New SRT-10 owner with a few questions

srt10

Reaction score
I just got a CPO 04 Ram SRT-10 ... and I LOVE IT!

I have a few initial questions -

1) What exhaust do most seem to prefer/recommend ? Borla or Magnaflow? I am leaning towards the mag.

2) I know that dodge says the truck is not recommended for towing, but since I have a hard bedcover, there will be times I need to pull my 5x8 trailer. Does anyone know what kind of hitch I can install on the srt-10? Will the factory mopar dodge ram hitch work?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

First off Welcome to the forum!
Would love to give advice but my QC came setup already.
Lots of great people in here they will chime in and lead you in the best direction.:rock:

Welcome aboard ---I believe most opt for the mag exhaust ---as for the hitch --my qc came with one --don't see why it wouldn't work on a rc

Magnaflow here:rock: :rock: :rock:
looks like just a reg. receiver hitch. a buddy had a '04 RC. pulled his bass boat with it. 120 m.ph.+ pulled his bass boat. lol. :burnout: :rock:

Welcome, Bud! You're family now! I run Magnaflow on my QC and love the deep sound, especially at 1500 RPM's. Not too versed on the towing but mine does have a tow/haul button on the gear shifter and a factory hitch. I've pulled some things, boat, jetski, BBQ grill, with no problem. You will get any info on this website you'll ever need, and some you don't!

CPO = Certified Pre Owned

Which means 8yr/80k mile warranty.

The truck will be under warranty until October 2012.

Thanks for the advice on the magnaflow, that is what i will probably go with. As for the hitch, the application list for the factory mopar hitch says *excludes srt-10 ... so I am waiting for someone who has an 04 RC that can chime and let me know positively what will work.

thanks so much for the quick response.

Welcome to the club...My understanding is not that the RC cant tow but the trans is not designed for towing and will strain it.....Magnaflow seems to be the prefered exhaust.....and what is CPO?..:dontknow:

TNVIPER said:
Welcome to the club...My understanding is not that the RC cant tow but the trans is not designed for towing and will strain it.....Magnaflow seems to be the prefered exhaust.....and what is CPO?..:dontknow:
I do not believe it is the tranny, But the clutch set up.

I understand that the "TOWING" may not be reccomended, but I will not really be towing anything. I am talking about hauling stuff that will not fit under the bed cover. I seriously doubt the trailer and contents would ever be over 800-1200lbs. That shouldnt be a problem.

As for CPO, check above post.

I forget the Part #, but I bought a Hitch from the Dodge dealer that bolted up. You just have to remove the bumper cover.

I towed a few times with mine when I owned it. Pulled a car/trailer to the strip = 5,000lbs.+ w/ no problems.

You should be fine with that small trailer.

By the way, is there a way to set up on this forum to automatically recieve an email when there is a response to a post?

Damn, I just clicked on the bistro link and now i'm starving! Thanks, a lot, Chef! Looks good!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back