Need help in my hunt for a Viper

hey if you cant make up your mind i know where theres a 06 crew cab viper truck for 23,900(black) i just came across and mad me mad as hell when i just bought an 05 crew for 19,000

if you hadn't decided already ... i would scream " take a convertible ! "... :D
look, i to always likes coupes , tought convertibles were ghey... but wait a moment , after buying my beemer 650 convertible ... i changed my mind... man, i love that car , you just buy 2 cars in one .. !!! :rock: :rock:
Hood upp you don't notice you're driving a convertible ... and with the sun , hood down, ... man, this is driving a bike ! :) :) :)

You will enjoy the car period...coupe or vert!
Remember to save a few 100$ for the seat lowering kit, the seat can be moved forward and back with the 1" kit. The 2" kit is stationary. :rock:

Good deal! :rock: Personally, I think you made the right choice. Like I said, you start digging into some of the stuff out there it can get pretty scary fast. I don't mean to bash any dealer or their sales dept. but some buy up these cars (and trucks) at auctions hoping they can score the big deal.

Enjoy the new ride. It sounds really nice. Post up some pics of the new acquisition. :D

lbstone said:
The deciding is over, I just made a deal with the guy owning the 05 red convertible with 1,400 miles! In the end I kept changing my mind, the two cars have two totally different personalities. I think the coupe looks way tougher and more like a traditional viper should. But whats better then cruising in a Viper with the top down. I think going with the convertible will help me keep the speeds on the side of sanity a little longer, plus as I said before, lowering the seat wont bas as pressing of an issue. The deciding factor is the miles. 1,400 miles is nothing, the car isn't even broken in yet and is probably still on the original oil! The car still has the little rubber nipples on portions of the tires and still has the new car smell.

Tomorrow I bring the paperwork to the bank before I leave for Sweden. By the time I return Sunday night, all the paperwork will be done and I'll hopefully be driving her home!! Now I gotta build a garage!!!

Congrats Dude!!:rock:

1) If the oil is still original from '05 - Change it!! You'll need 10-11 Quarts of Mobil 1.
2) Be real careful when you first get it!!! Viper's are very 'ass happy'! The tail will wag (usually to the right first, then left, then right again)
3) The stock RunFlats SUCK! Period.
4) When the temps go down, BE EVEN MORE CAREFUL! The tires don't stick well at all until they warm up. I replaced my RunCraps with PS2's which were a noticeable improvement, but they also get real squirrely in cooler temps (until they warm up). Last Winter I was just cruising in 3rd at about ~40, squeezed on it and the ass end slid out to the right! If you're aware of it, it's a blast! If not, well, it could get tricky.

As mentioned above, the Northwind 1" seat lowering kit will allow you to move the seat forward and back. The 2" kit is fixed in place. I'm 6'4" and have the 1" kit - I fit just fine in my Coupe (also removed sun visors).

Pics ASAP!

Please be careful. This accident just happened involving two NJ Cops. Sadly, one died. Vipers will bite you if you let them!
http://www.app.com:80/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080813/NEWS/80813012

When I woke up this morning, I never would've guessed my hunt was going to be over in a few hours. All in all I'm very pleased with my decision. I'll probably go with the 2" lowering kit and order it tonight. I gotta go check the car out tonight and will be sure to post up some pictures!! Thanks again for everyones help, it did make the decision a bit more clear and difficult at the same time :D

Westxsrt10 said:
You will enjoy the car period...coupe or vert!
Remember to save a few 100$ for the seat lowering kit, the seat can be moved forward and back with the 1" kit. The 2" kit is stationary. :rock:

Would it allow for a 6 foot 5 265lbs person to fit? I tried to get in one once and had no luck. Salesman pointed to the truck and said you will fit in there.

lbstone said:
When I woke up this morning, I never would've guessed my hunt was going to be over in a few hours. All in all I'm very pleased with my decision. I'll probably go with the 2" lowering kit and order it tonight. I gotta go check the car out tonight and will be sure to post up some pictures!! Thanks again for everyones help, it did make the decision a bit more clear and difficult at the same time :D

Congrats! Great choice!!

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

jrangel said:
Would it allow for a 6 foot 5 265lbs person to fit? I tried to get in one once and had no luck. Salesman pointed to the truck and said you will fit in there.
I'm 6'1" 315 and I fit, barely :p Getting in the coupe would have been tough and I cant just jump right into the car but thats the price I've gotta pay for being such a meat head!! My daily driver is an 08 Accord Coupe and getting in and out doesn't pose much of a problem. When I first sat in the viper I had to kinda plan out how I was going to slide in but it wasn't to much of an issue. The width is tight but doable but the hight is what bothers me. I think an inch would be adequate but 2 inches would probably be better. I'll take a closer look tonight to get a better idea.

Before you go messing with the suspension and lowering it, join the VCA and spend some time on the forums. Go to VOI IX in Detroit at the end of the month.

lbstone said:
I'm 6'1" 315 and I fit, barely :p Getting in the coupe would have been tough and I cant just jump right into the car but thats the price I've gotta pay for being such a meat head!! My daily driver is an 08 Accord Coupe and getting in and out doesn't pose much of a problem. When I first sat in the viper I had to kinda plan out how I was going to slide in but it wasn't to much of an issue. The width is tight but doable but the hight is what bothers me. I think an inch would be adequate but 2 inches would probably be better. I'll take a closer look tonight to get a better idea.

Here's how I 'enter' my Viper.

Open door
Turn sideways
Sit my ass in
Duck head under roofline and in
Right leg
Left leg
Close door

Reverse procedure to get out.

Though, when you put the top down, it'll be waaay easier.:D

jrangel said:
I have the 1" lowering kit in mine with plenty of room now....i am 6'3" 230lb but have a long torso. The 1" kit may work for you, if not the 2" will for sure.

Demon 8 said:
Congrats Derek!
Good Luck in Sweden!

:dito:
If you need someone to take a peek at one (if it's here in FL) let us know, and we will go inspect it for ya.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back