man those charger srt-8's are fast!

hemibates

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well last night after things calmed down here aroung 730ish I decided to fill my curiosity. So I told one of the salesman to get the keys to the charger srt and meet me at the end of the strip. (We have a side road that goes to the park and dead ends there with no roads entering it and its just over a mile long and 4 lanes) Yep our own little drag strip!!:rock: :D So I get in my 10 and honestly just a litlle nervous cause I don't know the outcome. So I tell him lets go from 10 mph to help with traction issues. So we hit it and I get the jump because the auto had to down shift. So i'm about one car length and I hit about 25 mph and ofcourse I start to spin. I hit 2nd and goes a little sideways (yes toward to unsold charger!!) I get it corrected and he is at my door. I hit 3rd and hes at my rear bumber. 4th and he's just passed my bumber. (and just so you know I shifted 3-4 without letting off the gas to try and get an edge). So in the end I'm impressed with the stock charger srt and kinda a little disapointed with my truck. I know I weigh 1000lbs more but man if i was stock I may would have lost and that woulda hurt:( Anyone else run a 8 with the same results?

Stinker said:
LOLOLOL Ask Eddie, Dawn used to beat him up all the freakin time:D

Yeah and to think I almost bought this car for my wife!!! That woulda sucked. I have alwways had the faster ride (and no that does not make her happy) she loves to race>:rock: Looks like she will be keepin her R/T for now!!!!

I have yet to see one here. Cant wait to play with one.

bates, i bet if you would have some good traction you would of did a lot better.

And to think the GC SRT8 is even faster becuase of the awd...I have an 08 and love it

the srt8 charger is faster no matter how ya put it if your racing stock for stock.. and the charger is has his " race mode on" so the trani wont hesitate when shifting.......

as for th GC srt8 the jeep will kill you off the line untill you go from second to 3rd thats the point you will walk by the jeep and leave him standing still... but it takes a lil while to get movin on him.... a rolling start will fix that as well.. but from a dead stop you better have some track ahead of ya

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
the srt8 charger is faster no matter how ya put it if your racing stock for stock.. and the charger is has his " race mode on" so the trani wont hesitate when shifting.......

as for th GC srt8 the jeep will kill you off the line untill you go from secareond to 3rd thats the point you will walk by the jeep and leave him standing still... but it takes a lil while to get movin on him.... a rolling start will fix that as well.. but from a dead stop you better have some track ahead of ya

Jeep SRTs are the quickest SRT-8s, but not the fastest. Stock for stock, a Jeep SRT will walk a Magnum/Charger/300 SRT in the 1/4, with everything else being equal, every time. There's plenty of Jeep SRTs that have run low 13s with nothing but the window sticker on. The AWD and gearing are what makes the Jeep lethal from a dig, but the extra 400+ pounds over the Magnum/Charger/300 SRT and its brick-like aerodynamics start to kick its azz shortly thereafter. My '07 would run with my S55 AMG until 70-80-ish and then it was like the Jeep came to a dead stop.

Not so sure what "race mode" is, I'm very familiar with the SRT-8s and never heard of it, sounds like something a dealer would say. If that means the ESP was turned off that's nothing a SRT-10 would have to worry about, our traction control is located directly underneath the right foot...

FYI, anyone who has gone to the SRT Track Experience will tell you what the instructors overwhelming favorite is if you ask 'em...the Jeep! :D

Hell, even an R/T with a few bolt-ons made a reasonable showing against my TT Vette from a 55 roll.:rock:

nycstev said:
What do mean by this?

Quickest meaning 0-60 and 1/4 mile, fastest meaning top speed. A Jeep will top out around 150 MPH or so and the M/C/300 SRT-8s quite a bit higher, in the 170+ range.

Stoplight to stoplight, stock for stock, the Jeep SRT will roll with almost anything that you'll come across (up to 60-80 or so). You name it, I probably crushed it from a dig...from a roll...that's ricer talk! :D

Ronin said:
Not so sure what "race mode" is, I'm very familiar with the SRT-8s and never heard of it, sounds like something a dealer would say. If that means the ESP was turned off that's nothing a SRT-10 would have to worry about, our traction control is located directly underneath the right foot...

My buddie has the charger stage 3 , and if you turn off the ESP you get the traction controll turned off big deal.. but it still wont shitf " manualy " instantly.. you slap the stick and it hesitates before shifting.... you then put the car in park hold the break and hold ESP for 30 seconds and the car beeps 3 times and now that is all electronic assist shut off .. or race mode what ever you want to call it........ now the car acts like a hotrod.. when you slap shift it at any rpm it shifts instantly there is no hesitation .. there is no traction control. no roll control l. no nothing... and well not srue the proper term is race mode.. but its just disabling all electronic protections...... and no thats not the one click of the ESP button ... thats put in park hold breaks and hold esp button for 30 sec....

and as for the 1/4 mile if you can drive your truck RC .. like its suposto be.. bone stock you can run 12.9 ask trainman hes done it.. and ive run 13.3 at 108 bone stock and thats with a shitty shift to 3rd ...

and ive raced all the srt products .. my friends have them.. the gssrt8 is the quickest off the line but not the quickest 1/4 mile by far... the charger will spank it .. and the truck rc will spank it as well.. but ya have to run the gc down 2nd to 3rd and your past the gc....

RagunCajun said:
I have yet to see one here. Cant wait to play with one.

bates, i bet if you would have some good traction you would of did a lot better.

