Moroso Challenges ARE BACK!!!!

One would think after all the marketing, ect... they might try renting generators like Imokkolee... but oh well.

I let you guys know when I hear something.

They are still building LOL.

Jack was out there this evening... here is the update.
They are grinding and polishing the track, should be done this weekend.Almost finished paving the return road and pits.The new tree is installed... waiting on the scoreboards. Still no signs of restrooms or snack stands.
STILL WAITING ON SCHEDULE FOR CHALLANGES.
Will keep you posted on updates.

Copy and paste for you guys from Ed...

This will be the last construction update that i will be doing on the drag strip.

The renovation is almost complete. The new fiber optic timing system is in and operational. The first car down the track went a 16.xx. The left lane has been diamond ground and is now being polished. The Right lane is almost finished with the diamond grind and will be polished after that. When that is finished we will begin the process of spraying and dragging. The road areas have been paved. One change in plans is now all of the pit parking that is east of the track from the staging lanes to almost where the scales will be is going to be paved. The new scoreboards are on property but not up yet. FPL still has a little bit to do.

The reopen date is set for November 8th.

Looking forward to seeing everyone back out at the track when we reopen.

Ed

ds1.jpg

ds7.jpg

ds2.jpg

ds3.jpg

ds4.jpg

ds5.jpg

ds9.jpg

ds6.jpg

Poitarea10-16-2008.jpg

ds8.jpg

blackviper said:
Looks like some fast times will be posted at Moroso.
I believe the name will no longer be Moroso,If I heard correctly,the new name will be Palm Beach International Raceway:dontknow:

Last edited:
with gas coming down I just may be able to come over a try out that track.man it looks like it is going to be real nice when finished!!!

blackviper said:
Who's interested in meeting up on the Saturday the 22nd?

I'm there. :rock:

1. walbert

reminder bump

November 22nd... (gates open 11:00 am)

Don't worry about showing up alone if you have to Walbert... we are one big truck family out there and we all hang together :rock:

On schedule for Nov 22nd & Dec 20th
Gates Open - 11am
Time Trials - Noon
Eliminations - 4pm

The track calender says there is a challenge every Sat from Dec 6 to 20... but I was told at the track that it will only be on the Dec 20th :dontknow:

Got asked at work today to work on sat. I'm not going to be able to make it on the 22nd. Gonna have to wait until Dec. :mad:

New 11/08 Challenge info

Saturday, Nov 22
11:00am - Gates Open
12:00pm - Qualifying Runs/Test & Tune begins
4:30pm - Mandatory Drivers Meeting for ALL CHALLENGES
5:00pm - Eliminations begin

You have to be at the track and ready to get tech'ed in before 4:30pm. If you are not at the drivers' meeting, you will not be in the Challenge. If you miss the Qualifying, but make it in time for the Drivers' meeting, you can still race, you will just be racing "blind" as you won't know what to dial in on your first run.

The way the Qualifying Runs/Test & Tune will be run is the Challenge Drivers will get a qualifying run, then the Test & Tune will run. Once the Test & Tune runs are done, then it will be back to qualifying runs for Challenge drivers. This will continue until 4:00pm or so. This gives the possiblility of more than 2 qualifying runs (3 or maybe even 4 qualifiers, depending on the number of Test & Tune cars). Challenge drivers will get a minimum of 2 qualifiers...as long as you are there and tech'ed by 12:00pm. You can come later and can get in your qualifying runs with your Challenge Class, but you may not get 2 runs in, if you miss any of your Challenge Class qualifying runs.
I hope that makes sense to everyone.

Just a little recap as to the Challenges that are being run:
Corvette Challenge
GM Challenge (any GM other than Corvettes)
Mustang Challenge
Mopar Challenge
Truck Challenge
Z Challenge (new Challenge for 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 300Z, 350Z cars)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back