Paxton Novi 2000 flow

Alex, Tim is running his own dedicated belt drive and the dude that bought Flip's Paxton kit, is running Doug's dedicated belt drive system, with a front mount that Doug did also.

I know, but they haven't tried to max out the Paxton yet. Flip's Paxton kit has an Air-to-Air Intercooler which as you know reduces the psi because of all of the extra piping the air needs to go through before getting to the motor. If not mistaken before the kit was install on Flip's truck he was only making about 4~5 psi at 6k rpm. Once the kit was installed I had the opportunity to be given a ride in his truck and it made a solid 8~9 psi. So the kit does work. Just need to find out what the max output is.

With my pulley combo (7.5 inch crank and 3 inch blower) I am at about 53k impeller speed. The stock blower pulley is 2.85 and I was getting slippage even with a coated pulley. Now I could go for that extra couple thousand impeller speed but then I would have to remake my crank pulley bigger and that costs around $700. At this point I am gonna just let it ride...I hope ;)

As everyone has discovered you won't get as much boost with ported heads so there's that as well.

With my pulley combo (7.5 inch crank and 3 inch blower) I am at about 53k impeller speed. The stock blower pulley is 2.85 and I was getting slippage even with a coated pulley. Now I could go for that extra couple thousand impeller speed but then I would have to remake my crank pulley bigger and that costs around $700. At this point I am gonna just let it ride...I hope ;)

As everyone has discovered you won't get as much boost with ported heads so there's that as well.

How much boost are you seeing?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back