Procharger track performance info???

I dont think he did. Last I heard, he was pulling the roll cage and selling it, cuz he didn't want to risk wrecking the truck at the track. Then why put all that power into it, if you cant use it? :dontknow:

ohh, i thought he went a few times before he got it painted and the reason h wasnt going any more was to not screw up the paint

This is copied and pasted from Eric's paint thread, regarding running it down the track:

Several times. I was just over 12 on my best run.

Not to make ANY excuses, but:

Considering the loss of more than a 10th of a second between my sloppy shifts, some wheel spin (even with hot slicks), having 200# of tools, jack, and street wheels in the back (nobody with me to watch my stuff), neither the QA1s or Caltracs were adjusted (at all), and that the truck wanted to swap ends every time I shifted (found one end of the rear sway bar hanging loose at the end of the day), it wasn't a bad time. Seriously, with the suspension issue, I had to pedal the truck ALL the way down the track.

Now, with the suspension fixed and adjusted, and one of those clutch-less 6-speeds from Kiesler, I have no doubt that I'd be kicked off of the track. That trans will be my next mod for sure. Between the improved ETs and the fact that my left leg is having neurological issues, it's the best thing outside of going full auto. ...and where's the fun in an auto trans?

I dont think he did. Last I heard, he was pulling the roll cage and selling it, cuz he didn't want to risk wrecking the truck at the track. Then why put all that power into it, if you cant use it? :dontknow:

does seem like a huge waste to me as well but maybe he's just tired of it.....

I know Bobby is still hooking good with his Paxton QC and DR's. And he's running 12lbs and putting down about 100 hp more than me. But, I do agree, at some point the DR's wont be enough. But, if I had a Procharger, I would deal with it when the time came. Just haven't heard of anyone taking it down the track yet and there a few that are done. No way could I have a truck with that much power and not get it to the truck for some fun.

I'd stay with the Paxton, you know what there capable of putting out. The Procharger you only hear alittle here and there every once in awhile. I thought about doing a 75 or 100 shot and that would of put me around the probably 850-900 RWHP range, but that's when you start breakin crap. I'm very satisfied with the number that I got on the Dyno and at the Track. Hopefully when it cools off abit they'll get better.

cuz no matter what it'll bust yer sorry ass any day of the week:D

From what was just posted. It doesn't look that way. "Just over 12". So far, I'm seeing another Roe in the making. 900 hp and still in the 12's. Even with some traction issues, it should be deep into the 11's. I agree with Bobby, I just may stick with the Paxton. It's proven itself time and time again. And from what I see, the Novi 2500 may be a direct bolt on for us that already have a Novi 2000. Just sayin

From what was just posted. It doesn't look that way. "Just over 12". So far, I'm seeing another Roe in the making. 900 hp and still in the 12's. Even with some traction issues, it should be deep into the 11's. I agree with Bobby, I just may stick with the Paxton. It's proven itself time and time again. And from what I see, the Novi 2500 may be a direct bolt on for us that already have a Novi 2000. Just sayin

from what I understand there is another option in superchargers in the works also:dontknow:

No JMB Procharged truck has been down the track with tires, etc. Just Eric on 22's that I am aware of. Johns truck would spin at 100mph on 22's on pump gas so it doesnt matter how much you make if you dont have the traction to put it down. I would be curious to see the Novi 2500 on a truck but it doesnt seem like the viper guys are picking up much from them.
Justin

JMB Justin said:
No JMB Procharged truck has been down the track with tires, etc. Just Eric on 22's that I am aware of. Johns truck would spin at 100mph on 22's on pump gas so it doesnt matter how much you make if you dont have the traction to put it down. I would be curious to see the Novi 2500 on a truck but it doesnt seem like the viper guys are picking up much from them.
Justin

But he said he ran on slicks, not 22" street tires.

According to Paxton the 2500 will bolt in place of the 2000. Don't know how much more it will put out. But def worth a try.

Oh, didnt catch that sorry. Its all about traction and driver as you know, more power is useless without traction. Slicks with no burnout or incorrect pressure or ??? is no better than street tires. It absolutely destroys any other blower system on the market when it comes to power, however, Im with you, track times mean alot more to me. Theres no reason at all it shouldnt be ALOT faster than a truck making 2-300whp less with a paxton setup. Theres no spool time, no lag, no negative side effects or disadvantages compared to the other stuff out there (except cost).
Justin

Hey Steve, your running the same set up as what I have right? If so you should be in the mid 11's. My best time so far at the track is 11.5 @ 120 that was on a 85 degree night and probably humidty at 90%. Can't wait for it to cool down some to see Whst she'll run in 40-50 degree weather. But you should have no problem running in the mid to low 11's.

Hey Steve, your running the same set up as what I have right? If so you should be in the mid 11's. My best time so far at the track is 11.5 @ 120 that was on a 85 degree night and probably humidty at 90%. Can't wait for it to cool down some to see Whst she'll run in 40-50 degree weather. But you should have no problem running in the mid to low 11's.

Shit, I'm way behind you Bobby. I still got stock motor and only running 7lbs. Hopefully, I'll be at your level soon.

Prochargers do pretty good. They made a couple 1930s 302 Jimmy dump truck engines go over 200 MPH... :drool::drool::drool::drool:

(the orange car pics are of the Goldman Shores BFR/XXO Roadster that I crewed for in 2010 - over 220 MPH).

(the brown car is Vince Norton's BFMR/XXO who I crewed for in 2011 - got him into the 2-club at around 202 MPH)

So, if they can make a lowly 6 cylinder Jimmy run, why not one of our "fancy" viper engines???!!! (big smile)

:marchmellow::marchmellow:

Attachments

• DSC02063.jpg
    DSC02063.jpg
    791.8 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC02064.jpg
    DSC02064.jpg
    820.8 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC02638.jpg
    DSC02638.jpg
    728.4 KB · Views: 127
Steve just build your motor already, crank up the boost , be happy and STFU!

Okay no clue what is a dr that you guys are talking about? Also I thought the novi 2000 (read this) could have the compressor wheel swapped to the novi 2500 wheel maybe I misunderstood though but I thought it was worth 3 or 4 more lbs on exact same setup.

Okay no clue what is a dr that you guys are talking about? Also I thought the novi 2000 (read this) could have the compressor wheel swapped to the novi 2500 wheel maybe I misunderstood though but I thought it was worth 3 or 4 more lbs on exact same setup.

Dr equals Drag radials. Thats interesting about the compressor. A simple call to paxton can verify/explain this.....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back