Looking for 06 Oil Changing Tips

Stone MD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking for any tips, tools or modifications that can be used to help with not getting oil all over the front swaybar, cross member and skirt. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Your oil lines are shot, happens to everyone, try the vendors on this site.

edit* read that wrong my bad, but still..why the heck you gettin oil everywhere on a simple oil change??

The filter, for one is right above the swaybar and the hole in the skirt is just big enough for the filter.

The filter, for one is right above the swaybar and the hole in the skirt is just big enough for the filter.

somebody said something about cutting a large gatorade bottle in half for the filter change? Ill see if I can find the thread

I was thinking about a long funnel and punching a hole in the filter to let it drain.

Grab a sheet of aluminum foil and fold it over the sway bar. Problem solved.
Even a paper towel works, just wipe the excess that soaked through away after you're done.

I do the screw driver or a big punch in the oil
Filter to drain mine Morrie, use a big longer funnel to catch into a drain pan, takes a little longer, but less of a mess to clean up after.

You can also you a Walmart bag.
Just hold it up around the filter with one hand and use your other hand (outside the bag) to unscrew the filter. When it comes off it drops into the bag along with the oil that came out of it.

Even without all the tricks, you still shouldnt get oil everywhere like that. When I take my filter off I take my time and unscrew it slowly, and when the excess oil comes out it drops straight into the pan I have underneath. Then the oil in the filter just runs down my arm.

Hmm, looks like a bend in the Rio Grande down at Terlinque. Been there but over here in East Texas (Lake Fork) a fishing dock is the highest point. Nah, I ain't gonna walk off a long pier. Jiffy Lube is the way to go when you are so old and broke down (plastic knee) you can't get back up after being under the truck.

I guess, but try to find a local trusted mechanic. Around here, Jiffy Lube grease monkeys are criminals and you cant ever be truly sure what they are putting in your ride.

Joking about the Jiffy Lube as I have a local guy that owns a Dodge V10 in the cast iron version that has raced fuel cars for years. More than trusted. Just ain't gonna do it myself.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back