PERFORMANCE MODIFICTION QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE

Iv'e got a Calvert traction bar question... How much preload should I put on the bars? Sorry, I know this has probaly been asked a million times.

tsmith3 said:
Iv'e got a Calvert traction bar question... How much preload should I put on the bars? Sorry, I know this has probaly been asked a million times.
with you sitting in it have someone crank them down 1 full turn after they touch the springs.

tsmith3 said:
Thanks Eddie!
not a problem. after you run it you may have to get another 1/2 turn just have to play with it and find out what works best

wyoramsrt-10 said:
When mine shifts it feels like it hits a brick wall for a second.

I had Chris Jensen extend the 3-4 shift to 6000 which helps keeps the engine out of ping range. I know that brick wall you are talking about. When the 3-4 shift took place, my previous tune (factory shift points) would shift early and cause the engine to lug, ping and fall flat. Now it just powers through it. It doesn't help in a 1/4 mile pass but it sure does at higher speeds. The 3-4 shift now happens at 125 m.p.h.

On the down side, the revised 3-4 shift tune (above) gets completely screwed up with the Drag Radials mounted and bounces off of the rev limiter. He thinks it may be because the a.b.s. sensors (with the back ones getting signals at a faster rate than the fronts) are screwing with the tranny.
I will try again this weekend to get to a track and do some much needed test and tuning.

Header Collector Gaskets

What brand, size Header Collector Gasket, bolt circle and material (copper, Aluminum etc..) do you recommend for my Mopar Performance long tube headers? I have a leak due to a failed gasket and need to replace. Thanks

pokeytemplar said:
Stinker,

Do you know if they make cometic Phuzion gaskets for the Viper? I guess the real question is at what levels of power do the MLS gaskets start to fail?

well dude, dont know wht to tell ya , but I have stockers with 1000rwhp and have had no probs with 20lbs of boost:dontknow:

Just wanted to blurt out that I've been getting slammed in the azz by Chrysler over Mopar oil filters for a year.. Just found that out today.. All this time I've been paying $12.00 each from MacHaik Dodge in Houston.. Walmart had them today for $4 and change.. I bought 5 of them..

OH, quick question.. Are the A/C controls supposed to be lit up with the lights on?

Venom Power said:
Just wanted to blurt out that I've been getting slammed in the azz by Chrysler over Mopar oil filters for a year.. Just found that out today.. All this time I've been paying $12.00 each from MacHaik Dodge in Houston.. Walmart had them today for $4 and change.. I bought 5 of them..

OH, quick question.. Are the A/C controls supposed to be lit up with the lights on?

I buy mopar oil filters at the local dealership for $5 ea. :dontknow:

Hey Stinker, Since I got that Speed bug I might be needing to get an account setup with you. Do you take sheep for a down payment:D

Attachments

• Lamb.jpg
    Lamb.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 19
I know we have probably covered this 100 times but since Brads wheel broke off I think I'm gonna check the torque on my wheels, what is the torque setting for the factory wheels?:dontknow: :dontknow:

black pearl said:
Hey Stinker, Since I got that Speed bug I might be needing to get an account setup with you. Do you take sheep for a down payment:D

keep that sheep away from jack he will think it is one of his high school girlfreinds baby's,,,hahahhahha

can you say daaaaaddyyyyy

95 ft. lbs. per Dodge service manual:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Recently installed a A/F gauge in the truck and wanted to know if they results I get are common.

Idle - 14.5

50 mph 13.5

70 mph - 15.5 - 16

WOT - 12.5

Do I understand it right by saying the higher the number the leaner it is?

Obviously the leaner that the truck runs the worse it is, but is that only at WOT? Sometimes on deceleration on the interstate I get -- on the high side.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back