man those charger srt-8's are fast!

Ronin said:
Didja evah run your Charger SRT, when it was stock, straight up, no bullshit against a Jeep SRT, likewise stock in the 1/4? That's OK, I didn't either when I had my Jeep SRT, but the rags put the C/M/300 SRT-8s in the high 13 second range, more or less, with the Jeep in the low 13 second range. I'm not gonna do y'all's research for ya, I'm not pulling this stuff outta my azz. No brag, just fact.

Nope...never did...but have driven many SRT Jeeps....wait, I did race the Jeep against a Charger...at the SRT Track Experience....Jeep beat the Charger in the 1/16 race..but the Charger was very close and started gaining...I drove both against the other...also posted the 2nd best times of my group....

couple of quick srt 8's at the local track. i beleive one in tnviper former car. currently trying to talk wife into srt 8 jeep

hemibates said:
Well last night after things calmed down here aroung 730ish I decided to fill my curiosity. So I told one of the salesman to get the keys to the charger srt and meet me at the end of the strip. (We have a side road that goes to the park and dead ends there with no roads entering it and its just over a mile long and 4 lanes) Yep our own little drag strip!!:rock: :D So I get in my 10 and honestly just a litlle nervous cause I don't know the outcome. So I tell him lets go from 10 mph to help with traction issues. So we hit it and I get the jump because the auto had to down shift. So i'm about one car length and I hit about 25 mph and ofcourse I start to spin. I hit 2nd and goes a little sideways (yes toward to unsold charger!!) I get it corrected and he is at my door. I hit 3rd and hes at my rear bumber. 4th and he's just passed my bumber. (and just so you know I shifted 3-4 without letting off the gas to try and get an edge). So in the end I'm impressed with the stock charger srt and kinda a little disapointed with my truck. I know I weigh 1000lbs more but man if i was stock I may would have lost and that woulda hurt:( Anyone else run a 8 with the same results?
Yup, me and the wife before I modded the poop out of my Charger.

Stock for Stock it is a Drivers race. We both split 4 races. Yup she edged my twice. lol She doesn't miss third gear! Argh!

I raced a SRT-8 Charger last weekend at the track,I lead the way right to the end,I beat him by 2 1/2-3 lengths.Got back in line and he wouldn't line up beside me again! LOL! poopy pants I guess!!LMAO!

Ronin said:
but the rags put the C/M/300 SRT-8s in the high 13 second range, more or less, with the Jeep in the low 13 second range.

ummm Ronin, where did you come up with ^^^^^ those numbers man?

When my Charger was bone stock, I was running 13.9's all day long. Oh yea, my DA was around 8000+ feet ABOVE sealevel. lol

Stock LX's have dipped into the 12.5's - 12.9's. Just dependant on the air and the track that they are running on. And I thought you were ONLY a facts guy?

At least you got the right times for the Jeep. The Jeep is a monster out of the hole through the 1/8 mile. Once past the 1/8 mile the weight and lack of Aerodynamics kills it.

1bad4dr said:
ummm Ronin, where did you come up with ^^^^^ those numbers man?

When my Charger was bone stock, I was running 13.9's all day long. Oh yea, my DA was around 8000+ feet ABOVE sealevel. lol

Stock LX's have dipped into the 12.5's - 12.9's. Just dependant on the air and the track that they are running on. And I thought you were ONLY a facts guy?

At least you got the right times for the Jeep. The Jeep is a monster out of the hole through the 1/8 mile. Once past the 1/8 mile the weight and lack of Aerodynamics kills it.

Uhhh...in my other post I put up a vid and times from Drag Times. One rag (Car & Driver or similar ilk) recently posted a low 14 second 1/4 (14.1 or 14.2) for the Charger SRT. That's way slow IMO.

Some people here are like the Fonz...they just can't admit when they're wr-wr-wr-wrong. I haven't seen anyone come up with any FACTS (nothing like confusing the issue I guess :rolleyes: ) that "...a Charger SRT will easily walk a Jeep in the 1/4 mile, every time...". If someone can't draw the conclusion from the facts that I've posted that that comment is bullshit, well then, normally I'd say we can agree to disagree, but it just seems here that just throwing out whatever trash you feel like is fine, as long as your join date/post count is "better" than the person you're picking a fight with.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Christ, this bullshit is worse than the ChargerForums...kinda reminds me of ricer/Mustang forum chickenshit...

hemibates said:
Yeah and to think I almost bought this car for my wife!!! That woulda sucked. I have alwways had the faster ride (and no that does not make her happy) she loves to race>:rock: Looks like she will be keepin her R/T for now!!!!

i made that misstake,haven't run them side by side.the stage 3 i think is the BG stage 3 flash.ESP can be disabled in drive at slow speeds

Ronin said:
Uhhh...in my other post I put up a vid and times from Drag Times. One rag (Car & Driver or similar ilk) recently posted a low 14 second 1/4 (14.1 or 14.2) for the Charger SRT. That's way slow IMO.

Some people here are like the Fonz...they just can't admit when they're wr-wr-wr-wrong. I haven't seen anyone come up with any FACTS (nothing like confusing the issue I guess :rolleyes: ) that "...a Charger SRT will easily walk a Jeep in the 1/4 mile, every time...". If someone can't draw the conclusion from the facts that I've posted that that comment is bullshit, well then, normally I'd say we can agree to disagree, but it just seems here that just throwing out whatever trash you feel like is fine, as long as your join date/post count is "better" than the person you're picking a fight with.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Christ, this bullshit is worse than the ChargerForums...kinda reminds me of ricer/Mustang forum chickenshit...
Again, you mention (second thread) that I am using you being a newbie on this forum. I still have yet to see where I have done that. lol

Dude, get OFF your soap box, you are not impressing anyone. And yea, keep believing Car and Driver for the facts. lmao

Maybe you should reread my first post you on THIS thread.

I can careless if the Jeep is faster than a Charger stock for stock. The important thing here is that we have fun doing building our whips.

Thanks for the humor and laughs though.

1bad4dr said:
Again, you mention (second thread) that I am using you being a newbie on this forum. I still have yet to see where I have done that. lol

Dude, get OFF your soap box, you are not impressing anyone. And yea, keep believing Car and Driver for the facts. lmao

Maybe you should reread my first post you on THIS thread.

I can careless if the Jeep is faster than a Charger stock for stock. The important thing here is that we have fun doing building our whips.

Thanks for the humor and laughs though.

You're welcome!

I said the C&D numbers were a joke. I'm not here to impress anyone (thank goodness) just learn about my ride and share my own experiences and opinions...that's what boards like this are supposed to be about...right?

Peace and chickengrease. :burnout:

Here's my experience...on 2-24-08 at Famoso I ran a silver Jeep SRT-8 twice, first run I went 12.76 @110.15 to his 13.37 @102.27 and he had a 1.93 60', second run I went 12.67 @110.96 to his 13.24 @103.09 and on that run he had a 1.91 60'. I'm not sure if he had any mods but it sounded good. You will see him launch and turn a 13.31 @102+ on SRTBrads video entitled "Famoso June 20 08", the SRT-8 Jeep is the second run on the video and sounds real strong. On 6-6-08 at Famoso I ran a Charger SRT-8 that said he had an intake and stainless exhaust. I ran 12.76 @109.79 to his [email protected] with a 2.11 60' and he said that was his best pass to date.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back