motor oil

I use Mobil 1 0W-40 on my 04 mod. But I am also in Norway, and I think we maybe have a little bit colder weather then you guys.

Passelat said:
I use Mobil 1 0W-40 on my 04 mod. But I am also in Norway, and I think we maybe have a little bit colder weather then you guys.

My opinion that 0w is too light for these motors.

Morning FSTJACK. I already bought a supply of 0-w40. Can I blend in a heavier weight to increase low end weight number? Maybe blend in a quart or two of straight weight 30w?:dontknow:

I was reading the description to the mobil1 15 50 and it says its for high is that the one to get it also notes high performance oil

joemags54 said:
Morning FSTJACK. I already bought a supply of 0-w40. Can I blend in a heavier weight to increase low end weight number? Maybe blend in a quart or two of straight weight 30w?:dontknow:

It is not really good to mix straight weight oils with multiviscosity oils.

The polymer chains do not mix properly from what I have read.

You can mix Mobile 1 15-40 or 15-50 with the oil you have and come up with a better choice in my opinion. The Mobile website states that different weights of multivis oils can be mixed with no problems.

I would use 4-5 qts of the higher vis oil with what you have when changing.

Houstonsrt10 said:
I was reading the description to the mobil1 15 50 and it says its for high is that the one to get it also notes high performance oil

I ran 15-50 in my trucks when they were stock with great results, much quieter valve train operation.

FSTJACK said:
My opinion that 0w is too light for these motors.
I also think it sounds a bit too thin. I have used 0W-40 because it is what Dodge says but I have been thinking on to try Castrol 10W-60, but that sounds a little bit too thick again.
We dont have Mobil 1 15W-50 here in Norway, closest will be 5W-50.

Imgonna go with 15 50 mobil 1 but here is my question it says high performance high mileage is that the one?

Passelat said:
I also think it sounds a bit too thin. I have used 0W-40 because it is what Dodge says but I have been thinking on to try Castrol 10W-60, but that sounds a little bit too thick again.
We dont have Mobil 1 15W-50 here in Norway, closest will be 5W-50.
There are 2 oil brands that I am not fond of and they are Castrol and the other is Penzoil.
That is just my personal opinion however.

The 10w60 does sound a little heavy to me. Do you have 15-40 anything?

I bought the 15 50 however it doesn't specify ig its for gasoline vehicles, another question how can I get the most oil out of draining it put it on ramps?

Houstonsrt10 said:
I bought the 15 50 however it doesn't specify ig its for gasoline vehicles, another question how can I get the most oil out of draining it put it on ramps?

warm her up a bit. ramps are good. pull the oil pan plug & then the oil filter, that will drain the cooler also. slide around the underneath & check stuff. let it drain till it drips.
:rock: :rock: :rock:

Ok thanks zc what about it no saying about gas vehicles I just wanna make sure I got the right one

FSTJACK said:
There are 2 oil brands that I am not fond of and they are Castrol and the other is Penzoil.
That is just my personal opinion however.

The 10w60 does sound a little heavy to me. Do you have 15-40 anything?
We just have 4 different oils in Mobil 1 here in this country.
If I want anything else I have to purchase it by myself from US.
Do you recommend me to go with Mobil 1 15W-50 from the states, or will our oil in 5W-50 work for me?
I will fallow your advise and try a thicker oil.

Passelat said:
We just have 4 different oils in Mobil 1 here in this country.
If I want anything else I have to purchase it by myself from US.
Do you recommend me to go with Mobil 1 15W-50 from the states, or will our oil in 5W-50 work for me?
I will fallow your advise and try a thicker oil.

What engine/performance mods do you have?

That will be.
Mopar CAI, camshaft and ECM.
B&B catless exhaust.
BBK throttle body

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back