pro turbo crap

If the intercooler has leaks did anybody bother to call Pro Turbo to see if they will repair it? If there is a leak you should be able to see it. Can we get some pics?

I imagine that to have boost changes that drastic there would have to be some big ass holes.

Stinker update

Tony called and he is headed home with his truck. He was back on the road near Monroe, LA. He was going to stop and get a few hours sleep and drive on. All the motels in a 100 mile radius had no vacancy.
He said they fixed 6 leaks in the intercooler.
Bottom line was it ran up to about 4 grand and fell on it's head, the same as before the leak repair.
He has an idea about what is wrong and I am sure he will post about it when he gets home.
I will post more if I hear from Tony....Jack

watch its gonna be something simple, it always works out that way. I hope he finds it and gets that thing back on the road. the saga continues...

FSTJACK said:
Bottom line was it ran up to about 4 grand and fell on it's head, the same as before the leak repair.

That's interesting... When my turbo kit was working, it would do the same thing. I'd hit about 4500rpm, and just before I'd shift it fell on it's face. If I were to do it over, I'd install a fuel pressure gauge to see if the enrichment injectors weren't causing a big ass drop in pressure at the rails when they came on.

Ram From Hell said:
That's interesting... When my turbo kit was working, it would do the same thing. I'd hit about 4500rpm, and just before I'd shift it fell on it's face. If I were to do it over, I'd install a fuel pressure gauge to see if the enrichment injectors weren't causing a big ass drop in pressure at the rails when they came on.
Hey Pecker Checker:D Why are you under the hood:dontknow: :dontknow: Wanna go fishin:confused:

Now as for the topic:D I'm with stupid:rock: ^^^^^^:p

Weird. My PTK doesnt have any problems at all. I went over the whole kit and found no problems at all.

Well, yours prob wasnt the 1st one. I think they made a mistake somewhere and it will come out eventually. Underground will fix it then maybe Dalton or Killer can learn how to build it right.

Blakewilder said:
Well, yours prob wasnt the 1st one. I think they made a mistake somewhere and it will come out eventually. Underground will fix it then maybe Dalton or Killer can learn how to build it right.
One thing that I have learned watching the guys here build their trucks is being first at something can be expensive and painful. It's cool to be first, but you are going to pay for it in more ways than one usually.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back