no clutch!!

You can fix it for ever, or you can fix it for the short term.

If you are willing to put a little money into it go with the CenterForce clutch, Viper slave and master...and be done with the problem...or you can go the warranty route with oem parts and do it again later with out warranty support...

I opt for do it right the first time...

well since it should be covered under warranty Im not goin to pay for anything. I have a 96 Jeep Cherokee wit about 190k miles on it. The tranny and all components are all original and have never gone out or given any problems. at 26k miles on an 05 this should not be happening. not to mention my Power sterring pump has been actin wierd and the last time i had it serviced the damn thing was leakin. im gettin that replaced too. oh well Im playin the waitin game now. the truck is at the stealership.

05RamSRTkid said:
well since it should be covered under warranty Im not goin to pay for anything. I have a 96 Jeep Cherokee wit about 190k miles on it. The tranny and all components are all original and have never gone out or given any problems. at 26k miles on an 05 this should not be happening. .

Consider yourself lucky.............mine went at 3k miles!!!

patrick

just got a call. Power steering pump is going (warranty) woohoo. cooling lines going ( warranty ) woohoo. Master Cylinder goin (warranty).

here it comes.... $200 just to start, removing the tranny to inspect the clutch. I pay nothing if its a warranty issue. Otherwise I bend over and let them stick it to me. Figures, right after I spend a little money, new phone exhaust, right when I start bein able to have some fun I get screwed. Damn this sucks.

It's my bet that you will be doing this again...but totally at your expense. If you were to consider going to the better parts now...you will give up warranty but you will probably still not have to pay labor. Soooooo, your savings now will cost you more later...you have the opportunity to get the right parts in at the expense of Chrysler...next time, and that time will come, you will pay parts and labor.

But its your truck...what ever you do...have a ball!

Kid- find out if they're going to put the plastic master/slave in there, or the metal Viper master/slave.
If they say "Plastic", then play the "...but it's a Viper. Why wouldn't you put the Viper master/slave cylinder in? I thought you were a 5-star tech..." card. See how that works out.

Roy's correct about his "cheap now; expensive later" description. Go get some lube because that $200 is going to turn into $2000 very, VERY quickly.

wildman

As many people that are having problems with the plastic crap, looks like they would recall the RC's and just replace it.

Wade

Kevan said:
Kid- find out if they're going to put the plastic master/slave in there, or the metal Viper master/slave.
If they say "Plastic", then play the "...but it's a Viper. Why wouldn't you put the Viper master/slave cylinder in? I thought you were a 5-star tech..." card. See how that works out.

Roy's correct about his "cheap now; expensive later" description. Go get some lube because that $200 is going to turn into $2000 very, VERY quickly.

Or offer to pay the difference between plastic and metal.Really can't put in words how much better this is.

I will pull that card if necessary to avoid future problems. And I agree completely that I should upgrade now to avoid future expenses later. However my pocket book is a little short now and producing that kind of cash up front is going to be a bit out of reach. the labor I know will kill me. If I could find a vendor willing to do payment plans it might be a possibility. this is my only way of transportation, I cant afford not to have it on the road.
Still waitin on the phone call

Put it on the Visa and pay monthly...or ask Nowwhat for a loan...he is loaded.

wish I could. the only card i have is a bank card. For some reason I cannot get approved for a credit card. Not enough credit history. guess thats a good thing though since I am a modaholic it would already be maxed out. its past 5 now guess I will have to wait till tomorrow to hear from them.

Mods are the name of the game...was thinking about pimping my wife...but, was afraid that no one would want her...had to come up with a different strategy.

haha i dont even have a gf to do that to. I do have a kidney Im not usin and maybe even a testicle haha. might sell off some stuff around the house. but come to think of it I really dont have much worth anything. Ill figure something out

Bottom line is the master/slave units in these trucks are garbage. Accountants won but the customers lost... I have had two trucks and driven them 20,000 miles...replaced 3 master/slave units.

Each time, the OEM master/slave units were on back order with 30-50 in queue.

I have about 700,000 miles on other std vehicles in my life time and never replaced an OEM master/slave unit from failure.

My 5 star dealer wouldnt replace the OEM with an alternate part due to warranty billing procedures.

That BS.
If it a know problem, how come Dodge doesn't make it right. When you pay this much for a vehicle, you expect some kind of quality in what you buy. I haven't had any problems as of yet, but it is concerning.
I got a 92 Pontiac Bonnieville SSEI, and it got over 201K and it doesn't use a drop of oil, and still runs like a 4 year old loaded up on Kool Aid.
After reading this thread, I'm glad I took out the extended warranty now.

Prof said:
Mods are the name of the game...was thinking about pimping my wife...but, was afraid that no one would want her...had to come up with a different strategy.

Prof,

If this gets to your wife, you're a walking dead man............

05ramsrtkid,

Labor is paid for..........if you can afford the difference in the cost of parts, now is the time to make everything right..........you can fix it later, but you will have to pay parts and labor at that time........only you can make the choice.

Good luck,

Lee

iraqivet01 said:
That BS.
If it a know problem, how come Dodge doesn't make it right. When you pay this much for a vehicle, you expect some kind of quality in what you buy. I haven't had any problems as of yet, but it is concerning.
I got a 92 Pontiac Bonnieville SSEI, and it got over 201K and it doesn't use a drop of oil, and still runs like a 4 year old loaded up on Kool Aid.
After reading this thread, I'm glad I took out the extended warranty now.

Sorry to be the so called expert .... but my truck started having these problems in Feb '04 at 700 miles..... 4 clutches 2 flywheels and a tranny later Dodge threw their hands up.... I tried to lemon law the truck but Dodge said, "well now you have a Paxton, your warranty is null and void anyway".... No lawyer would take my case....

I finally upgraded the hydraulic system and haven't had any problems for over 12,000 miles.....

Don't get me started on this subject...... I could rave on (about it) forever....:mad:

D

CarolinaSRT10 said:
If this gets to your wife, you're a walking dead man............

What is she going to do withhold sex???? She knows her place in this household, and so do I...now I have to go clean the toilets..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back