More boost on Paxtons....

Blakewilder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys just in case you are intersted, i will be happy to show anyone how to change the pulleys and belt to gain4-5 more lbs of boost on the Paxton setup. IT WILL!!!!Void your warranty on the compressor BUT if that goes it is about 1500 bucks for a new one ( I dont see this happening tho). I replaced all of my pulleys and made some a little bigger and reduced the belt size from 110" to 108". With the stock PCM in the truck with it shifting at 5600 RPMS we were getting 10 lbs of boost. With the shift points moved to 6000 and the rev limiter moved to 6250 11 lbs. Now keep in mind that I have Striker heads and they FLOW like crazy. So, on stock heads maybe 12-13 lbs of boost (and I have headers). Most likely a fuel system upgrade would be needed for this mod tho....I have 42lb injectors and an Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump, regulator, Vortech FMU, AND an intank Walbro255lph pump for backup.

Going to the dyno today and Ill let ya know the results...

Boost, Boost and more Boost..:burnout: :rock:

I just wanna give props to Dave at True Performance for staying with this thing. It has been a nightmare and this additional boost setup was his doing. Need4Speed has been helping him as well......they have been burning the midnight oil getting my truck ready for Bradenton. Ill keep you guys posted on this.....

Now I just need to find someone that could perform the mods you have listed and tune the truck. Best of luck at the dyno...we're all cheering for you!!

they fought and fought with it....the problem is that if you put a smaller blower pulley on the belt becomes loose. We replaced other pulleys to compensate but in the end going to the smaller belt did the trick. Now we gain more boost and the charging system is putting out a little more juice too.....there is an other pulley that can be changed for even more boost but I think they are happy like this for now.....

Very happy for you.....you deserve some serious good luck....when do the Slicks show up...?.....

Blakewilder said:
Wing is adios already.....my buddy Nowwhat told me it brings good luck...maybe it will.

ffffffff'ing awesome.....soon the wingless will rule the forum in terms of track times!:rock: maybe the others will catch on sooner or later that all wingless trucks are at least a half second faster!

Nahhhh...she likes you. Shes was wearing the T-shirt you guys sent us...Its funny cuz the one you made for me says BLACKWILDER instead of blakewilder. Ill send you a pic.

Blakewilder said:
I just hope you give Nowwhat this much hell when he pops his motor.......
I have the luxury of giving Brady hell all the time. if I really want to kick him in the nuts I will call him :D Yes I will make his life a living hell when and if it ever happens...But he expects nothing less from me Blake :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back