New MP3 audio clips of the AirHammer

Heh heh....okaaaaay.

I hate to break it to you and the AirHammer guy, but with that design/theory the intake for the SRT-10 is going to be about the size of a golf bag.
Not including the filter.

bigike said:
Prof, I think that you either don't pay enough attention. Or you come to my thread with a preconsieved notion that I'm not intelligent. For what ever reason it is, it is the way I feel. No problems though, hatters are everywhere.

The click is MDS. Mds is Multiple Displacement System. It deactivates cyl's when in a low load condition and turns those cyl's into air pumps. Also the whoosh on shut down. That is what i mean by air hammer deactivated, the car being turned off:)

This is not a INTAKE MANIFOLD. It is a air intake, Hammer Motorsports does not consider it a CIA.

The intakes that are out right now don't do anything for our trucks. But theres a winda blow'n!

If it sounds like this and works like this on a smaller car just think what it MAY do on our rigs. And the bling factor is VERY high. THEY CAN MAKE THEM IN STAINLESS STEAL!

IKE

Sorry Ike, I just can't read your writing. My fault, just not willing to put the effort in that you seem to require from readers.

Prof said:
Sorry Ike, I just can't read your writing. My fault, just not willing to put the effort in that you seem to require from readers.

There you go again, you and I will continue to have problems as long as you continue to be a jerk. But, i'll hand it to you. Your grammer is outstanding!

Kevan said:
Heh heh....okaaaaay.

I hate to break it to you and the AirHammer guy, but with that design/theory the intake for the SRT-10 is going to be about the size of a golf bag.
Not including the filter.

We'll see. Kev do you make intakes? The intake that are out there have less internal volume than the hammer for a 360 ci engine. And it is gonna be big, and loud and beautiful all in the same package.!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Ike, has Lance got a donor yet? I thought someone close to him was gonna lend him their truck . . .

bigike said:
There you go again, you and I will continue to have problems as long as you continue to be a jerk. But, i'll hand it to you. Your grammer is outstanding!

I don't think what Roy said (to you) was worthy of name calling, Ike.....

You've (previously) had a knee jerk reaction to some stuff I said..... I thought your reaction was excessive then as well...

You may be unwilling to accept this appraisal.... But I'm trying to be a bro.....

Roy is a good guy. He didn't deserv that. He is not a jerk.... in fact, he's one of thee more thoughtful folks on this forum....

Just MHO......

D

YEAH BUDDY! He went up there and they tore the old intake out. Measure everything 100 times. Laughed at the stock system. Took 1000 pics, and he started designing.

I think the air filter is going to poke into the fender well. This is where that extremely small opening for the stock system is.

I got you D, however I don't take to being spoken/ writen down to about my internet short hand very well. Implying that I'm some sort of retard (was never said). If he isn't doing it ,and I am most likely overeacting (I tend to) then maybe it is on him to see that way I take his comments. And modify the way he speaks to me.:dontknow:

Or I'll just get over it........................

Last edited:
bigike said:
YEAH BUDDY! He went up there and they tore the old intake out. Measure everything 100 times. Laughed at the stock system. Took 1000 pics, and he started designing.

I think the air filter is going to poke into the fender well. This is where that extremely small opening is for the stock system is.

Cool deal man. I hope all goes well for them . . . I'm interested to see pics/video and dyno results . . .

Oh, and just a FYI, I don't think anyone meant anything personal. :)

Django said:
I don't think what Roy said (to you) was worthy of name calling, Ike.....

You've (previously) had a knee jerk reaction to some stuff I said..... I thought your reaction was excessive then as well...

You may be unwilling to accept this appraisal.... But I'm trying to be a bro.....

Roy is a good guy. He didn't deserv that. He is not a jerk.... in fact, he's one of thee more thoughtful folks on this forum....

Just MHO......

D

DITTO ! And when you have a supercharger in your engine bay,who needs an airhammer anyway ? I would have serious reservations about cutting out/turning off any of my cylinders.

