NOS

500snakz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think a 150 shot would hold in stock internals? Or would there be a new window in the block? Should bring around 610 at wheels.:burnout:

150 shot brought my rwhp to 602, love it. Probably ran 20 bottles thru mine now and it will not use 1 pint of oil between changes. Of course, the next pass could be the last....

A number of guys here use the bottle...... They swear everything's Ok.....

I'm not a fan myself.......... But, I take a lotta shit for it, too.....

The bottom ends of these motors are kind'a iffy sometimes..... Ya never know.

Best bet for me would be to forge the bottom end first.....

But, then again... I'm old and don't like to spend money uneccesarily....

D

trucks heavy, load factor is the biggest problem when it comes to tuning it.

500snakz said:
Do you guys think a 150 shot would hold in stock internals? Or would there be a new window in the block? Should bring around 610 at wheels.:burnout:

the safe answer is no..but you will get away with doing it every now and then.

Be prepared to lay out about 1200 bucks to get the essentials needed for a safe Nitrous system.

nx kit 600

msd window swithch 150?
tps switch 100
ngk plugs 35
bottle heater 100
aem wideband 200

dyno nx tuning 250???
plus wiring, switches, relays etc

FATJACK said:
???????????
i believe the main reason why the engines dont last in our trucks (with forced induction) but they seem to be just fine in a 03-06 viper is the extra weight of the truck. when you get on the gas there is an extra load factor because of the weight of the truck.
ie...towing puts more stress on an engine because of extra weight, its just overlooked, take the truck to the limit you going to do damage to the engine. I actually think a reasonable shot of NOS is safer than a blower on a stock truck. plus you could spray the top end of 2nd, 3rd & 4th...the truck is moving and has less of a burden on the engine. guys are spraying 200 shots on there genIII...even 300 shots on a GenII.
picture drag racing your viper towing a 2000+ pound trailer...you know what im saying

BurntRubber said:
i believe the main reason why the engines dont last in our trucks (with forced induction) but they seem to be just fine in a 03-06 viper is the extra weight of the truck. when you get on the gas there is an extra load factor because of the weight of the truck.
ie...towing puts more stress on an engine because of extra weight, its just overlooked, take the truck to the limit you going to do damage to the engine. I actually think a reasonable shot of NOS is safer than a blower on a stock truck. plus you could spray the top end of 2nd, 3rd & 4th...the truck is moving and has less of a burden on the engine. guys are spraying 200 shots on there genIII...even 300 shots on a GenII.
picture drag racing your viper towing a 2000+ pound trailer...you know what im saying

Interesting perspective.....

I believe a Paxton with 7-8 lbs psi is safer than NOS, but both would be risky......

Just an opinion....

D

Django said:
Interesting perspective.....

I believe a Paxton with 7-8 lbs psi is safer than NOS, but both would be risky......

Just an opinion....

D

i meant being able to turn off the NOS completely, would be safer.

i had to be taught that you cant just floor it showing 1500 on the tach in 4th gear and expect the engine to last very long...your building boost but lugging the truck. yeah, Scott had his paxton on forever and had no problems, think he had a DC tune too, pretty conservative 7#s

Here's an 05 stock QC with a basic zex kit.

This run was made with the stage2 and race gas. This truck ran over 50 passes with no problems other than blowing up the stock airbox due to hotlapping. Please make sure you run a 2 step lower plug and wait about an hour inbetween the runs.

I was kicking around the idea of 2 air boxes and a 75 shot on each. Is that even a good idea?

I'm shooting a 150 shot and pushing over 600hp:rock:
Cheap go fast HP:D I'll take my chances with Nitrous compared to a Roe or a Paxton(which both are very good systems) but take a look at the timeslip section, alot of NOS trucks in the top 25!

im running a 175 - 300 shot, more 175 shot then ne thing :) never had a problem but then again im not stock :p:D :D :D :D :D

FATJACK said:
I still gotcha in the 1/8th!!!!:p :p :p
one day i will have your 1/8milr time and then i can combine that with my big end time and i'll have one hell of a time lol.... sohould be in the low 11's haha:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back