Newbie, which exhaust, lowering?

05SRT-10Quad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newbie here, just picked up a new "leftover" Black 05 Quad Cab on Saturday. LOVE the truck!:rock:

Got a few questions for the seasoned members of the board. What exhaust do you recommend and who has the best prices on them? Also what kind of power gains can I expect from an upgraded exhaust?

Also what's a good way to lower this rig a couple of inches?

I am also planning on doing a K&N for now:)

Thanks!
Guilly

PS. I'm TRDSupra on Viperalley for those of you on that board as well:)

You having a QC I would recommend getting a flash also. You won't see much gains with the exhaust. You will see more if you drop the cats or go with hi-flows. You can lose the rear cats and not need sims. Magnaflow is a good deal for the exhaust. Lowering kit is Boomer all the way. There are other kits out there that may be a little cheaper. But Boomers is quality work and great service. And he owns an SRT-10 and uses the parts on his truck also. On the K&N you might be better off with just a drop in filter. That just depends on what you want. Not much HP gains with the intake but the sound will be improved with the CAI. Welcome to the forum.

Smoke

Talk to Boomer on here. He'll hook you up with a Magnaflow exhaust and his lowering kit is second to none. Like Smoke said, for a QC a computer flash is by far the best bang for the buck mod you can do. You won't believe the difference. Boomer can hook you up with that as well.

If you PM Boomer he'll get back to you pretty quickly, he can be hard to get on the phone.

call dc performance for the flash and t-stat, call premier truck accessories for the magnaflo and drop in k&n filter.

TrdSupra! Glad to see ya here! welcome to the family, we are just about as nutts as the "alley"

congrats on the purchase!

overview

the QC's are severly detuned, a flash will gie the best hp fo rthe buck, also changes fan control, and shift points, and trq management.What was the price guys? $500?:dontknow:

Exhaust, catback, most go with the magnaflow to get rid of the ups sound:D most are around $450-$500

Headers, well the only way to go here is long tubes, they give a sustantial amount of gain. Also do a cat delet of at least the upper cats, or allt ogether if ya can.Many vendors here also carry mid pipes. long tubes $1500-$2000 depending on mids or not

Cai's well most here say there is no real gain and a drop in is best, but go with what ya like, bling, no bling. $50-$300

Lowering kits. I have to say Gary has the best kits, but you may want to talk with him personally to see exactly what you want, there are many differnt modls for the qc's, including completley replacing the rear springs with the RC springs for better ride and control. need to talk with Gary to determine price

To be fair to all, check the vendors list, we have alot of great people here, and dont be afraid to ask any question! Even if its about ..........:D

Dont take ANYTHING here personal, we do get outtahand....well some of us, take no offense:D

Lots of good get to gethers, where are you located?

but our Vendors here are super
X-metal Boomer is prbably the most loved
Premier trucking gives great service and quick
ah heck they all do great.

Stinker said:
TrdSupra! Glad to see ya here! welcome to the family, we are just about as nutts as the "alley"

congrats on the purchase!

overview

the QC's are severly detuned, a flash will gie the best hp fo rthe buck, also changes fan control, and shift points, and trq management.What was the price guys? $500?:dontknow:

Exhaust, catback, most go with the magnaflow to get rid of the ups sound:D most are around $450-$500

Headers, well the only way to go here is long tubes, they give a sustantial amount of gain. Also do a cat delet of at least the upper cats, or allt ogether if ya can.Many vendors here also carry mid pipes. long tubes $1500-$2000 depending on mids or not

Cai's well most here say there is no real gain and a drop in is best, but go with what ya like, bling, no bling. $50-$300

Lowering kits. I have to say Gary has the best kits, but you may want to talk with him personally to see exactly what you want, there are many differnt modls for the qc's, including completley replacing the rear springs with the RC springs for better ride and control. need to talk with Gary to determine price

To be fair to all, check the vendors list, we have alot of great people here, and dont be afraid to ask any question! Even if its about ..........:D

Dont take ANYTHING here personal, we do get outtahand....well some of us, take no offense:D

Lots of good get to gethers, where are you located?

but our Vendors here are super
X-metal Boomer is prbably the most loved
Premier trucking gives great service and quick
ah heck they all do great.
:withstupid: :dito: :dito:

Thanks for the info guys. How do I get a hold of DC Performance for the flash upgrade? I assume this will not void the warranty?

BTW I'm in Phoenix, AZ.

Thanks again:)
Guilly

Thanks for the link!

Will the flash reprogram void the warranty?

As far as the race day/BBQ, I would go if it wasn't for the fact that the weekend after that I'm going to the Vegas Supra meet, doing car stuff 2 weekends in a row would be tough!

Stinker said:
www.dcperformance.com great tuner there,Chris is awesome

Yeah I heard you had a kick ass supra, worthy of defeating most any viper!;)

On the flash alot of guys buy an extra pcm as it will void the warranty, and have it flashed and keep the stock one put up, just in case anything happens.

Welcome to the RBC dude. Enjoy our little slice of madness on the internet! Excellent advise in the pervious posts.......,those are some of the "must have" mods............ so warm up the cc and git er done!! LOL

patrick

Stinker said:
On the flash alot of guys buy an extra pcm as it will void the warranty, and have it flashed and keep the stock one put up, just in case anything happens.

This is good advice. Tony can be smart sometimes, not often, but it happens. Anyway get a new PCM that has the flash on it. Then you can just drop in the stock PCM if you need to tow or if you need some warranty work. 3 screws and 3 plugs is all it takes to change a PCM. Be sure to start with the bottom screw.

Smoke

FlyingLow said:
This is good advice. Tony can be smart sometimes, not often, but it happens. Anyway get a new PCM that has the flash on it. Then you can just drop in the stock PCM if you need to tow or if you need some warranty work. 3 screws and 3 plugs is all it takes to change a PCM. Be sure to start with the bottom screw.

Smoke
Shit happens as well :p

Thanks for the info!:)

I still got my Supra:

supra_1913_3365708

supra_1913_7885041

My Viper's plate reads "KLRVPER";)

Stinker said:
Yeah I heard you had a kick ass supra, worthy of defeating most any viper!;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back