moparty in the desert

I will be there, not sure if I will be showing. Be interested to see the Dyno that they will have there. Rick (PhxPoolGuy) said he would try to be there also. There should be at least three 10's there. I will be showing Sat., the day before, at the Pavilions in Scottsdale. Anyone going to be at the Pavilions?? Went to Barrett-Jackson today, It gets bigger every year. Tons of fun.

Rick (PhxPoolGuy) & I, along with the ball & chains were at the Moparty today. Nice show with everything Mopar. Just one other 10 out there. It was silver with blue strips with no bed cover. Is the owner on this forum. We haven't seen your 10 before & didn't see you around your truck. We spent some time at the dyno & was told that you dyno'd 399. They were talking about taking the dyno to the 67th & Bell location for the GTG's there. Would like your option on the dyno. If you would like to GTG at 67th let us know. Sorry we missed you.

Strange. Maybe the guy from Mopar Unlimited that I was talking with doesn't know a Srt10 from a regular RAM. Entirely possible. Anyway hope to hook up with you sometime. We hang around 67th Ave. & Bell on the west side & the Pavilions in Scottsdale. Hope you had a good time at the show.

Rick (PhxPoolGuy) & I, along with the ball & chains were at the Moparty today. Nice show with everything Mopar. Just one other 10 out there. It was silver with blue strips with no bed cover. Is the owner on this forum. We haven't seen your 10 before & didn't see you around your truck. We spent some time at the dyno & was told that you dyno'd 399. They were talking about taking the dyno to the 67th & Bell location for the GTG's there. Would like your option on the dyno. If you would like to GTG at 67th let us know. Sorry we missed you.

The silver 10 with blue stripes is mine. Had it on the dyno. First pull was 399HP, 460Tq. Second pull was 387HP, 489TQ. The OD would come in at the RPM the operator wanted me at to start the pull at, then it would downshift when I nailed the gas. Should have tried a lower RPM I think. Might have showed better numbers.

Strange. Maybe the guy from Mopar Unlimited that I was talking with doesn't know a Srt10 from a regular RAM. Entirely possible. Anyway hope to hook up with you sometime. We hang around 67th Ave. & Bell on the west side & the Pavilions in Scottsdale. Hope you had a good time at the show.

Doesnt surprise me. Not many people know what a 10 is in the first place. Most of our club members are in to the older stuff. Have no clue what a 3rd gen Hemi even is.

I am glad you guys enjoyed the show.

I wouldn't put too much faith in "that" dyno. While I was there they were having some problems with other vehicles. I'm sure your HP & TQ are more than they recorded. Rick & I had our 10's dyno'd at Extreme Performance in Goodyear about a year ago. We both have had some work on our trucks since then & will be taking them to a dyno shop at 32nd St & E. Bell Rd. soon to get new numbers. If your interested let us know.

My truck is not highly modded. K&N filter, Magnaflow cat back, tune by DC performance. 400 RW HP puts the crank HP right at 500. 460 TQ comes out to 575 at the crank. Thats using a conservative 20% drive train loss.

Dynos are like shoes. One pair of shoes may be a 10 1/2 and fit just right, another pair may be an 11. Foot stayed the same.

A coworker has a 13 Mustang GT. He cant pull away from a 9 year old truck. That makes me happy!

Paul, I just spoke with Rick regarding your dyno. He asked if you could post your dyno sheet. He & I will be having our 10's dyno'd at 32nd St & Bell, probably next week. If you or anyone else in the Phoenix area would like to join us let me know. My name is Jim Temple & my phone # is 623-628-6075.

Paul, I just spoke with Rick regarding your dyno. He asked if you could post your dyno sheet. He & I will be having our 10's dyno'd at 32nd St & Bell, probably next week. If you or anyone else in the Phoenix area would like to join us let me know. My name is Jim Temple & my phone # is 623-628-6075.

This is the dyno sheet. Thanks for the invite. My truck should be making a little more power than stock. The numbers dont show it. But that doesnt mean much really.

SRT10Dyno_zps00d74b60.png

This is the dyno sheet. Thanks for the invite. My truck should be making a little more power than stock. The numbers dont show it. But that doesnt mean much really.

I agree, must of been the dyno, that Viper powered coupe or T-bucket or whatever they call it only put down 348HP. Would of been nice to meet you Paul, maybe next time.

I asked Jim to dig out his old dyno sheet, next time disconnect the kickdown cable from throttle body, Paul.

Your dyno graph shows a very typical "Fall over" or "Nose over" rich condition above 5,000 rpm. The DC tune is probably safe rich or has backed off the timing up top to keep combustion chambers cool and happy. This is just what tuners do to keep from melting down pistons. The manufacturer runs em' even richer up top :eek: Your engine's torque curve looks good and that's why your hanging with your buddies 13'. :D

Now, if you could have a sniffer in the pipe on your next run, you could see where you are leaving high rpm power and torque on the table. Or, you could get an AEM Wideband and keep an eye on it yourself ;)

Regardless of how it was shifted, the high rpm curves look identical.

The dyno's correction factor is 1.03 and the smoothing is noticably at a high level. So, it gave you a slight bump due to conditions that day. Under 29.00 in. hg. does not help.

Cheers :)

If you noticed the trailer that the dyno was on was bouncing around, keeping your rear tires from making firm contact. I think there were several things that kept your numbers low. All of them being the dyno.

The ground was shaking if you were standing near the dyno. I think it must have an imbalance issue of some kind. Except, when that 57 Chev with open dumps made a whopping 195 HP. Dont think the ground was shaking right then. :driver:

Something I am go to toss around for next year might be an autocross course. If there is enough room to run it safely at the mall, and we can get a solo club to manage it. That might be fun.

The ground was shaking if you were standing near the dyno. I think it must have an imbalance issue of some kind. Except, when that 57 Chev with open dumps made a whopping 195 HP. Dont think the ground was shaking right then. :driver:

These dyno's (Dynocom) tend to be optimistic. When you get your truck on another dyno, you will see what i'm saying. It's all in how your power curve above 5K looks. :)

Something I am go to toss around for next year might be an autocross course. If there is enough room to run it safely at the mall, and we can get a solo club to manage it. That might be fun.

Now that is a great idea!:rock:

Hopefully they do an autocross at Firbird soon. I did it one year with the lx guys and had a blast in my QC. It would probably be alot more fun now with the six speed.

I did Autocross for the first time last year at MATS in Vegas. I had my 72 Charger there. It was a flat out blast. Addicting. I have since added a Hellwig rear sway bar to match the Hellwig front bar on the 72. Flattened the old car out nicely. Planning on signing up for it again this year. There was a 10 QC there on the Autocross last year. Did pretty good for a big heavy truck.

Anyone going to MATS this year?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back