Maybe. I was all over the shifts perfectly and man that thing was right there. :dontknow:

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
My buddie has the charger stage 3 , and if you turn off the ESP you get the traction controll turned off big deal.. but it still wont shitf " manualy " instantly.. you slap the stick and it hesitates before shifting.... you then put the car in park hold the break and hold ESP for 30 seconds and the car beeps 3 times and now that is all electronic assist shut off .. or race mode what ever you want to call it........ now the car acts like a hotrod.. when you slap shift it at any rpm it shifts instantly there is no hesitation .. there is no traction control. no roll control l. no nothing... and well not srue the proper term is race mode.. but its just disabling all electronic protections...... and no thats not the one click of the ESP button ... thats put in park hold breaks and hold esp button for 30 sec....

and as for the 1/4 mile if you can drive your truck RC .. like its suposto be.. bone stock you can run 12.9 ask trainman hes done it.. and ive run 13.3 at 108 bone stock and thats with a shitty shift to 3rd ...

and ive raced all the srt products .. my friends have them.. the gssrt8 is the quickest off the line but not the quickest 1/4 mile by far... the charger will spank it .. and the truck rc will spank it as well.. but ya have to run the gc down 2nd to 3rd and your past the gc....

Ugghhh...I'm not trying to argue here, but like I said, stock for stock, the Jeep SRT will walk a Magnum/Charger/300 SRT 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Period. There's tons of posts on the LX Forum and Jeep SRT8 that validate exactly that. There's quite a few guys that own both, concurrently, and they'll tell you the exact same thing.

I didn't say anything about a Jeep SRT-8 versus an SRT-10. There's a gentlemen on board here who said he raced his dad, and the Jeep jumped to 3 (I think) lengths on it from a dig, with the SRT-10 starting to reel it in...

Now that you've explained "race mode" care to tell me what a "Stage 3" is...never head of that either. The press and hold ESP button trick for the SRT-8s has been common knowledge on those forums for a looong time, 'bout everybody nows that pressing it once doesn't really let you do anything more than with it fully on other than spin the tires to impress all your friends with...

I don't have an RC, I have a QC, just got it, hardly modded it and definitely haven't raced it. As a matter of fact, I've never drag raced, with the exception of the SRT Track Experience. I cut an .001 R/T and beat everyone who raced me, with the exception of the instructor at the very end, and got a Richard Petty Track gift certificate for my troubles. And we were hot lapping in two lanes, so I raced an SRT-6 against a Jeep SRT, a Jeep SRT against a Charger SRT, etc., etc., etc.,...so I guess driver skill does have something to do with it...it sure did in my case... :D

The numbers don't lie, from Dodge/SRT, the mags, ad naseum, the Jeep's faster.

That is all.

Jeep is faster to about the 1/8th then the other 3 SRt8s will take it..stock to stock...your truck with your mods should have taken the Charger fairly easily..they are very close in stock form...I know from owning an SRT8 Charger from stock to highly modded..

I raced against an srt8 jeep at the track. Those things get off the line like no other. On the street, they will beat almost anything unless it's got some MAJOR work. It doesnt take much to get them into the 12's. And if u have a 12 sec AWD vehicle on the street.....that is awesome.

Here's the time slip. It was my worst run of the night but it was bad ass to race it. I was very happy i did.

http://www.2sly4.us/rc/codys_stuff/Lightning/worst time.jpg jeep in left lane

He had a 150 shot, tune and i think that's about it. heard it from someone who knows him. I didnt get a chance to chat with him. I think he made a couple runs then left.

TNVIPER said:
Jeep is faster to about the 1/8th then the other 3 SRt8s will take it..stock to stock...your truck with your mods should have taken the Charger fairly easily..they are very close in stock form...I know from owning an SRT8 Charger from stock to highly modded..

Didja evah run your Charger SRT, when it was stock, straight up, no bullshit against a Jeep SRT, likewise stock in the 1/4? That's OK, I didn't either when I had my Jeep SRT, but the rags put the C/M/300 SRT-8s in the high 13 second range, more or less, with the Jeep in the low 13 second range. I'm not gonna do y'all's research for ya, I'm not pulling this stuff outta my azz. No brag, just fact.

Ronin said:
No brag, just fact.

Well im sure everyones facts are differnet depenending on there altitude and driver abilith.... just becasue you read some where on the internet that a car is faster than another dosnt make it ture .. research or not..
but good luck in your fantasys..

and as stated above yes the 1/8 mile the gc will kick ass... 1/4 is a different story

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
Well im sure everyones facts are differnet depenending on there altitude and driver abilith.... just becasue you read some where on the internet that a car is faster than another dosnt make it ture .. research or not..
but good luck in your fantasys..

and as stated above yes the 1/8 mile the gc will kick ass... 1/4 is a different story

Ugghhh...

Where's that smilie now? Oh, there it is...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I'm not sure what a "fantasys" is, is that some kind of soda based programmer? :D

Keep drinking that Kool-Aid...no really...you're right and I'm wrong. I'm SO glad you so aptly proved your point.

I'm outta this thread...jeesh...

I made 2 passes against a new stock Charger SRT8 in February at Ben Bruce Memorial Raceway in Evadale, Tx.. He was running high 13.2s.

oldguy

I remember reading allot of comparisons with the SRT cars and they always did mid-low 13's, high 13's is really slow for them. Just did a quick search and found this one, I must say I'm impressed, a damn Magnum doing a 13.1@108:rock: Wish I woulda known about holding down the esp for 30seconds thing before I got rid of my Magnum. Hemibates, that's a great kill!

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/wagon/112_0509_performance_wagons/specs.html

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back