

My old man has a black 08 GC and he likes it. The only complaint I have heard from him is a weird quirk with the AWD. When its wet out it sometimes has fits and basically shuts off and diverts the power to the rear. Does not do it all the time and the dealer can not find a reason why it is happening. The only other thing was a bad finish on his wheels which were replaced. Overall he likes it. He traded on 06 300C SRT for it.

Its fast off the line. We took my QC and his jeep to the track and he beat me everytime out of like 6 runs except for 2. The RAM starts to track it down after about half way down the track believe it or not. Those 505 cu start coming into play. If I caught him sleeping at the line, I won bc he couldn't catch me. That's the only way I would win.

SinorSwim said:
My wife has a '07 with 50K-no problems-you need snow tires all around and it is still not very good in snow-nothing like a GC limited in snow-the TB needs to be cleaned or the truck will blow a little blue smoke on start up-bad on gas-we have replaced rotors and brakes all around and new rubber-my wife loves her jeep-as long as she is happy I am OK.

Close, I am on Nantucket... the other island

I've driven several at SRT and Viper events where you really drive them hard and also a couple test drives. Impressive vehicle. Pro: cost, power, handling, looks. Con: poor fuel economy, not an off roader, not the most comfortable suv, looks.

Get an 08 or newer, on the test drive make sure you get it up to 70-75 mph & check for the dreaded vibration. Also check the inner walls of the front OEM Goodyear Run Flats they tend to come apart

SinorSwim said:

What brand and what sizes did you go with. Im having a hard time finding the original sizes up here in a snow tire. I got laughed at my the warehouse we purchase from when I told him the sizes.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back