Paxton Novi 2000 flow

FL06SRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much will a novi 2000 flow?
I guess my real question is will a set of ported heads outflow the blower? Anyone have any experience with that? Thanks guys for any input wondering which way to go!

I think it depends on how much they have been ported, fstjack and ramfromhell couldn't get the paxton to keep up but I think both had stryker heads.

The Novi 2000 can flow enough for high flow heads, but you will need to run a dedicated belt drive for it and change the pulley. If you change the pulley only you will a lot of belt slip. There is a member on the forum I forgot who it is that is running a dedicated belt on the Paxton with an air to air inter cooler reduces boost as well because of the extra piping without any loss of boost.

Similar set up to the JMB pro charger set up.

The Novi 2000 can flow enough for high flow heads, but you will need to run a dedicated belt drive for it and change the pulley. If you change the pulley only you will a lot of belt slip. There is a member on the forum I forgot who it is that is running a dedicated belt on the Paxton with an air to air inter cooler reduces boost as well because of the extra piping without any loss of boost.

Is that heart attacks truck?

I think it depends on how much they have been ported, fstjack and ramfromhell couldn't get the paxton to keep up but I think both had stryker heads.

Flowing about 300 at .600"
They are not strikers but ported stock heads so makes me wonder hummmm

Where can I find a dedicated belt kit for the Paxton? Thanks!

Mighty1 also has the dedicated drive kit on his Paxton truck.

I have a dedicated belt drive on my paxton with ported heads that a friend and I came up with. My crank pulley for the blower belt is 7.5 inches and 7 groove. I tried that with the stock paxton pulley, 2.85 inches and it slipped. Got that pulley coated and still slipped. Next was a 3.25 inch. It didn't slip but only gave me 5 lbs of boost. Not enough ;) Next I tried a 3 inch 8 groove pulley, made my crank pulley 8 groove and it didn't seem to slip so I got it coated to make sure. That puts the blower pretty close to the max impeller speed suggested by paxton. As soon as the weather cools down some I will be heading to the dyno and hoping for around 700hp which is about the max you can get with a novi 2000 on our trucks I'm told.

Any cog belt kits out there for a paxton? And the highest hp paxton truck i can remember is FLchubs RC that was about 730hp. Anyone tried the novi 2500?

Any cog belt kits out there for a paxton? And the highest hp paxton truck i can remember is FLchubs RC that was about 730hp. Anyone tried the novi 2500?

I'm running 8 psi boost and a mild tune 11.3 A/F WOT and I'm hitting 645RWHP and I'm running a 7" crank pulley with the Blown Away thick mounting brackets with an adjustable belt tightener pulley, I'm getting a little bit of slippage but I think that is from when I let off the throttle at WOT,I would also be real interested in a cog belt drive system for the blower!

And there is a couple guys on here running the Novi2500 but from what I remember they were saying that our engine doesn't spin it fast enough to be worth while or something along that line.???

Last edited:
I'm running 8 psi boost and a mild tune 11.3 A/F WOT and I'm hitting 645RWHP and I'm running a 7" crank pulley with the Blown Away thick mounting brackets with an adjustable belt tightener pulley, I'm getting a little bit of slippage but I think that is from when I let off the throttle at WOT,I would also be real interested in a cog belt drive system for the blower!

And there is a couple guys on here running the Novi2500 but from what I remember they were saying that our engine doesn't spin it fast enough to be worth while or something along that line.???

I saw some flow numbers for the 2500 and and some dyno numbers from a ford engine back to back with the only change being novi 2000 to novi 2500 and it made slightly less hp lower in the rpm range and didn't pass the 2000 until like 6500 rpm if I remember correctly.

I saw some flow numbers for the 2500 and and some dyno numbers from a ford engine back to back with the only change being novi 2000 to novi 2500 and it made slightly less hp lower in the rpm range and didn't pass the 2000 until like 6500 rpm if I remember correctly.

Ok, we'll that makes sense then with what they were saying by we can't spin it fast enough, I'm not to interested in spinning my engine past 6500 RPM.

I can understand that for sure money is hard to come by. I am waiting for my jmb f1 kit to hit my door step any day now. Do you have pics of your set up?

Guys the Novi 2000 can spin up to a max of 55k rpm producing up to 26 psi. The stock system for our trucks spins the blower max somewhere around 33k~35k rpm (7~8 psi) there is a lot left on the table. With the right setup you can get 15 psi out of this blower. I will be testing on mine over the next few months seeing what combinations yield the best results. Of course the fuel system will need to be upgraded before searching for the max the blower can produce.

Just food for thought 1 psi yields approximately 30 hp.

Guys the Novi 2000 can spin up to a max of 55k rpm producing up to 26 psi. The stock system for our trucks spins the blower max somewhere around 33k~35k rpm (7~8 psi) there is a lot left on the table. With the right setup you can get 15 psi out of this blower. I will be testing on mine over the next few months seeing what combinations yield the best results. Of course the fuel system will need to be upgraded before searching for the max the blower can produce.

Just food for thought 1 psi yields approximately 30 hp.

The biggest issue has been belt slip hasn't it?

It has but no one has run a dedicated belt for the blower, and try to max it out. The set up that I have should yield 10 psi without slippage issues if the math was correct.

It has but no one has run a dedicated belt for the blower, and try to max it out. The set up that I have should yield 10 psi without slippage issues if the math was correct.

Alex, Tim is running his own dedicated belt drive and the dude that bought Flip's Paxton kit, is running Doug's dedicated belt drive system, with a front mount that Doug did also.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back