newbie from Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.
attila said:
and I must go to register it in Germany since there's no way in Italy (planning to move to another country soon by the way, this really piss me off)

My truck was first registered in Germany too. It's very strange because they haven't seen my truck in Germany, only the US title and some import papers.. After paying enough money, i received the german papers within 2 weeks at home. After that they could inspect the truck in Holland for a new dutch Licensplate.. It's f@#$ing corrupt in europe!! But lucky everything is finished about 10 weeks ago so it's time to make viper power fun.. Let the summer begins :rock:

SRT/10-AMSTERDAM said:
2004- singel cab
2005- singel cab & quad cabs
2006- singel cab & quad cabs

Offcourse 30.000 euro is alot of money but you will drive a great truck :D :D :top: But look for a used 2002-2003 BMW X5 in Holland .. They ask almost the same price so that's for me an easy decision to buy a kick ass Viper truck :driver: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Okay. 2005 quad cab it is then ;) And you are 100% sure about the import tax 10% for the QC? Because I had trouble to find it somewhere.

Another thing. I have 2 big dog's (Dogo Argentino) and I want to use this truck to take my dog's at the back. Is it easy to take the bed cover off?

And you are so right. The Viper is really impressive. I took another look at your websites and wow what a nice cars :) No way a BMW x5 will beat that!

attila said:
I paid 42% total tax (32 if it was a car)....

So the 22%+19%? And maybe because off the fact that you didn't buy a QC?

If I have to pay 10% for a QC and 22% for a RC, it's not a very hard decision for me ;)

Rick1976 said:
Okay. 2005 quad cab it is then ;) And you are 100% sure about the import tax 10% for the QC? Because I had trouble to find it somewhere.

Another thing. I have 2 big dog's (Dogo Argentino) and I want to use this truck to take my dog's at the back. Is it easy to take the bed cover off?

And you are so right. The Viper is really impressive. I took another look at your websites and wow what a nice cars :) No way a BMW x5 will beat that!

Yes i'm 100% sure that i payed 10% import tax and 19% BTW tax for my Quad cab. But make a phonecall and ask the customs (douane-belasting) before you start to import a truck.. You can't find this information on the web.. Ask them and you are safety...

It's easy to remove the bed cover with 2 persons.. But not all the Quad cab trucks have a factory bedcover on the truck.. The first quad cabs of 2005 didn't have a bedcover and have the wing on the side of the bed.. I think from may or june 2005 the SRT-10 QC truck comes out with a factory bedcover (but i'm not 100% sure) I think somebody here can tell this exactly. A quad cab truck with or without a factory bedcover have different spoilers on the rear..

42.jpg

06.JPG

SRT/10-AMSTERDAM said:
Yes i'm 100% sure that i payed 10% import tax and 19% BTW tax for my Quad cab. But make a phonecall and ask the customs (douane-belasting) before you start to import a truck.. You can't find this information on the web.. Ask them and you are safety...

It's easy to remove the bed cover with 2 persons.. But not all the Quad cab trucks have a factory bedcover on the truck.. The first quad cabs of 2005 didn't have a bedcover and have the wing on the side of the bed.. I think from may or june 2005 the SRT-10 QC truck comes out with a factory bedcover (but i'm not 100% sure) I think somebody here can tell this exactly. A quad cab truck with or without a factory bedcover have different spoilers on the rear..

Okay thanks. I think i will give the custums a call. It's better to be sure about this. Why do you think there is a different? Maybe because of the QC should be more used as a worktruck.

Good info about the bedcover! I'm learning more and more everyday :)

Welcome home Rick and your English is as good as anyone else's. It is wonderful to add yet another European member to this great place. I wish you lots of luck in your quest to find the right truck for you. Be sure to include pictures WHEN you get it.:D

Venom Power said:
Welcome home Rick and your English is as good as anyone else's. It is wonderful to add yet another European member to this great place. I wish you lots of luck in your quest to find the right truck for you. Be sure to include pictures WHEN you get it.:D

Thank you Venom! And i've got to say, indeed it's a great place overhere :rock:

I hope to learn a lot from you guys..

