Poll for the VTCOA logo. Please vote!

Which Logo

• #1 - Sneaky Pete / Sneaky Fangs

Votes: 92 63.4%
  • #2 - Ram Front end / Snake mix

Votes: 53 36.6%

• Total voters
I really like Srtbrad's ideas of #2 on back of t-shirt and #1 on front of t-shirt AND the #1 on hat. :rock:

I can't vote guys:dontknow:

both are really world class work:rock:

I think both would look nice, especially with Roz's on the front pocket and the other onthe back of the shirt.

and like dram said Roz's on the hat!

so what do I do?:dontknow:

I Voted for ROZ's, personally I like this one. I think It seperates us from the vipers, and focuses us more on the truck. Its pretty simple too...

Attachments

• 287.jpg
    287.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Dominick572 said:
I Voted for ROZ's, personally I like this one. I think It seperates us from the vipers, and focuses us more on the truck. Its pretty simple too...

I guess from the two I would have to agree:rock:

I'm always open to some contructive criticism.:rock:

First off, lemme start by explaining my "simple" design. Previously stated in the orginal thread, a design was requested for use as embroidery for shirts, and for stickers to be made. This is the reason for staying away from something "photographic". Granted I've never done embroidery, but I have had decals made. 9/10, decals are on placed on glass and have to endure the elements. I know a guy who does vinyl signs for a living and he tells me that your multicolor/screenprint type designs look best when first printed, but after exposed to some elements, eventually "wear" with the times. So I went with something "not to complicated" and something that could be easily embroidered and produced into stickers. I just did as requested? :dontknow:

If a we're wanting a new internet banner, my design would be HIDEOUS!

I can go back to the drawing board, and maybe next go 'round include all submissions and hold a vote again, instead of narrowing it down to two.

Those that dislike either design, speak up! :) What do you want to see?

Nice! thanks Dominick. Yeah, i'll parallel RoZ's comments. I think the design
is there but the color is missing. When i mean color i mean Red ;) :rock::rock:

Sharpi

Roz-SRT said:
I'm always open to some contructive criticism.:rock:

First off, lemme start by explaining my "simple" design. Previously stated in the orginal thread, a design was requested for use as embroidery for shirts, and for stickers to be made. This is the reason for staying away from something "photographic". Granted I've never done embroidery, but I have had decals made. 9/10, decals are on placed on glass and have to endure the elements. I know a guy who does vinyl signs for a living and he tells me that your multicolor/screenprint type designs look best when first printed, but after exposed to some elements, eventually "wear" with the times. So I went with something "not to complicated" and something that could be easily embroidered and produced into stickers. I just did as requested? :dontknow:

If a we're wanting a new internet banner, my design would be HIDEOUS!

I can go back to the drawing board, and maybe next go 'round include all submissions and hold a vote again, instead of narrowing it down to two.

Those that dislike either design, speak up! :) What do you want to see?

I appreciate the work you have put into this design. Any idea can be improved on but I personally like your design. Maybe if you have time you could do another busier versions of it.

Brad

Thanks Brad! Define "busier" for me. Tell me exactly what you want to see different? :)

Just so everyone knows, no offense is taken by anyone not liking the design.

When I preliminary stages of designing folks a log home, I rarely get it right the first time. It takes some communication back and forth and eventually it gets right! :)

Roz-SRT said:
Thanks Brad! Define "busier" for me. Tell me exactly what you want to see different? :)

Just so everyone knows, no offense is taken by anyone not liking the design.

When I preliminary stages of designing folks a log home, I rarely get it right the first time. It takes some communication back and forth and eventually it gets right! :)

I like the design but others are saying it is too simple. If I was an artist I could define busier for you. It was just a suggestion to accomodate some of the other members that didn't like it.

Brad

I like both designs for different reasons as stated earlier. Roz-SRT is simple enough for stickers and stuff. Got smart's is creative and would be awesome on the back of a coat or something. I voted for the sneaky Pete, because I think it fits more applications we could make with it. So now that we have 2 finalist lets get a final draft too. I don't mind waiting longer for perfection. As stated before I believe these were rough drafts. My .02 worth for Roz-SRT is the sneaky pete is cool. But at first glance it might be difficult for the uneducated eye to be able to tell what it is. Maybe something to make pete stick out more. Gotsmart IMO it seems a little cartooney, but that is why I like it. Probably not everybody's cup of tea, I still love it. I think maybe some bolder lines for truck kind of give it a meaner look while keeping the same theme. So how about you guys putting together some other ideas based on the same principle? Jack and Patrick and anyone else involved with the selection it must have been a tough decision to pick two designs out of the many good entries I am happy with the choices, and proudly display the winner.

Keep in mind that my design as it's shown in this thread is only ONE of the possible executions.

It's fully adaptable to full-colour applications (for the Web site), a simple one-colour emblem for baseball caps or decals, a horizontal lock-up of the logo and the type for window decals, etc.

If my design is the one the club wants to go with, i have no hesitation in delivering variations of it in formats that will work for all possible applications. I've designed it in Adobe Illustrator, so it's vector artwork and can be scaled to any size and output for posters, sent to sign shops to have decals cut, sent to embroidery shops to have t-shirts and caps made, etc.

I just don't want people thinking that what they see in that one layout is the only way it will appear, because that's not the case. :)

I strived to create something unique and original for you guys, that speaks directly to the fact that this is a Viper Truck club, and i deliberately stylized the features of the truck/snake icon in order to make it reflect the different generations of the SRT-10 without being specific to one year/generation only.

Last edited:
Great point(s). That definately needs to be known! :)

Come on people, vote. Out of all the registered users and only 80 votes!!

Maybe neither needs to be an option. Not even the majority has voted!

also have to remember Roz not all the members registered here actually visit
the site frequently. I know that kinda defeats the purpose of being a member
but a more valid idea would to have the poll time based. say, a month. :dontknow: But i'm sure you already knew that :rock::rock: :D

Sharpi

Dominick572 said:

:dito: I really like ROZ's designs more better.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back