need advice on 170 thermostat

tone said:
That's what I thought you told me, just making sure you did'nt find anything new out between when I bought mine and now:rock: I do run a little over 200 in the city, how do I get the fan adjusted.

get a sct, get torrie to tune it for ya:rock:

sorry for taking so long to reply, will be in and out working on the site, but the only way to turn the fan on earlier is either to have the pcm flashed to turn it on earlier or thru the sct tuner, or now if not mistaken stingray had a diy deal here somewhere to where you could adjust the fan temp or maybe that was so you could do it manual like , cant remember.

but if you get your fan on earlier with the stat, you should in dead ass hot heat stay at or below the 190 area, some of you fellas in extreme heat like you are can def use that;)

thanks guys for all the reply's this is a great forum my truck runs about 200 so I think a'm good

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
sorry for taking so long to reply, will be in and out working on the site, but the only way to turn the fan on earlier is either to have the pcm flashed to turn it on earlier or thru the sct tuner, or now if not mistaken stingray had a diy deal here somewhere to where you could adjust the fan temp or maybe that was so you could do it manual like , cant remember.

but if you get your fan on earlier with the stat, you should in dead ass hot heat stay at or below the 190 area, some of you fellas in extreme heat like you are can def use that;)
I did the stingray mod. I added a thermostat to it. It works great. http://vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1068&page=2

Last edited:
Brat said:
Then there must be something wrong with your tune,like Fast said mine also comes on sooner and never gets a bove 180 even in 95 degree weather,I have a sct with the tune.
I have a Torrie tune custom mapped off a dyno, but it still hits 200 and I still hear the fan come on. It's also summer weather down here already...

did the laps for charity last night.

Torrie tune & 170 stat. water temp stayed at 180. oil temp went to 210.

kickinassrt-10 said:
I have a Torrie tune custom mapped off a dyno, but it still hits 200 and I still hear the fan come on. It's also summer weather down here already...

You have to make certain the fan is coming on early, not just on.

In re; to the T-stat issue......

I decided to use the same recipe in my 05 RC as I do in my Ninja street bikes.

Raise the water content in your mix to 60-70%. Use "De-Ionized" water, recommended Dex-Cool, and the correct amount of "water wetter". This mix will effectively lower overall running temps up to 20 deg.

It allows rapid heat dissipation, maximizing the cooling systems capabilities and recovery (Minimal "Heat Soak").

FastSRT19 said:
I have a 170 t-stat, and my tune from Torrie turns my fan on sooner...truck never gets above 180...before it ran at 200 all the time.
X 2 I hated seeing my Ram on and slightly over the middle line (200-205F) and couldn't take it any longer. I had the 170F installed and with Torrie's tune and my request to turn it on at 175, my Ram now sits on 175-180F and I have never seen it go any higher than 185. Lovin' the coolness and associated peace of mind.

:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back