Procharger track performance info???

SANTEEN

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really really really, like the Prochargers. Lately, I've been getting the itch for more power. And yes, I know I can get at least 12lbs out of the Paxton. But I've seen some VERY impressive horsepower and torque numbers from the Prochargers. My only concern is, I've seen no track numbers. Those of you that know me, know that I like going to the track. Has anyone with a Procharger gone to the track and if so, how did it perform? The last thing that I want, is a dyno queen. Dyno numbers dont mean shit, if you cant back them up at the track. So, will one of you Procharger guys post up some track times.

I really really really, like the Prochargers. Lately, I've been getting the itch for more power. And yes, I know I can get at least 12lbs out of the Paxton. But I've seen some VERY impressive horsepower and torque numbers from the Prochargers. My only concern is, I've seen no track numbers. Those of you that know me, know that I like going to the track. Has anyone with a Procharger gone to the track and if so, how did it perform? The last thing that I want, is a dyno queen. Dyno numbers dont mean shit, if you cant back them up at the track. So, will one of you Procharger guys post up some track times.

I think you should go with the Procharger. So how much do you want for the Paxton?:drool:

So how much CFM does your PAXTON put out? I have an OLD SN93 PAXTON from my Trans Am that I might buy the Viper Mounting plate for and use on my 10.;)

I know this is somewhat apples to oranges, but I had a ProCharged SVT Focus a few years ago. The characteristics of the ProCharger is that it's essentially a belt-driven turbo as obviously it's a centrifugal supercharger. My setup had very little power down low, but a ton of power on the high end of the RPM range, so essentially it wasn't a great 1/4 mile car, but in terms of being on the highway and getting up to speed over distance it was great. TQ was also lower than hp, I believe I had like 289hp and like 260ish tq IIRC. Like I said, not necessarily comparable in terms of hp and tq between a Viper engine and a 4 banger, but I would reason that the procharger on any engine is going to see good top end power but suffer a little in the lower ranges of the RPM band.

-Jason

So how much CFM does your PAXTON put out? I have an OLD SN93 PAXTON from my Trans Am that I might buy the Viper Mounting plate for and use on my 10.;)
The Novi 2000 can go as high as 1400 cfm. Now get out of my thread, unless you can answer my question. bitch!!

Another thing to consider Santeen is that if you add another 50rwhp it might over power your dr's. Traction is really the limiting factor with any of our trucks, it just gets worse with the high HP dyno queens. I found out the hard way with my truck to just change things a little bit at a time or you end up starting from scratch

Another thing to consider Santeen is that if you add another 50rwhp it might over power your dr's. Traction is really the limiting factor with any of our trucks, it just gets worse with the high HP dyno queens. I found out the hard way with my truck to just change things a little bit at a time or you end up starting from scratch

I know Bobby is still hooking good with his Paxton QC and DR's. And he's running 12lbs and putting down about 100 hp more than me. But, I do agree, at some point the DR's wont be enough. But, if I had a Procharger, I would deal with it when the time came. Just haven't heard of anyone taking it down the track yet and there a few that are done. No way could I have a truck with that much power and not get it to the truck for some fun.

I know Bobby is still hooking good with his Paxton QC and DR's. And he's running 12lbs and putting down about 100 hp more than me. But, I do agree, at some point the DR's wont be enough. But, if I had a Procharger, I would deal with it when the time came. Just haven't heard of anyone taking it down the track yet and there a few that are done. No way could I have a truck with that much power and not get it to the truck for some fun.

If he is at 100hp more than you with a paxton what kinda power are you lookin for?

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
If he is at 100hp more than you with a paxton what kinda power are you lookin for?

900hp on pump gas is sweet!!! No Paxton is gonna get that on our trucks. And again, those numbers are nice, but I wanna see some track times.

viperhauler said:
dude... queef.... 100 more hp and 250 more torque... get real!

Which just reinforces what I'm saying. The DR's are fine for a while. Now STFU and go make me a samitch!!

Winter is here and still no tune for me, so next year I will have some results for ya all.

I figured, if anyone would, you would. Looking forward to seeing the resullts. Just dont understand why no one else has. :dontknow:

Might pm ramfromhell I think he took his a few times

I dont think he did. Last I heard, he was pulling the roll cage and selling it, cuz he didn't want to risk wrecking the truck at the track. Then why put all that power into it, if you cant use it? :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back