no clutch!!

05RamSRTkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck has barely 26k on it. I put little if any strain on my motor and clutch. Anyways Friday mornin the truck started fine ran and shifted just fine. That afternoon goin to lunch I went to start it and the clutch was incredibly loose. The truck started and now there is little to no pressure on the pedal and getting it into gear takes a bit. Its almost as if there is no clutch at all. It goes but with some pressure. Any ideas of what this is. I am taking it to the stealership tomorrow. Thnks

let me ask a serious question here... why would mopar provide a viper car with
a metal clutch master slave cylinder and a truck, which weighs a ton or two more,
a plastic master and slave cylinder?

so here is the big question. Is it covered under warranty and if not how far am I going to have to bend over to get this taken care of. Remember Im a poor boy from MD

not sure what you mean. I keep it serviced reuglarly. all fluids topped off. Never had a problem with it before or any other of my vehicles. all Manual Trannys

I had the same problem with about 12k miles on my truck. They replaced everything - clutch, flywheel, master and slave cylinder under the warranty. You should be just fine. At some point I need to upgrade.

Anyone know of a reputable clutch guy in AZ?????

ps I just added you on myspace.

"In service" means when the truck was first sold and put into use.That determines the expiration date of your warranty .Mine expires next February.You have an 05,so you should be ok (I think,if it is 3yrs/36k)
I would think your mileage is less than 36k ?

TheMoparConnection said:
yep.. as long as you're within 3years/36k...you are good.
Good for what? Replacement with the same plastic parts?
If Dodge replaces with upgraded parts, what's *supposed* to come with the warranty replacement parts? Master? Slave? Clutch? Flywheel? Labor?

Who determines if the clutch is toast or if it's just the master/slave cylinder that's causing the shifting problems?

If this is a known problem with all the trucks, why isn't there a TSB for it?
I mean, we're not talking about 400,000 minivans here.

You make a good point. Trust me, I biotched and moaned at my service manager to put in the REAL viper parts and not this plastic crap. He just blurted out a bunch of shinanigans.

He's good because he won't have to pay for it (now). After his warranty runs out, He's SOL IMO. Those of us that are in the same boat, including myself, are ALL SOL. Start saving for that performance clutch now. Something like 9xx.xx on JMB's site.

Do we all have the ltd power train warranty for 8yrs/80k? I have it, anyhow. Any idea what that's going to cover? Engine and tranny??? Sorry to hi-jack.

TheMoparConnection said:
its not your clutch... its your clutch master and slave.

yep, i agree.

thats right, the replacement plastic parts... if it needs a clutch, well clutch and flywheel is 12/12. to be honest i have no issues with the factory components. yeah replaced my slave and master, but clutch is still ticking with 28k and who knows how many times down the track. i couldnt tell you why there's not a tsb

If you own an RC expect the clutch system to go.....................its gonna go because it was fubar'd off the factory floor..........the hydrolics suck, the 04's with 4:10 gearing makes it even worse. Save your cash, your gonna need it down the road!!!

Kid, good luck getting the dealer to fix it, I hope they come though for ya.............my dealer...........ha, warranty, swarranty........ get out your credit card!!:(

patrick

Hnrthefallen said:
I had the same problem with about 12k miles on my truck. They replaced everything - clutch, flywheel, master and slave cylinder under the warranty. You should be just fine. At some point I need to upgrade.

Anyone know of a reputable clutch guy in AZ?????

ps I just added you on myspace.
Yup, same thing happened to the wifes (mrssrt10) RC.... Only it happened at 10K miles.

Unfortunetly the Clutch only has a 12K mile limit on it, but I am pretty sure that if you explain to the Service Writer that there are many SRT10's with this issue, you should be able to get it covered under warranty.

You can even have your Service Writer call mine. Melloy Dodge (Albuquerque, NM) ask for Chris. Have him remind Chris it was Ron's (wth the Black and Blue SRT8 Charger. Chris will know who) wifes SRT10 that they replaced the entire Clutch system....

Good luck bro.

And Hnrthefallen, Give Arizona Power and Sound. Ask for Mike. He is a top notch Mechanic.

Last edited:
thanks guys. I am goin to take it in today. As long as I can get it fixed I think I will be ok. Of course they will most likely tell me I need a new clutch but thats not true. Ill be quite content with my plastic parts for now and definately take the advice and start savin for the upgrade

05RamSRTkid said:
thanks guys. I am goin to take it in today. As long as I can get it fixed I think I will be ok. Of course they will most likely tell me I need a new clutch but thats not true. Ill be quite content with my plastic parts for now and definately take the advice and start savin for the upgrade

Well they have to remove the ttrans to replace the slave, so very little labor if you also do need a clutch.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back