Opinions on new exhaust upgrade

King Kong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removing: only two rear cats & Dump Truck muffler
Adding: one 12â€￾ X-PIPE in front of two 26â€￾ POWERSTICK Classic Chambered mufflers. Wondering if I should keep the stock resonator, I have an 05 RC and I want as little in-cab drone as possible with this setup. But if it completely defeats the purpose of the Powersticks, then I'll remove it. Everything else on the exhaust is stock and I am keeping the upgrades at 2.5" diameter in/outlets. $177.00 for parts shipped, haven't got a quote for install yet. I believe this is the least expensive way to get the viper sound out of these trucks IMO. Lemme know what you think about the setup and what I should expect to pay for install. Thanks!:D

I went with an X pipe and nothing else...sounded like shit.

Now have full cat delete and just the MagnaFlow muffler...sounds fine.

I spoke with Eric Sauls, president over at Classic Chambered upon purchase of the pipes today and he can't fabricate my size (26") this week, he has a show next week and will complete the mufflers when he gets back. He seems pretty cool so far and he sent me this teaser...A 2006 Viper before (stock) and after with headers, stock or hi flo cats:dontknow: , and a set of Powersticks...I'm in love...The stock '06 Viper sounds a lot like our stock truck in this video IMO, so I'm optimistic!!!:rock:

http://www.pod9.com/ant/viper/viper_exhaust_v01.wmv

oh one more thing about that Viper in the video...he bought 2.5" tips on his powersticks and ran them on his 3" pipes, so he needed reducers. Not sure if that's better or worse for him.

hey i put 2 turbo tube mufflers on my truck about 6 months ago, and deleted the resonator. love the way that it sounds especially at idle. i now have a rattle in one of the muffler (think i broke a weld in the muffler) so i ordered 2 of the classic chambered mufflers that u are talking about. i ordered them last week and he said that he would be able to get them sent monday. i should have them some time this week. o and i there is not any drone in the cab with the turbo tubes. they were 18 inch mufflers. very loud love them. when i put the new mufflers on i am thinking about deleting the cats but i dont want to void the warranty.

Cool, I'd love to see how the shorter mufflers sound on our truck! I was worried they might be too loud, but who knows??? I believe the Viper in the video has 20", Eric says those are his most popular sized mufflers aside from the 16's. I am sure that the Classic's are a better quality build over the Turbo's :rock:

ya i am sure that they will be. one of the nice things about the turbos is that they were only 30 dollars apeace.

King Kong said:
Cool, I'd love to see how the shorter mufflers sound on our truck! I was worried they might be too loud, but who knows??? I believe the Viper in the video has 20", Eric says those are his most popular sized mufflers aside from the 16's. I am sure that the Classic's are a better quality build over the Turbo's :rock:

Allright, I had to sign-up here! King, the Viper in the video is running the long ones - 26" long bodies. They are 3" all the way through. On the Turbo Tube subject, I was working for Tenneco (Walker/Dynomax/Thrush/Monroe) when we killed these mufflers - they were a Thrush product, & a LOT of people liked them. The bean counters actually killed them - it was around 2000 sometime when I was working at the aftermarket engineering center. The only thing I did not like about the Turbo Tubes, is they ALL had 1-7/8" inner flowpaths, which is entirely too small for any V-8 in my book. Plus, they had 18-gauge core material which meant they rusted out pretty fast. They also popped, crackled, & snapped a lot on decel & in-between shifts. Some people like that, & a lot don't. I've engineered that all out, & the smallest core I build is 2-1/4". The Turbo Tubes had a lot of followers while they lasted, but they really didn't flow very high cfm's. I'm looking forward to the forums here.

Welcome!

Nothing better than getting technical expertise as a new member of the family!

Enjoy.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back