Hey guys!!, Yes we got a truck and have done measurements and are testing some different approaches. It really looks like they (DCX) stuck the motor in the trucks then were kind of lost (left to monkeys to design) in how to fit an air filter. There are numerous issues to resolve, most importantly is feeding all cylinders with an equal amount of air without starving a cylinder which is really possible given the shape of the throttle valve. What happens with traditional equal shaped tubes and short radius turns is that the incoming air creates a boundry wake effect preventing the flow of air, yep..air blocks air, go figger!!. I promise you we wont release this product unless we can clearly document a true benefit in terms of H.P. improvement.
We have submitted all of our previous intakes for independent testing for verification and will do the same with this one!. Product names you can search for are AIRHAMMER, AIRHAMMER H.O. and RAMHAMMER, all are the leaders in their respective markets based on independent testing.

P.S. We really want to be a part of this forum group and get input from the group, so I ask, I have tried to contact the Administration of this forum a few different times about vendor sponsership but have not heard back?? please contact us at [email protected] or P.M. me here!!

HOT RAM said:
DITTO ! And when you have a supercharger in your engine bay,who needs an airhammer anyway ? I would have serious reservations about cutting out/turning off any of my cylinders.

NO NO my friend. I was explaining the sound in the clip. It was MDS in the 5.7L HEMI. LOL I was explaining it because sometimes I lose some people.

To the forced induction. As far as my talks with them go, they believe that they can help in the FI department. Remember there not trying to just make a huge hole for air to go into. They are trying to TUNE the air that is going in there.

Wheelife made a statment about air blocking air. If you don't understand that, think about the bed of a pickup at speed. At speed there is a low preasure bubble that acts like a camper top and bounces the air over the bed/tailgate. Air blocking Air.

Last edited:
OK,so what you are saying is the MDS in the HEMI sounds different through the AirHammer than through the stock intake ? The AirHammer intake then has nothing to do with the MDS system ?

If the AirHammer gives better airflow WITHOUT cutting out cylinders,then I would be interested.If it can also help the forced induction systems,then I would be even more interested.

Keep us updated.

bigike said:

Ike, we don't have problems...it's my issue...I just have a lot of trouble understanding what you write. It's my problem not yours...if I wasn't interested, I would just not read your posts. I think you have some interesting things to contribute, but you make it so difficult to read...

My issue, my problem, I could just ignore your comments, but I do want to understand...and will continue to try.

HOT RAM said:
OK,so what you are saying is the MDS in the HEMI sounds different through the AirHammer than through the stock intake ? The AirHammer intake then has nothing to do with the MDS system ?

The MDS "multi-displacement-system" is exclusive to the 5.7 Liter Hemis found in LX vehicles.

I think that the activating sound of the MDS system is noticable from the addition of the hammer intake.

Good luck guys!

Prof, you are as usual a voice of reason with a very level head. Way to further explain yourself instead of just getting pissed off.

bigike said:
We'll see. Kev do you make intakes?
As a matter of fact, I did. (link available upon request)

I never got past the prototype stage because I did a ton of research on these vehicles including available intake areas, the stock box, and ran a ton of CFD.

In the end, the stock box or the basic CAI's turned out to be the best way to go.
If not for HP, then at least for MPG. If not for MPG, then at least for the sound. :)

You gotta remember: This is NOT a Hemi.
It's not even a V8.
The Viper engine is an entirely different creature....from an entirely different planet.

bigike said:
The intake that are out there have less internal volume than the hammer for a 360 ci engine. And it is gonna be big, and loud and beautiful all in the same package.!:rock: :rock: :rock:
Sorry man, but with the amount of heat generated by these aluminum block engines, I'm not going to be filling up the remaining areas of the engine bay with a golf bag-sized intake.

Good luck.

I have to say that the rev on the LX forum is very knowledgible about most things automotive. I was a member of the LX forum in the beginning when he getting things together to pick up his first Charger! I saw his progression into tunning his air intakes and read allot of his thoughts on the matter. Knowing what I know about his intakes with the LX's, I am very interested and eager to see what he comes up with. Coming from the outside as most people on this forum are, I understand your reserves. This was the same feeling going around the LX forum as intake after intake was developed that made little or no real increase in hp. When Rev started developing his intake, their was a lot of haters that in the end had to swallow their pride as his intake made improvements over 5hp in independent dyno pulls. Lets just wait and see.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back