Looking for RB1 or RB4

i have one think its rb4 has nav. throw a number out there .

If you go with an RB4, I have a users manual for it -- freebie. Sorry no radio though.

After more research I need to have my ipod adapter work and it looks like the RB4 does not support it, so it looks like I am really only looking for an RB1. Thanks any way.

rb1 does not either ,,,both radios need the uconnect set up for ipod

Huh everything I read from other people said it worked with RB1 and Dodge themselves even said it worked with the RB1. Are you sure that it wont work with the RB1?

tempest89 said:
Huh everything I read from other people said it worked with RB1 and Dodge themselves even said it worked with the RB1. Are you sure that it wont work with the RB1?

i have an rb1 now and the plugs on back are the same as the rb4 i took out ,,there is no plug to hook up any thing but stock radio ,,,i have a uconnect but have not installed it yet,,

the ten pin connector appeared to be on the back of the Rb1 for the cd changer in the picture I saw and that is all you need to hook up the mopar adapter kit. The RB4 also has it but the port doesn't officially support the adapter. It turns out though that the rb4 plays the ipod it just doesn't display any of the info or allow the steering wheel controls to work.

I have an RB4 in excellent condition laying around. I went with a SWI-X to get my steering wheel controls to work with my ///ALPINE head unit. I am sure SWI-X would work for you if you can't get the steering wheel controls to work properly.

No Uconnect needed, but there is an Ipod Integration module that plugs into the 10pin on the back of the RB1 that does a couple things:
1. splits 10 pin to switch between Sat (Sirius) and Ipod.
2. contains electronics for Ipod control.

I have replaced my stock changer and Sirius setup with an RB1 (from ebay), retained the Sirius, and added Ipod integration. Everything works great - steering wheel controls, etc.

For the RB1, I had good luck on Ebay from a guy that pulls them out of junkers or folks that went aftermarket.

For the ipod integration, I would strongly suggest going to Dragon or another Dodge dealer of your choice. There are software revisions to this and you'll want the latest. Older ones (had tried one from ebay) don't get along with newer Ipods and have buggy operations. The latest works flawlessly with a new 8gb Nano.

Ironhead said:
rb1 does not either ,,,both radios need the uconnect set up for ipod

In post #18, 1st pic looks like the ipod integration module. Let me see if I can find a link to some directions for you.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back