Plastic grill inserts that are on each side of radiator..can they stay or go?

kickinassrt-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm noticing a lot of heat build up under my hood and the fan seems like it's constantly turning on...I live in S. Florida where it's hot as hell already, and my new job requires a lot of city driving, stop n go....I sometimes drive in the city making stops for about 5 hours straight...................I was wondering if those plastic pieces on each side of the radiator serve a purpose or not? I think by removing at least one side well help cool the engine tremendously:dontknow: So can they go????

I removed mine but didn't tell a difference on the temp gauge. Wish I would have left them to hide the A/C lines now that I have the honeycomb grille.

took mine off.....i was told they were there to keep the front end from lifting at high speeds.:dontknow:

I think that if you take off the left hand side, you get a good shot of air at the CAI.

505'sFastestViper. said:
next week is when the new driveline will be here they were a bunch of sorry shippin fucktards@@@@@@
WHAT? answer the question....WHAT ARE THE PLASTIC PANELS FOR?:D

NorCal SRT-10 said:
I think that if you take off the left hand side, you get a good shot of air at the CAI.
yeah i dont think so bud ....your comment was unappropiate out of content and down right rude..........you guys:D

Yeaper, removed years ago.

505'sFastestViper. said:
yeah i dont think so bud ....your comment was unappropiate out of content and down right rude..........you guys:D
WTF? DON'T BOGART!

I would think they are in place to build a high pressure area on each side of the radiator. Doing so would draw more air through the radiator. I do know for fact that the engine compartment becomes pressurized as air actually flows OUT of the cowl intake opening at speed or at the very least the combination of low pressure area on the front portion of the hood leads to this effect.

I'm going to take the CAI side off...it can only help with air getting in....I'm guessing there just there to give the front a clean look??? my brother's 06 hemi does not have them..just has one big ass radiator to fill the grille......btw I doubt that big ass engine will allow the truck to lift at all...

kickinassrt-10 said:
I'm going to take the CAI side off...it can only help with air getting in....I'm guessing there just there to give the front a clean look??? my brother's 06 hemi does not have them..just has one big ass radiator to fill the grille......btw I doubt that big ass engine will allow the truck to lift at all...
care to take her up to 147mph and find out?:D

Last edited:
kickinassrt-10 said:

They are there to direct more air through the radiator and AC condensor.

supercar1of1 said:
They are there to direct more air through the radiator and AC condensor.

i respectively disagree..how do they direct? i say they block,if they were angled in towards the engine,then maybe you could say they direct...but there not angled.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back