Need a 2nd Car....Performance Sedan Opinions???

Rice Eater said:
This fall we will be completed with the construction of our 14 story condo which means closings which means payday....finally! We've been working on this project for 3 years!

Anyways...I have been thinking about getting a second car so I don't have to drive the truck everyday and can take better care of her. I want to get a performance sedan and wanted to get some ideas from you guys. I don't want to buy new...looking for something used. Definately want something with some get up and go...or maybe a little bling factor.

Cars I've thought of so far:

Caddy CTSV
Audi S4
BMW745i
Charger SRT8

What else would be a fun fast sedan that I'm not thinking of??

Mercedes S65 Amg= 604 Hp and 738 Ftlb. High 11's Bone stock. Can get a Used one from 85,000-120,000:rock: :rock:

At least you can get the CTS-v or a BMW with a MANUAL Trans!!!:rock: :driver: :joyman: :rock:

My first pick would be a 2000-02 M5 BMW... I had a 2002 and LOVED IT. :rock:

Here's my old one.

DSCF0040-1.jpg

DSCF0062-1.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

There is a nice one on EBay right now, for a good price... It even has some nice "goodies' included. :D ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001...QQihZ020QQcategoryZ133182QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Rice Eater said:
This fall we will be completed with the construction of our 14 story condo which means closings which means payday....finally! We've been working on this project for 3 years!

Anyways...I have been thinking about getting a second car so I don't have to drive the truck everyday and can take better care of her. I want to get a performance sedan and wanted to get some ideas from you guys. I don't want to buy new...looking for something used. Definately want something with some get up and go...or maybe a little bling factor.

Cars I've thought of so far:

Caddy CTSV
Audi S4
BMW745i
Charger SRT8

What else would be a fun fast sedan that I'm not thinking of??

How about a 2006 300C SRT-8 with 525hp. Comes with Indy Cylinder Heads, Intake Manifold, PPP Cam, KOOKS LT's, B&G Custom Flash, GSM TCM, AFE Stage 2 Intake, and Magnaflow Exhaust? LOL! As you can tell I am selling my car! LOL!

I realize this isnt that showy but a grand prix with $3,000 into her and you have a 700hp turbo charged car with traction control and its cheaper than, some, if not all the cars listed hehehe, a sleeper and did i mention less money and a 10 sec car then, just a thought.

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis said:
I realize this isnt that showy but a grand prix with $3,000 into her and you have a 700hp turbo charged car with traction control and its cheaper than, some, if not all the cars listed hehehe, a sleeper and did i mention less money and a 10 sec car then, just a thought.
he did say nice car didnt he?,not trying to be too rude but the difference in driving a grand prix and vastly different from a bmw,lexus or mercedes,u could find him a pinto while ur at it:D:rock:

greatone61 said:
How about a 2006 300C SRT-8 with 525hp. Comes with Indy Cylinder Heads, Intake Manifold, PPP Cam, KOOKS LT's, B&G Custom Flash, GSM TCM, AFE Stage 2 Intake, and Magnaflow Exhaust? LOL! As you can tell I am selling my car! LOL!

Ummmmmm.....I wasn't a big fan of the body style.....but damn w/ 525 HP! Why the hell not!!??

you know i was thinking of a Grand Prix today....my dad sells pontiacs and I drove a few GTP's which is their supercharged version. I saw some bad ass turbo kits for them cars. how long do they run for though on 700HP....don't you have to upgrade the tranny and internals? I don't need bling.....HP is more important and I gotta like the body style.

flchub said:
he did say nice car didnt he?,not trying to be too rude but the difference in driving a grand prix and vastly different from a bmw,lexus or mercedes,u could find him a pinto while ur at it:D:rock:

Yea, i guess im just different when it comes to cars and money, i have my one toy and the rest are a money deal to me. Personally a GTP or GTX and even a GT Grand Prix is a nice car to someone like me. I would rather spend 20gs on a car and put in a couple of grand to beat out a high priced car because when it comes down to it, to me they all have engines and wheels and get me from point A to point B. Even the truck is the same to me, i could have never bought it unless i got the good deal i did and well I just work way to hard to spend more than i need to. Whats trash to one person is gold to another and thats what makes us all different but no reason to make the pinto thought to my statement just because i had an idea that you dont agree with, i took it kind of as a fu. Just cause its not a 50 thousand dollar car doent make it nice does it? Just my opinion but hey were all entiltled to it.:dontknow: Like i said in my earlier thought it just idea so what its not a lexus or bmw, no matter what anyone says they can all be nice its just weather someone wants to make it nice or can see what it can be vs having a vehicle just because it makes a statement about how expensive it is and blah blah blah ect. Sorry if i ranted here but im just a little different when it comes to suff like this i guess.

