OIL UNDER TRUCK!!!!!! Not good!

Blakewilder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any ideas what may have caused this??? I went out to the truck and saw about a 6" in diameter circle of oil....So, I popped the hood and there was oil misted up on the intake manifold and dripped down onto the sparkplug sock on the first plug on the drivers side. It came out of the Crankcase evac breather which had come loose and was pointing downward instead of upwards. I did notice a miss when I drove it to the store. So, I removed the breather and retightened it and the miss stopped and no oil since...But it scared the crap outta me.

The truck shakes alot now at idle because of the rumble of the cam (which I like alot "D) so I think it just came loose from the vibration.....

Any ideas??? Dave said I might have a vacuum leak so I checked all of the lines and didnt see any....so maybe it cause a loss of vacuum when the breather got loose....?????

Did you check the oil? If it's low, then I would just take Nowwhat's advice.;) :D

When you run the truck hard it builds an enormous amount of pressure. More than likely you simply popped the breather at some point. You could run a catch can mounted in the old battery box or off the front radiator supports. You'll be amazed how much ends up in there. Just keep an eye on your oil level. You don't want that thing getting low, at all.

The odds you've done any real damage is unlikley. Just stay on top of the fluid level, you'll be fine. You ran that truck pretty hard at bradenton, so it doesn't surprise me. Do you have an aftermarket oil guage in the truck? You'll blow the sensor out of the one in the truck if you don't.

With the boost you are running Blake you need a breather system off each valve cover, and no pvc system,

Just run a braided 8 or10an line from the valve cover to a moroso catch can or breather can, it is best to run them to the back of the truck , but mine is under the hood, you will get some smoke under hard acceleration but that is just the internal pressure of the engine, but you do need to constantly keep check on the oil you will consume oil witht he boost.
But if you run individual breathers , remove the pvc system, you will have no more problems.

Do you have an aftermarket oil pressure guage?

Blake with the amount of Boost you are running....you want to run with the valve covers off....just pull 'em....

Nowwhat said:
Blake with the amount of Boost you are running....you want to run with the valve covers off....just pull 'em....

HAHAHA, thats the funniest thing ive read in a while...thank you mike :rock:

Blake I think you have had enough fun with this build...don't put a new engine in, just rebuild this one one more time...I'd do it just to be on the safe side;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back