New to site...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What all have you done to your truck? Where is another track out that way? That video of you in your avatar went viral quick...I guess it was you...I never looked at the location.

that's not my truck...i'm just the asshole that put the snippet in my avatar;)

greer and ware shoals are very close to me...i can get to greer in about 20, and ware in about 40...

and i've just got a 100k mile work truck...nothing fancy...yet;)

greer and ware shoals are very close to me...i can get to greer in about 20, and ware in about 40...

but working on it;)

Yea I know what you mean...my truck was a rebar tow vehicle, work truck. It's still my DD, I'm just not pulling a trailer for a while. I had to go built at about 110k, around 2 years after it was paid off lol..

i bought it with 15k almost 4 years ago...it's got 94k now...probably 1/3 of that pulling my 4500# enclosed trailer...

just got a few bolt-ons coming;)

That's Kool...when an acquaintance bought his(5-6ys ago), supercharged=30k or so he said...that's nuts..

Don't take it the wrong way...I don't think he did it lol...but yea around here...I can't remember the guys name...

Really that's nuts...why not just go turbo? I understand It's a lot of fabrication. Seems like you could just put some snails Under the truck. Then pipe intake back up...even if It's a long azz run.

Stock rods are good for 650 - 700 max. Stock pistons are good for around the same without detonation. The ring lands are too thin. The trans (auto) is also good for around 700 max and the stick is good for a few more horses. Our oiling system at redline or close to redline is problematic under hard acceleration. Our forged bottom end is good to about 900 - 1000. This about sums up the basic info on our engines as I understand them.

Pistons. You can't beat the blower whine.
Agreed...nothing like it...I've even entertained the idea of a compound boost set up just to keep it..lol

Stock rods are good for 650 - 700 max. Stock pistons are good for around the same without detonation. The ring lands are too thin. The trans (auto) is also good for around 700 max and the stick is good for a few more horses. Our oiling system at redline or close to redline is problematic under hard acceleration. Our forged bottom end is good to about 900 - 1000. This about sums up the basic info on our engines as I understand them.

Good info! No wonder it cost so much to make a 10 fast!

Has anyone played around with a compound boost setup? Seems like the SC could give you initial power off the line and the turbo would be less stressful on the rotating assembly. Instead of hammering a ton of boost on stock components all at one time. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back