Last edited:
Venom Power said:
AWESOME PIC!! :rock: Did you make that?

SRT-10 OF SWEDEN said:
Welcome to the circus and don't feed the animals....:D :D ;)

Stefan...

But, I'm getting HUNGRY.:D

Welcome, Rick...PLEASE deal with the members of this sight before you go to a STEALER, I mean dealer:rolleyes:.
You'll be much better off.:top:

P.S. This Zoo may be your kind of circus.:proud:

:ciao:

Last edited:
I have a 2005 Black QC w/ ALL factory options, plus a JMB CAI (w/ oil catch-can), Magnaflow Cat-Back muffler, and Stage 2 Computer..... She has 24000 miles, and never raced. Nice shape.... for $34000 USD. :) I can drop her off at the port of your choice, if you like (I am in Florida, USA). :eek:

OH! ... And welcome to the site, from across the pond. :rock:

Welcome to the forum.:D
I only have a Silver one up for sale.;)
Good Luck on the search...there are a lot of well taken care of trucks here.

Rick1976 said:
So the 22%+19%? And maybe because off the fact that you didn't buy a QC?

If I have to pay 10% for a QC and 22% for a RC, it's not a very hard decision for me ;)

I also paid 22% import (commercial vehicle, grijs kenteken:mad: ) and 21% TAV on top of sales/shipping price

SRT/10-AMSTERDAM said:
Yes i'm sure Jan.. I must pay 19% normal tax and 10% import tax over the total price of the truck with shipping.. My buddy bought a silver 2005 Hemi Dayona singel cab in Florida and imported the truck to Holland and he must pay 19% normal tax and 22% import tax. We bought both trucks in 2007.. I don't know if the rules are changed right now but i think it's better to make a phonecall and ask the customs before he will import a truck to Holland..

Hi Elwin,

I've called to the customs today. They told me if it's a passenger car then it's 10% inport tax. And if it's a grey licence plate <2800 cc then it's 10% and if it's >2800 cc then it is 22%.

With your story i dont get it anymore... Little confused here :confused:

Rick1976 said:
Hi Elwin,

I've called to the customs today. They told me if it's a passenger car then it's 10% inport tax. And if it's a grey licence plate <2800 cc then it's 10% and if it's >2800 cc then it is 22%.

:dito: :questionmark: :ahhhhh:

Maybe being a dutch man he found a way arround it?:flute: :hmmmm:
If you know someone at customs they might 'overlook' the customcode of this grey licence plate and take it for a personal car?:dontknow:

Rick1976 said:
Hi Elwin,

Very stange :dontknow: I payed 10% import tax for sure :top:
You can also ask the shipping company in Holland beause they can help you with the the import but also with the paperwork.. My shipper said before i bought my truck 10% on a QC and 22% on a SC.. When i picked up my SRT/10 in Holland, i must pay the 10% import tax as promissed..

SRT/10-AMSTERDAM said:
Very stange :dontknow: I payed 10% import tax for sure :top:
You can also ask the shipping company in Holland beause they can help you with the the import but also with the paperwork.. My shipper said before i bought my truck 10% on a QC and 22% on a SC.. When i picked up my SRT/10 in Holland, i must pay the 10% import tax as promissed..

I called again today. What they now said was almost the same, but i think i get it know. It depends on the custom employee who is working that day ;)
When they see your car as a passenger car (with a front row and a second row seat at the back)(QC) then you have to pay 10%. But if the car is on a grey licence plate (RC) then you pay 22%. But the officer said if it's a person car you have to pay the BPM and the 10%.

I guess there is a workaround. And you followed it.

But did you import your truck yourself or with a shipping company? VDS is very expensive so that's no option for me (+/- 6000 euro)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back