Please help electrical issue

Newfie-SRT-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here just recently bought an SRT-10 and joined this forum :)

Here is my problem:

Power windows don't work
Blower motor don't work
Reverse lights don't work
Stereo works but no sound
Speedometer don't work
Abs light on
Park brake light on
Engine light code p0500
Clunk when put in drive doesn't shift smooth

Things I've checked/tried:

Replaced ignition switch
Checked for broken wires under dash
Checked for broken wires under fuse box
Tested all fuses and relays (no power from fuse 29-38ish)
Unplugged all connections under fuse block/ abs controller all look clean and no corrosion
Cleaned main ground

Info on truck:

2005 black quad cab with 65,000km purchased unseen and was told had no issues and this is what I'm running into. Only mods are k&n intake and borla exhaust.

Regular ram ECM won't work. You can buy a used one but the dealer will have to flash your vin number into it.

So do I need an srt PCM? Or can I take one off a regular ram and have it flashed at dealer for my vin? Do I need to bring truck or just PCM to dealer

Yes, SRT pcm only then a reflash for your vin#.

for a test ECM. should be.

might still have to flash your vin in it though.

be worth a try though. probably get some auto tranny codes, but should get the other systems workin.

ya might want to drop a dime to Final GTS. sounds like he knows our ECM's & might be able to fix ya up:dontknow::rock:

Last edited:
for a test ECM. should be.

might still have to flash your vin in it though.

be worth a try though. probably get some auto tranny codes, but should get the other systems workin.

ya might want to drop a dime to Final GTS. sounds like he knows our ECM's & might be able to fix ya up:dontknow::rock:

I was just on his website $1150 plus $50 for vin and shipping.

Is there a way to test the PCM? That's a lot to dish out and not know if it will fix the problem.

I was just on his website $1150 plus $50 for vin and shipping.

Is there a way to test the PCM? That's a lot to dish out and not know if it will fix the problem.

i would have to say, yes on da test.

at least Cat, Cummins & Detroit can test the ECM.

probably have to go to the Dodge house

whats his web site addy???

I thought a PCM was power train control module. I'm not really having power train issues.

Mostly electrical issues.

But I will try PCM if I can find a way to test it or find a used one

Its not the pcm. I had the same problem couple years ago. They are 2 things you can do. You can give power the the terminal in the ignition switch That give power to all the items you listed or take apart the wire harness to find a fusible link that Blown. Some are visible in the harness on top of the brake booster some are not. I have to look on my computer to find some old pictures of the wires you have to jump on the ignition switch

Its not the pcm. I had the same problem couple years ago. They are 2 things you can do. You can give power the the terminal in the ignition switch That give power to all the items you listed or take apart the wire harness to find a fusible link that Blown. Some are visible in the harness on top of the brake booster some are not. I have to look on my computer to find some old pictures of the wires you have to jump on the ignition switch

That would be awesome. I'm not very good with electrical but I will try it.

So if I can hook up a jumper wire to the ignition switch it will bypass the issue? Add a inline fuse just in case?

Stereo is now working the amp was not plugged in it was wired for aftermarket deck to put power directly to speakers I assume.

Hey guys I'm new here just recently bought an SRT-10 and joined this forum :)

Here is my problem:

Power windows don't work
Blower motor don't work
Reverse lights don't work
Stereo works but no sound
Speedometer don't work
Abs light on
Park brake light on
Engine light code p0500
Clunk when put in drive doesn't shift smooth

Things I've checked/tried:

Replaced ignition switch
Checked for broken wires under dash
Checked for broken wires under fuse box
Tested all fuses and relays (no power from fuse 29-38ish)
Unplugged all connections under fuse block/ abs controller all look clean and no corrosion
Cleaned main ground

Info on truck:

2005 black quad cab with 65,000km purchased unseen and was told had no issues and this is what I'm running into. Only mods are k&n intake and borla exhaust.

Everything you listed shows going thru connector 219, which is under the dash by the parking brake pedal. Check that it is plugged in.

You will also find a hidden fuse down there. Mine was taped to the wiring harness. It's hidden under a white plastic cap. The wiring diagram refers to it as a "fuse holder". It's a self resetting fuse but check it for continuity to make sure it's good. It's a pain to get the cap off, but it just pulls off.

Also check your "run relay", and your "park lamp relay", as well as fuse 15.

2004 - 2006 Service Manuals - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

Changed all fuses and relays around in there still no change.

I can't find anything under dash by park brake fuse wise

I see a green plug with 2 wires nothing connected and a white female end plug nothing there to plug into it

Pull the white cap

And yes, it is factory

It's hard to see because the pictures so grainy but there are only two wires, pink with a yellow stripe. I'm not sure if both wires have the yellow stripe, or just one.

DSC003821.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back