need a reality check

guinnessboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went and test drove the new 08 corvette today........im about 50/50 on trading in my truck, they just arent willing to budge on the price too much cause they are so new.....but are going to give me 29 K on my truck....not sure what to do at this point.....im afraid after 2 weeks i may have remorse because our trucks are so unique and grab way more attention than the vettes.

I rarely miss mine. I think the majority of the folks that see these think they are a hemi truck with a body kit. I would love an 08 vette but do what works our best for you.

Vette's are a dime a dozen. I would say go for it and you can always buy another SRT10 if you hate the vette but you will lose your shirt on the vette when you go to sell it. They don't hold their value at all. Sound familiar? Why not rent a vette for a day or a week and see if you like it? By the way, has anything changed on the 08 vette compared to the 07?

Wait for the 09 SC Vette, that might be a good trade for your truck but not just a regular Vette like others have said there a dime a dozen.

The problem with a specialty Vette, such as the Z06 and the upcoming 2009 ZR1 or whatever they call it is that it is still a dime a dozen vette. I can only tell a Z06 once I am right on it and see the little fender badge. Also, Vette's have become chick cars (no offense ladies). 70% of them are driven by women. Makes it a little less cool to me.

may i state my feelings as follows :

i have some other (fast) cars and enjoy them even more knowing i safe that way some miles on my SRT :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

ofcourse it's your truck/car... you have to drive it....hope you choose well :rock:

I had a reality check once....it bounced. :dontknow: :p

Keep your truck.

I think at one point or another many tend to entertain thoughts of getting rid of their trucks. I have to admit, I've been feeling that way the past few days too, especially since she's in such good shape. I haven't driven her since Friday but I plan on driving her tomorrow, so maybe that will change my feelings. I always imagined that I would always keep her through thick and thin. Right now I'm not so sure.:dontknow:

Venom Power said:
I think at one point or another many tend to entertain thoughts of getting rid of their trucks. I have to admit, I've been feeling that way the past few days too, especially since she's in such good shape. I haven't driven her since Friday but I plan on driving her tomorrow, so maybe that will change my feelings. I always imagined that I would always keep her through thick and thin. Right now I'm not so sure.:dontknow:

Take her out and find a nice long deserted road and POUND THE PISS out of her...she will leave you smiling. You will go home in love once more. :nurse:

guinnessboy said:
went and test drove the new 08 corvette today........im about 50/50 on trading in my truck, they just arent willing to budge on the price too much cause they are so new.....but are going to give me 29 K on my truck....not sure what to do at this point.....im afraid after 2 weeks i may have remorse because our trucks are so unique and grab way more attention than the vettes.

Regular LS3 vette? No Way!

ZO6? Possibly!

No freakin' way you should pay sticker for either! Check out www.Corvetteforum.com classifieds and see what the BIG Volume dealers are selling them for.

I do miss my truck at times, but sadly I couldn't keep it AND have a Viper. I love the Viper.:rock:

Fepony said:
Take her out and find a nice long deserted road and POUND THE PISS out of her...she will leave you smiling. You will go home in love once more. :nurse:

You were talking about his truck right:dontknow:

Venom Power said:

Been thinking of selling mine,too.Haven't driven it in a L O N G time.Waiting on a few things to work out.Hopefully,when I get it back on the road,I'll decide to keep it.I love that here isn't another one for at least 40 miles from me.Vettes and Stangs are everywhere.

:dito: vettes are a dime a dozen. great "cars". but a dime a dozen.
love it when some know it all comes up & says "that thang got a hemi?" & tell him "NOPE", guess they can't read the hood or tail gate. the look on their faces be priceless. then get to educate them. one of the many neat things about our trucks.
do love the never endin chubby that this truck gives. lookin at it. washin it. workin on it & for sure drivin it.
bottom line is, one has got to do what one gots to do:rock:

I get comments on my SRT-10 every time I take it out... there's probably no other viper trucks close by and it always brings a smile to my face whether I am at the gas pump, the drive thru or sitting at a stop light. I doubt you get much of that with a 'vette but to each his own.

My wife has a slightly modded C6. She's 5'-3", weights 108, and loves it. It seems to be made for her. I rarely drive it. I'm 5'-10" at 306 (World Class powerlifter). Sitting in the Corvette more than 2 hours kills my lower back and knees. In the early 80' I had 3 Corvettes. In my mid-20s weighing something less than 160 I loved them. Point is that my suggestion would be to make your choice on where you are in your life, how much you drive, and what you fit into. Ealry 80s a Corvette was the only car I wanted and a good choice. They are by far one of the best performance engineered vehicles on the road now for the price but being 51, on the heavy side, and driving 30,000 miles per year, I love my truck.

Regardless of your decision there is no downside. Driving either still puts you in a select group.

oldguy

thanks for the input, i agree, i think the best thing about our trucks is the fact they are so unique........there is no better feeling than going to a gas station and having someone ask about the truck. Decision made, truck stays!!!

thanks guys

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back