.... Just cause its not a 50 thousand dollar car doent make it nice does it? Just my opinion but hey were all entiltled to it.:dontknow: Like i said in my earlier thought it just idea so what its not a lexus or bmw, no matter what anyone says they can all be nice its just weather someone wants to make it nice or can see what it can be vs having a vehicle just because it makes a statement about how expensive it is and blah blah blah ect. Sorry if i ranted here but im just a little different when it comes to suff like this i guess.

I agree 100%. :) It doesn't have to cost a mint, to be cool........

Yea, i guess im just different when it comes to cars and money, i have my one toy and the rest are a money deal to me. Personally a GTP or GTX and even a GT Grand Prix is a nice car to someone like me. I would rather spend 20gs on a car and put in a couple of grand to beat out a high priced car because when it comes down to it, to me they all have engines and wheels and get me from point A to point B. Even the truck is the same to me, i could have never bought it unless i got the good deal i did and well I just work way to hard to spend more than i need to. Whats trash to one person is gold to another and thats what makes us all different but no reason to make the pinto thought to my statement just because i had an idea that you dont agree with, i took it kind of as a fu. Just cause its not a 50 thousand dollar car doent make it nice does it? Just my opinion but hey were all entiltled to it.:dontknow: Like i said in my earlier thought it just idea so what its not a lexus or bmw, no matter what anyone says they can all be nice its just weather someone wants to make it nice or can see what it can be vs having a vehicle just because it makes a statement about how expensive it is and blah blah blah ect. Sorry if i ranted here but im just a little different when it comes to suff like this i guess.

hey Mike.....I can't speak for Chub on this but I think he was just kidding....i know it might have been perceived differently but he's really not as snobby as he comes off:p :p j/k Clint!

For real though I had thought of a Grand Prix and turbo ing it.....I remember seeing a website....maybe KRC performance or something that had turbo kits for them cars. What do you have to do to the tranny or internals to handle that kind of power?

Nowwhat said:
cls63....
e63
e55
m5

echo that, lockstep....

I had a 300C SRT8, great car, and was fast as hell, especially when rolling. Downsides were that the car was pretty hard on the tires that came stock, and well, you think the trucks have brake dust... :D

I wouldnt hesitate to buy another LX SRT. :cool:

1st choice-Viper,Second choice-viper
Ok I,m awake now!,BMW M3,Corvette,300srt8(426 stroker),any lexus,
Man, too many to list.It all up to you..

my truck was the first Dodge we purchased... since then, we had an R/T charger, and now, of course, we have the black (and blue) srt8.... any of the srt8's are great. the 300 is a little more "luxury" but the the charger is a great "family" car. pleanty of space... room in the trunk for misbehaving kids;) .... or groceries!!

not that we only buy dodge now, but they do have a great product right now, compaired to other the other makers, the prices are not unreasonable! at least not if you look at what you are getting for your dollar!

good luck with your decisions!

Rice Eater said:
hey Mike.....I can't speak for Chub on this but I think he was just kidding....i know it might have been perceived differently but he's really not as snobby as he comes off:p :p j/k Clint!

For real though I had thought of a Grand Prix and turbo ing it.....I remember seeing a website....maybe KRC performance or something that had turbo kits for them cars. What do you have to do to the tranny or internals to handle that kind of power?

I cant say for sure about all mods yet im looking into it myself for a cool sleeper. I got a 2005 grand prix and its a great ride and havent had a single problem with her, shes pretty fast stock but from what ive seen i havnt heard much about having to change to much with the turbo kits but i dont know 100% yet. Ill tell ya though i know a guy with a 98 that had around 800 hp and he didnt spend all that much and that car kicked a** nearly took anything on the road out! Vettes and High price beamers ect was a sweeeeet car man a real awsome ride. Pm me if you want some 3800 engine upgrade sites man there a strong engine doubt youd have to upgrade way to much.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back