Opinions on new exhaust upgrade

Powerstick said:
Allright, I had to sign-up here! King, the Viper in the video is running the long ones - 26" long bodies. They are 3" all the way through. On the Turbo Tube subject, I was working for Tenneco (Walker/Dynomax/Thrush/Monroe) when we killed these mufflers - they were a Thrush product, & a LOT of people liked them. The bean counters actually killed them - it was around 2000 sometime when I was working at the aftermarket engineering center. The only thing I did not like about the Turbo Tubes, is they ALL had 1-7/8" inner flowpaths, which is entirely too small for any V-8 in my book. Plus, they had 18-gauge core material which meant they rusted out pretty fast. They also popped, crackled, & snapped a lot on decel & in-between shifts. Some people like that, & a lot don't. I've engineered that all out, & the smallest core I build is 2-1/4". The Turbo Tubes had a lot of followers while they lasted, but they really didn't flow very high cfm's. I'm looking forward to the forums here.

Welcome! Heard alot of good stuff about the powersticks and got to hear them personally on world fastest SRT 10. I will be installing some of these on my srt and ditching the crappy mangaflow

FerrariTruck "got to hear them personally on world fastest SRT 10" [/QUOTE said:
Seriously? I've never had any feedback from a customer with a Viper Ram, nor did I know about this truck you mention. What's the details on this truck?

Thanks, -Eric

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_QwDzQeFBM

this a vid of the truck sir. After Mr brady managed to run the 300 shot of nitrous on top of the 750 hp the SC engine put out, the B&B exhaust on it blew apart. He then went ahead and ordered the \mufflers you have and had them installed. I dont think he posted much on it and only a few folks got to see it. The new owner of the truck has not posted on here in a while.

But believe it or not those are on the truck now

That's pretty awesome - thanks. But no matter what you do to a V-10 exhaust, it will still never sound like a V-8! The nature of the beast.

Does the record still stand?

Record still stands but there is an all out assault in progress.

There is a way to make the V10 sound like a V8...it involves a great sound system and an outstanding recording on CD!

I love the sound of the Viper engine, it's unique. I don't want a V-8 sound, I want everyone to know I have something special :)

Having a black RC gets you a long way down that road, :rock: :rock: :rock:

So does haveing a Black QC Prof.;)

Do we have a sound clip of the truck with them installed yet?

the least expensive way would be the way i did it... go to a mufflershop have all 4 cats replaced with pipe and slap on a magna flow......out the door was $125

VIPR PWR said:
So does haveing a Black QC Prof.;)

Do we have a sound clip of the truck with them installed yet?

I spoke with Eric today. He said he's shipping them tomorrow :D

Okay so is the shorter Powerstick better or the longer one? I am really contemplating on removing the current Magnaflow muffler then slap in two powdercoated Powersticks with a rear cats delete. I figure that way it'll be a dual exhaust from the headers all the way back out the tails. I wanna keep my current Magnaflow exhaust tips though, I likes 'em. They're grrrrr-REAT!!

Fepony said:
Just make it LOUD...:rock:

Yeah I'm all about... About LOUD, sure I am *sigh* but within reason. Take for instance, I drove a member's QC once. Picture this, no cats, no muffler no resonator.... Are you getting this? :mad:I was annoyed the whole damn time.

Venom Power said:
Yeah I'm all about... About LOUD, sure I am *sigh* but within reason. Take for instance, I drove a member's QC once. Picture this, no cats, no muffler no resonator.... Are you getting this? :mad:I was annoyed the whole damn time.

Gotta still be able to hear the tunes...:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back