Mopars At the Motorplex April 17, 2010

looks veerrry interestin:rock: :rock: :rock:

It's a fun event, with nice mix of new and old school muscle.
Last year I ran in 2 classes, ET and Sportsman time trials were a tad hectic but I got 4 in (2 in each class) went a few rounds in ET, made the finals in Sportsman. Had quite a fun and intense day of racing.

SANCHOBA said:
where abouts' is ennis?

google texas motorplex its where the NHRA event is held (O'RIELLY FALL NATIONALS) been there many times. My only problem is start modding and enter the "in progress" catagory or wait and enter the "stock" class

and it says "car show"

maybe a Viper Truck section??????????

Fahrenheit said:
They have 4 lanes there, right?
no unfortunately just 2.

The night before isn't fully confirmed yet but we are hopping to have TnT night Fri out there, Allow people to spend the night or leave there rigs here overnight. Then if the 18th isn't used at the rain date it's already scheduled as an open TnT day.

Leaving a "rig" overnite isnt possible for most of us im sure, being from out of town I wont have any other ride

ZCx said:
and it says "car show"

maybe a Viper Truck section??????????

Racers can and do tend to pit informally in groups, makes for better pictures :)

I know very little about the show side of things and this year I haven't really petticoated in any of the MATM planning meetings. but... If we can a commitment from enough Viper trucks we might get a class set up.
Not sure this year but last year you could NOT both show and race. they did have multiple truck divisions.
At this point I'd assume you can Race OR Show.

Don't have any idea how you guys would pan out but previous years ,on the hemi trucks and DFWLX guys, the vast majority raced (since they do lots of shows and not many race events.)
Anyway on the show side you can pm me or I'll try to find answers or hook you up with someone that can.

I will let you know as soon as I get confirmation if I get my transfer at work or not, then my schedule will change as well as my vacation......be a week or so.

bigredv10 said:
Leaving a "rig" overnite isnt possible for most of us im sure, being from out of town I wont have any other ride

We've had guys in their daily drivers, open trailer cars...
tents... Quite a few that would BBQ, basically camp out on concrete. sleeping bags in the bed... Lots of people with pop up awnings and such.
Then some others left their cars / trucks there overnight and carpooled up in one to spend the night in a motel.
Or club will probably have at least 3-4 with enclosed trailers more with open trailers staying the night if allowed and we're pretty good about keeping an eye on stuff. Like if you want to stash tires and such then run around on DR's. or swap em a the motel and leave em there.

Id like to check this one out and my grandparents live in Justin, Tx just down the road.

And a hell of a party it'd be seeing Justin's Grandparents own the town and had it named after him? :rock: :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back