lost for words pissed

Mantatsafasttruck

Reaction score
Went to get an alarm installed on the truck now the tach and the speedo read zero on the highway and city streets anyone know what might have gone wrong

I would be taking the truck back to the place that installed it. IF they can't fix it, it needs to go to the dealer and get fixed... and the alarm installer paying for it.
Please say you didn't go to Best Buy.
We had another member go through the same thing. His truck was at the dealer for weeks if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
No not best buy but I was so pissed my wife made me stay in the truck while she handled the assholes, he came out to the truck I blew up were going back up Monday an there going to fix it or pay for dodge to fix it I tell u what

They were working on my truck for six hours when i went to pick it up all my gas was gone the mechanic just looks at me and says you need more gas there was almost a half a tank in there before we left it

Yeah. I hear you brother. I was really pissed too. They messed up a lot of shit. I will never go to bestbuy again for anything. Hope u can get it fix guy

Me too hey I'm wanting get my truck faster with some mods anything I can get short of a superchager or turbo trying to get about 550 or 600 to the wheels any advice

The second day my truck was in the dealer after they fucked it up my headers came in. I looked at them every day for 6 weeks until it was done. That shit just pissed me off more.

Me too hey I'm wanting get my truck faster with some mods anything I can get short of a superchager or turbo trying to get about 550 or 600 to the wheels any advice

Get with Tony, he's got a very nice head, cam and intake package, that'll get you to those numbers.

Anyine know why the speedometer or tachometer might not work while truck is running or while driving

My guess would be that he sent power where it didn't belong, or ground where it didn't belong. The newer vehicles run on a data bus communication. Is not like the old cars that have a wire to the distributor for tach, and a cable to the tranny for speed.
It could be anything from a bad ground, to a blown up Power control module.

Ravelco.com works for me:rock::rock::rock:

Anyine know why the speedometer or tachometer might not work while truck is running or while driving

You need to search thr forum and look for the Service Manual. I have posted it in the past. I have no idea what year truck you have so I am going to give you the page number from the 2005 Manual. Goto page 1505, section 8j Instrument Cluster.

The service manual gives you all the wiring schematics to start looking where they F'd up your wiring. You need the A-hole who installed it to answer questions about what he F'd with so you can undo the cluster they have created. It may be something simple like taping of the power used by the instrument cluster and putting too much load on it and taking power away from the gauges.

Just search for the manual. It will help you. You are going to need the wiring schematics to properly figure this out. Not guess and splice your way through it. That is how it got F'd up in the first place.

Ravelco.com works for me:rock::rock::rock:

I've taken a bunch of those out of cars. You would be surprised how easy it would be to bypass those. Also seen those caps melted because to much voltage running between pins.

You need to search thr forum and look for the Service Manual. I have posted it in the past. I have no idea what year truck you have so I am going to give you the page number from the 2005 Manual. Goto page 1505, section 8j Instrument Cluster.

The service manual gives you all the wiring schematics to start looking where they F'd up your wiring. You need the A-hole who installed it to answer questions about what he F'd with so you can undo the cluster they have created. It may be something simple like taping of the power used by the instrument cluster and putting too much load on it and taking power away from the gauges.

Just search for the manual. It will help you. You are going to need the wiring schematics to properly figure this out. Not guess and splice your way through it. That is how it got F'd up in the first place.

http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/2005sbbgl/docs/wd/dr/wiringdiagrams/8w13integratedpowermodule.pdf

I've taken a bunch of those out of cars. You would be surprised how easy it would be to bypass those. Also seen those caps melted because to much voltage running between pins.

melted caps????:dontknow:

don't see the too much voltage part, amps yep.:rock:

sounds like piss poor install. its rated 10 amp MAX:toilet:

they are set up for the quicky guys that try to steal your ride

melted caps????:dontknow:

don't see the too much voltage part, amps yep.:rock:

sounds like piss poor install. its rated 10 amp MAX:toilet:

they are set up for the quicky guys that try to steal your ride

said voltage because most people don't know what an amp is :p
And yes, very poor installs on the ones I have removed.

Last edited:
said voltage because most people don't know what an amp is :p
And yes, very poor installs on the ones I have removed.

guess watts & ohms are out of the question also, lol.:aetsch::D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back