New new guy shopping a rc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiveoh

Reaction score
I have loved these trucks since my first and only ride in a 2004 RC in 2004. Well it is time for me to have one now.
I did find one somewhat close by at a dealer in NC. It is a 2004 red rc, 37,000 miles, magnaflow catback, k&N cold air kit and euro headlights, bedliner, no navigation, no bed cover, asking price $23900.
I'm not familiar with the euro headlight modification? Anyonne know what that is about?
Is the mileage something to be worried about? I know 37,000 is not a lot of miles generally speaking but does that stand for a 10cyl with a 6speed? I guess my biggest worry is the clutch and the cam bolt deal on the 04.
I have a trade so I have to find one at a dealer.

There is another I found in my home state of SC. Another 2004 rc red, 31,000 miles, navigation, bedliner, asking price is $23880.
Both dealers seem receptive to my trade which is a 1965 Chevy C-10 frame restoration. Especially the first one in NC they are also a classic car dealer.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Mine is for sale 04 Black 29k miles. It has been lowered, retrax bedcover, spray on bedliner and Magna flow exhaust. I want $22k for it but make me an offer. I am located in Tampa Fl.

Last edited:
Oh yeah welcome to the club. Good luck with the search. You came to a great site to get advise on these killer trucks.

we have some folks selling the trucks here, look in the for sale section and i'm sure you will find it hard to pick a good one.

Good selection of trucks out there right now, I would keep looking at that price, get exactly what you want or something you can build it into.

There are a few private party sales here that are amazing deals, and welcome to the club.

Welcome to the club......You mentioned that you have a trade so you have to go thru a dealer....not really....if you bought one from someone here or any private party you have several options....

Sell your truck....or maybe the person you are buying from would be interested in your Chevy....or get a dealer to handle the trade...the dealer would essentially buy the truck you are interested in and then take your truck as a trade in....of course the dealer will want to see some profit in the end.....Good luck..

fiveoh said:
I have loved these trucks since my first and only ride in a 2004 RC in 2004. Well it is time for me to have one now.
I did find one somewhat close by at a dealer in NC. It is a 2004 red rc, 37,000 miles, magnaflow catback, k&N cold air kit and euro headlights, bedliner, no navigation, no bed cover, asking price $23900.
I'm not familiar with the euro headlight modification? Anyonne know what that is about?
Is the mileage something to be worried about? I know 37,000 is not a lot of miles generally speaking but does that stand for a 10cyl with a 6speed? I guess my biggest worry is the clutch and the cam bolt deal on the 04.
I have a trade so I have to find one at a dealer.

There is another I found in my home state of SC. Another 2004 rc red, 31,000 miles, navigation, bedliner, asking price is $23880.
Both dealers seem receptive to my trade which is a 1965 Chevy C-10 frame restoration. Especially the first one in NC they are also a classic car dealer.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

dang fiveo where ya at in murrels inlet ? we got a place down there and come down every couple weeks bud:)

we need to have a GTG down there and all us go the the suck bang blow:D

but both sound like good deals bo, the eruo headlight deal is jsut a change of headlights most likely jsut some asthetics.
but do a carfax or ask for one on both, and best thing is to go loook at both, but whichever is closer my be the one to go after, and if they will give you any kind of warranty that would be a bonus.

Thanks for all the great responses.
I really would prefer just to swap my truck for a SRT with a person instead of a dealer. I have tried with about 4 individuals on Autotrader from several bordering states. Unfortunately, no one wants a swap, just cash. Can't really blame them all their ads say for sale not for swap.
If anyone here knows of a potential swapper I have many detsailed pictures I could send them of my ride.
I'm still waiting on yet another dealer in Jacksonville,NC to get back to me.
I will get one eventually. I missed one somewhat locally in Moncks Corner,SC. It was a rc yellow with only 3000 miles for $21000. It sold last week. I would've been tempted to buy it outright for that price and mileage.
Oh well, the search continues.

Welcome to the RBC ....... At least your lookin at the fastest color ....

The guys are right, shop around a little .......

Jim

fiveoh said:
Thanks for all the great responses.
I really would prefer just to swap my truck for a SRT with a person instead of a dealer. I have tried with about 4 individuals on Autotrader from several bordering states. Unfortunately, no one wants a swap, just cash. Can't really blame them all their ads say for sale not for swap.
If anyone here knows of a potential swapper I have many detsailed pictures I could send them of my ride.
I'm still waiting on yet another dealer in Jacksonville,NC to get back to me.
I will get one eventually. I missed one somewhat locally in Moncks Corner,SC. It was a rc yellow with only 3000 miles for $21000. It sold last week. I would've been tempted to buy it outright for that price and mileage.
Oh well, the search continues.
Stinker is a potential "swapper" but you'll end up with a flock of sheep..........:p hope ya get what you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back