New SRT-10 owner with a few questions

Here's what I put on my '05 RC.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE-RAM-TRAILER-HITCH-03-08-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ180204495092QQihZ008QQcategoryZ33653QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
The flat connector is already behind the bumper. Remove the bumper cover so you don't have to cut any holes in it. If you use common sense and don't race while towing a trailer you should be fine. The biggest pain was getting the bolt/washers fished down into the tube where they could be pulled out where they're suppose to be.

srt10 said:
CPO = Certified Pre Owned

Which means 8yr/80k mile warranty.

The truck will be under warranty until October 2012.

Thanks for the advice on the magnaflow, that is what i will probably go with. As for the hitch, the application list for the factory mopar hitch says *excludes srt-10 ... so I am waiting for someone who has an 04 RC that can chime and let me know positively what will work.

thanks so much for the quick response.
Be careful with mods on your truck if you want the dealerships to honor your warranty. They like to flag us for little things like exhaust, pcm flashes etc.

The weak link in the 04 is the clutch. You got 4.10 gears and a plastic slave cylinder which equates to strain on the clutch if you tow........especially when just taking off. Hard launches even without a trailer will burn up that clutch in no time. Do NOT slip the clutch under power at all, it will burn up fast...........been there done that. Take it easy and you'll be fine. Your stock clutch is NOT covered by any warranty..............I found out the hard way. When new it is sorta covered by a 12 month 12k mile warranty......and I mean sorta....

Magnaflow rules IMO. Welcome to the site and post some pics of the hot rod!!

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back