Newbie, which exhaust, lowering?

Thanks. I have not ran this particular Supra (no cage so I would get kicked out). A previous 6speed Supra I had went 10.41 @ 139.6 MPH in Vegas on 17" drag radials. Best MPH in PHX was 143.2 MPH on a pass on which I tripped the lights and sat for ~2 seconds then launched, I didn't have a cage in it so I didn't want to get booted;) That Supra made 60 RWHP less than my current Supra, so this one should be at least as quick as that one.

Stinker said:
I heard it was pretty sick! doesnt it run somewhere in the low 10's or so?

Boomer's lowering kit is great. Easy DIY as well. One piece of advise...when you install the rear kit, tighten the shit out of the u-bolt nuts. Between 120-150 ft lbs. Originally, I used an impact wrench to tighten and didn't torque them. Last week I went back in to check the nuts and found that they were just a little more than finger tight. The thought of those coming loose at 80 mph makes me run to the crapper. I also put thread locker on the bolts to be sure.

05SRT-10Quad said:
Thanks. I have not ran this particular Supra (no cage so I would get kicked out). A previous 6speed Supra I had went 10.41 @ 139.6 MPH in Vegas on 17" drag radials. Best MPH in PHX was 143.2 MPH on a pass on which I tripped the lights and sat for ~2 seconds then launched, I didn't have a cage in it so I didn't want to get booted;) That Supra made 60 RWHP less than my current Supra, so this one should be at least as quick as that one.

Holy shit what can I say....................thats the coolest Supra I have ever seen!!! Its like a fricken magazine car!!!! I saved those pics to my pc. Love that plate too!!!

I can only imagine how much cash you have in it!:dontknow: Lots I imagine, I have heard Supra's are pricey to mod.

patrick

Thanks for the compliments!:) Modding the Supra is not cheap but it's actually not that expensive.

mauiSRT/10 said:
Holy shit what can I say....................thats the coolest Supra I have ever seen!!! Its like a fricken magazine car!!!! I saved those pics to my pc. Love that plate too!!!

I can only imagine how much cash you have in it!:dontknow: Lots I imagine, I have heard Supra's are pricey to mod.

patrick

Kick ass Supra bro.....

Hey me and Iltemprd and maybe a yellow fever as well are driving up to cali from Tucson for the GTG. How bout it, lets go...:driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :burnout:

Izzy

05srt

PM if you have modding Q's....I have done most things twice on my QC....:D ....no need to repeat mistakes....

Hope you re-consider the 23rd....:rock:

Thanks for the compliment!

Is this the event in Cali? You guys are making it tempting!;)

SRT-IZ-4me said:
Kick ass Supra bro.....

Hey me and Iltemprd and maybe a yellow fever as well are driving up to cali from Tucson for the GTG. How bout it, lets go...:driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :burnout:

Izzy

05SRT-10Quad said:
Thanks for the compliment!

Is this the event in Cali? You guys are making it tempting!;)

See above....

Famoso in Bakersfield.....30 SRTs.....50 people....12 Ford L's and a very fast track at 635'.....ohhh and 675lbs of food....:D

Yeah, its in Bakersfield and believe me, it will be well worth it. We also went (flew) to Columbus for the Mopar Nationals and im deffinetly going back next year. There was about 20 trucks there and we had a blast!!! I think this one is going to top it...:D ...:rock: .....Just check out the list on the
"West Coast Race GTG" thread.

Last edited:
Nowwhat make sure Izzy stays away from th chicken bones!!!!:p

The women will go wild!!!!!!!

I'm counting on you to take care of this for me!:D

05SRT.......Bud I tell ya what I would miss the supra event in a heartbeat just to meet this bunch of guys, dude you will have a blast and meet frinds that will last a lifetime:D

Stinker said:
Nowwhat make sure Izzy stays away from th chicken bones!!!!:p

The women will go wild!!!!!!!

I'm counting on you to take care of this for me!:D

LOLOLOL...well then im bringing my own!!:D

05SRT-10Quad said:
A) What exhaust do you recommend and who has the best prices on them? Also what kind of power gains can I expect from an upgraded exhaust?

B) Also what's a good way to lower this rig a couple of inches?

Thanks!
Guilly

Sup Guilly, I personally would go with a drop in filter, no substantial power gains from a CAI for the price. Also I would consider flowmasters for exhaust, lower, growly overall sound which I like.

Lowering kit seems to be unanimous around here with Boomers kit, just let him know how low you want to go. :D

Either way you will enjoy your ride, welcome to the forums :star:

Can't miss the Supra meet, I have been to every Supra meet since it started in 1997 and it's tons of fun:)

I may still go to this gig in Cali, we'll see:rock:

Nowwhat, thanks for the "knowledge offer", you will definitely be one of the first people I ask for advice on mods:D

Again thanks to everyone for the compliments and help!

Stinker said:
05SRT.......Bud I tell ya what I would miss the supra event in a heartbeat just to meet this bunch of guys, dude you will have a blast and meet frinds that will last a lifetime:D

Stinker said:
I wouldnt ask nowwhat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he pisses in the yard to keep the deer away:dontknow: :p :D

now theres something you dont hear everyday lol im sure it works tho. :D

LOLOLOL yeah we need to ask him about his deer problem!!!

they were eating everything in the yard!!!!!

and his yard is ......welll.......kinda expensive!LOLOL

comon Nowwhat tell us? Has the wife caught ya peein inthe bush yet??????:D

Well, everyone who is in the know has given you the best advice.

Welcome to the family and I hope you keep on Postin.

Back